PDA

View Full Version : Engine hoist

Dragboat Dad
05-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Does anyone in my area have a engine hoist I could borrow? We would like to put the engine in the Hondo project tomorrow. Thanks

Little Wood Boat
05-23-2004, 10:19 AM
For me, I've given up on the standard engine hoists for doing the boat motors. I'll never go back to an engine hoist after I rented a forklift the last time...$125 a day might seem lot compared to $35 but worth it! Either way good luck!

Moneypitt
05-23-2004, 10:24 AM
DbD, Yes, I've got one here in Newbury Park. Call me NOW, 498 6531........ and bring your truck..........Ray

Dragboat Dad
05-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks Moneypitt, We got a late start today and missed you. As it turned out we didn't get that far today. We would like to shoot for next weekend if that's ok with you. Tom

Moneypitt
05-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I'm sure we can figure out something. I've got an engine to pull out of the hydro also, but we'll work around each other somehow..........

MudPumper
05-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey DD, I have a hoist you can borrow for next weekend if you want to come to Santa Clarita to pick it up. Im leaving for the River Wednesday at 7pm. Let me know, your more than welcome to it!!!;)

victorfb
05-23-2004, 07:33 PM
ive used differant lifts and prefer the old chain fall on an A frame. easy to make and cheap chain fall hoists can be had all over. ive never used the fork lift but it just so happens i picked one up a few weeks ago, just need the forks. i figured i would get some good forks and make some adapters to lift trailers (ball hitch), and longer extentions to lift the hulls off the trailer to do repairs on trailers. i suppose ill make an adapter for lifting motors aswell. its worth a try. i just prefer the very slow and easy way the chain fall does. i can feel if there is any binding at all that i am missing with the eye.

Dragboat Dad
05-23-2004, 07:53 PM
That sounds good Moneypitt, I'll talk to you later in the week. Thanks for the offer Mudpumper, I won't be out your way though.
The forklift sounds like a good investment Victorfb, lots of uses for it.

victorfb
05-23-2004, 10:41 PM
couldnt really pass it up. $100 and it fired right up, everything worked great. just no forks. not sure what model but its a caterpiller so im sure it was worth it. many uses? how about pulling the bushes along the fence that have them huge thorns on em? man that would be awsome. :D