PDA

View Full Version : fng intro

bad2dabone
05-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Hello gents:
I have been lurking for quite some time and have gained alot of great information. I have had my Biesemeyer for five years now and was wondering if this boat would be competative in either the suppersock racing series or some sort of bracket racing in the NJBA? I spoke with Paul with the supperstock series several years ago and he seems to be a great guy and those guys put on a hell of a show, it seems like that would be a good entry-level way to get my "feet wet" racing. Is that a good way to get into racing? I like the dragboats too and eventually would like to get into that, but what is the easiest way to brake into it? I think I know about the safety aspects and have visited the websites and have gained a great amount of knowledge on this and other boards, but most of the people seem a bit "clicky" for a FNG like me. My boat is setup like a cirlce boat right now I think so I think that would be the easiest way for me to start and be low cost, but I would apreciate any ideas to get into racing.
Thanks.
Don J.

126driver
05-22-2004, 09:34 PM
What type of boat is it? Post a pic. Check out www.superstockracingassoc.com for info on the roundy-rounds.

Kindsvater Flat
05-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 126driver
What type of boat is it? Post a pic. Check out www.superstockracingassoc.com for info on the roundy-rounds.
You going to Redding?

CircleJerk
05-22-2004, 10:07 PM
My suggestion, run the Nostalgia class first, get some experience, those other boys swap paint too often! and never apologize....for a boo boo:D

WaterBox
05-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Yo Bad... Like Jerk said. The Nosty. class would be the place to start. It takes a good size Pocket-Book to run a competieve S/S Boat. OH ya..... Welcome to the board's
Originally posted by bad2dabone
Hello gents:
I have been lurking for quite some time and have gained alot of great information. I have had my Biesemeyer for five years now and was wondering if this boat would be competative in either the suppersock racing series or some sort of bracket racing in the NJBA? I spoke with Paul with the supperstock series several years ago and he seems to be a great guy and those guys put on a hell of a show, it seems like that would be a good entry-level way to get my "feet wet" racing. Is that a good way to get into racing? I like the dragboats too and eventually would like to get into that, but what is the easiest way to brake into it? I think I know about the safety aspects and have visited the websites and have gained a great amount of knowledge on this and other boards, but most of the people seem a bit "clicky" for a FNG like me. My boat is setup like a cirlce boat right now I think so I think that would be the easiest way for me to start and be low cost, but I would apreciate any ideas to get into racing.
Thanks.
Don J. :D:D :D

WaterBox
05-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Yo Bad... Like Jerk said. The Nosty. class would be the place to start. It takes a good size Pocket-Book to run a competieve S/S Boat. OH ya..... Welcome to the board's
Originally posted by bad2dabone
Hello gents:
Thanks.
Don J. :D:D :D

Dragboat Dad
05-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Welcome to the boards, there are a lot of great people here who will help you anyway they can.

GofastRacer
05-23-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree that would be a good way to get some seat time!...BTW, welcome to the boards!.:cool:

ColeTR1
05-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the boards! I would tell you first to get involved with the social gatherings like going to Camp Far West (CFW) or Big River on fathers day. Some times it seams a little clicky around here but all and all I have not met one unfriendly person at these types of events. We have a great time the only schedule is to have fun. Super Stock racing is one of the most competitive boat classes, where people spend tens of thousands of dollars just to get 2 more H.P.’s. If you what to go round de round racing I would look at the Pro Stock class. NJBA would be a good deal for you if you when to find out how fast your boat is and do some racing without breaking the bank.

bad2dabone
05-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Thank you for all the replies. What is this supperstockracingassoc.com 126 Driver? Is there two associations for supperstocks? I have attended a few races that Paul Whitingtton owns and that seems to be a very professional orginization. As far as the nostalgia racing events, I have been racing alot of people at the lakes and river and I am most always beating them. I do not mean to sound overconfident but the supperstock boats are a slower engine then what I have in the boat now (454 tunnel ram roller cam) and I think that I could handle that easily. I would want to start with something more than the nostalgia boats because I know I can handle the speed. I would really like to drag race my boat and think that running a easier class with the supperstocks would get me the experience I need to work my way up to a faster class.
Thank you again.
Don J.

Roman 1
05-23-2004, 02:07 PM
BadTbone,
Sounds like your right on track!:) You might want to consider trading up to a runnerbottom for the drags and get yourself some squareport heads and some headers too!!
RC

126driver
05-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Hey Bad,
The SSRS is the Series for the SS boats now. You must have been talking about several years ago, and even then Paul didn't own the Series, just ran it.
Good to hear you have seat time, but the SS boats are hardly "entry level." But, bring it out and run it and have fun. Or do the Nosty dealio, it's cool too. But running circles and drag racing are two completely different animals. Good luck and have fun, whatever it is you decide.

Roman 1
05-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey Bad,
The SSRS is the Series for the SS boats now. You must have been talking about several years ago, and even then Paul didn't own the Series, just ran it.
Good to hear you have seat time, but the SS boats are hardly "entry level." But, bring it out and run it and have fun. Or do the Nosty dealio, it's cool too. But running circles and drag racing are two completely different animals. Good luck and have fun, whatever it is you decide.
126 driver, I see your signed up for the FC II. I'll throw ya a cold one for a 5 lap ride.;)
RC

126driver
05-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Uh, yeah right. Someone is being a funny muthaphucka.

Rexone
05-23-2004, 04:27 PM
hey anybody want a taco

Roman 1
05-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Uh, yeah right. Someone is being a funny muthaphucka.
Looks like you have to go now!!:p
Weren't you national champion last year? And the year before that?
RC

MikeF
05-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
hey anybody want a taco
With Nacho cheese...........or maybe SWISS?!