PDA

View Full Version : Bohnalite 6-71 Blower

Charger455
05-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Anyone ever heard of a Bohnalite GMC blower???? I aquired what appears to be a rebuilt 6-71 blower. It has a similar case and rotors but the case only uses 4 bolts to bolt to the manifold (Which I have yet to find). I read something on a another forum that said they were made long ago and maybe were used on Chrysler hemis. Any info would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Charger455
05-30-2004, 05:13 AM
Hopefully this image helps someone jog thier memory!!!

05-30-2004, 09:57 AM
That blower is for a 6V-71 Detroit Diesel. Not exactly the one you want for making horsepower.

Charger455
05-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Are you sure??? Its no good for even a street car,?? and even if it is how would I attach it to a regular blower manifold???
May be I should be offerit on a diesel forum.
Any advice??

05-31-2004, 12:46 AM
Yep....not much good for anything but a diesel. It would need major reworking to run on an application where pressure is required. Detroit Diesel engines use blowers to move air not make boost. Even if you could adapt it to fit a std. blower manifold [has a different mounting than a inline 6-71] it would still need to be reworked for pressure. That means stronger end plates, steel gears and rotor clearances tighten just to get it to work. Most of the stock GMC gears are cast and not strong enough to handle the demand of a performance engine and higher rpm. Maybe you can unload it on the Detroit Diesel forum.:D