PDA

View Full Version : As of today!!!!

UtlGoa
05-21-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm retired from Law Enforcement. Nothing like destroying the knee to end a career. So, everyone the beers on me, drink up!:)

victorfb
05-21-2004, 11:07 PM
sorry to hear about the knee. that is a bummer, but i hope you enjoy your retirement. congradulations.

Aluminum Squirt
05-21-2004, 11:27 PM
I like your screen name, I just noticed it. Sorry to hear about your knee. Jumping out of air planes in the Army didn't help mine but so far its holding together. I'll take somebody to jail for you tomorrow-Aluminum Squirt

MoJetBoPar
05-22-2004, 07:28 AM
I just lost a friend on 5/13/04 that was a 36 yr. old detective then went back to patrolman less than a year ago. He died on duty, a drunk driver hit him.
Maybe you're better off.

Lightning
05-22-2004, 08:04 AM
So did you score on the tax free disability retirement???

UtlGoa
05-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Well I got 50% of my pay TAX FREE for the rest of my life which comes out to around $29,000, plus there trying to find me a new job as an investigator. So in the long run I'll make a lot more money.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. When are people going ot learn to stop drinking and driving.
I know I'm going to be better off. I have been shot once in the back of the head, had my throat crushed, now the knee. I'm only 34 and still young enough to start over.

MoJetBoPar
05-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks.
It sounds like a blessing in disguise to me.
Best wishes to you for the new opportunities ahead.
Dean

dankirk
05-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Which agency are you retiring from?

Big Proppa
05-22-2004, 06:03 PM
All thats happened and your only 34 - I have an idea - how about the beers on us!! congrats bro - better this way out then the other. Sorry about your friend mojet

UtlGoa
05-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I retired from Blythe Police Department.

UtlGoa
05-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Big Proppa,
Might have to take you up on that at FC2. As soon as my workers comp is settled I'm taking my boat out. Boat's been sitting in the garage for two years now. If I knew how to post pictures I'd post a pic of it.

Big Proppa
05-23-2004, 05:04 PM
If you can e-mail them to me I will post them for you
william.hannah@adelphia.net
or
1 - go to hot boat image center and register
2 - upload your photo into image center
3 - cright click on uploaded photo and copy properties
4 - go back to forums get into a reply or start new topic
5 - click the IMG buttom right above the body where you would type, a little bar will appear in the top left of the page, right click inside that bar and paste photo properties.
once you've done it, it's cake

BigBlockBaja
05-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Hey Big Proppa,
Is there a way to do it with having to pay to show your pics?

BigBoyToys
05-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by BigBlockBaja
Hey Big Proppa,
Is there a way to do it with having to pay to show your pics?
BigBlockBaja, I can host your pics for ya on my website if ya like. Just send them to me at JimP@pritek.net and I'll make a new directory for ya and put your pics in them. Free of charge of course:) Then you just have to hit the IMG button and put in the URL (location) of the pics to post them. But only because you're from Lake Hopatcang;) (I'm originally from that area and still have lotsa relatives up there)

LOWRIVER2
05-24-2004, 06:19 AM
Best of luck with a new career. I lost a friend on the job the same way, T boned by drunk in a camaro doing over 100mph. Guy was to get married in two weeks and was working overtime for the honeymoon. He is still sorely missed 11 years later.
I have 13 in, plenty to go but I know at this stage I could do something else if necessary, it's funny how you can't imagine doing anything but LE for the first 5 when it's so new.
If you ever boat by the bridge at Earp, pm me and come have a few cold ones out at my place, I even have a hot tub overlooking the river for the knee/lol.
Cheers to you!
LR