PDA

View Full Version : Whos got the ugliest pump?

BigBlockBaja
05-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Just looking at some pics I got of my project and think I got the worst looking berkeley out there now. Definetly suffered from too many neglect owners. Can anyone beat this pic?

King Kuracz
05-23-2004, 06:17 PM
YOU WIN !

Some Kind Of Monster
05-23-2004, 06:17 PM
You have my vote!

cave
05-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Yup! Way worse than mine.:D

BigBlockBaja
05-23-2004, 06:39 PM
All I can do is luagh.. It works so I'll clean it up as time and usage permits..You guys should have seen the rest of the boat.. It was really Basterdized!

HammerDown
05-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the warning...but I still puked!

Shark In The Pond
05-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Wow ... also how long are those exhaust tips :eek:

BigBoyToys
05-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Shark In The Pond
Wow ... also how long are those exhaust tips :eek:
Is THAT what those are?:D

BigBlockBaja
05-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Those Tips are from CP Performance. They are the 3" extra long slash cut. The got a rubber flapper in there. Very well built I think.

BigBlockBaja
05-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry, There 10 1/2 " long from the transom. If I knew what I know now, I would have gone with 4" tips and sawed off the ends of the risers. But, there is always next year.

toad polumsky
05-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Maybe this guy?

moneysucker
05-24-2004, 10:49 PM
I can only say one thing. AIRCRAFT COATING STRIPPER from Kragan auto parts. it will clean that bitch up right now.

mgar_red
05-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Hey Baja,
How much did that gimble $et you back, if you don't mind tellin? Also, wondering if you were going to modify it for more up travel? Mine was done by the previous guy, but I might clean up the arc.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1176gimble.jpg

BigBlockBaja
05-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey mgar_red,
Watch your trim ring for stress cracks. I was going along and a buddy yelled to me. I threw it in reverse and gave it some throttle to stop the boat and ended up shooting the nozzle off the drive becuase of a small weak spot. And it was 400 bucks for a new one. Yup, just call CP and ask them. Im not modifying it at all. I already bought a g bowl and am going to be running a droop with a place after this boating season. I was looking at mine one day. I was thinking of modifying it for more up travel, But the nozzle looks to be pretty close to the edge of the bowl in the stock up position to begine with, so it looks more up travel would lead to blow by out the bottom of the bowl. I may be wrong, but im not going to go grind up that new trim ring...

mgar_red
05-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Didn't know you had to buy a new one, and I can see how you feel about grinding on something that expensive. The new Holley Marine carb for my enclosed compartment set me back that much, so the thought of milling the choke horn down didn't feel good afterwards. I do keep an eye on the ring since I don't know the who or how about the work done to it. Thanks for your concern and good luck with the restore. :)

monkey rage frank
05-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Looks like that thing/boat caught fire!!!!!!!! I can't believe that thing actually works>>shit man!!!!!!

flathead
05-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BigBlockBaja
Just looking at some pics I got of my project and think I got the worst looking berkeley out there now. Definetly suffered from too many neglect owners. Can anyone beat this pic?
OUCH!!! I thought my rusty old ULTRA was ugly!! I don't even think ya can fix dat wid CAMMO paint!! But hey! A little brown and green flat and ya could hunt ducks wid it!! Good luck on yer resto!!!!!

BigBlockBaja
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Monkey, belive it or not, it works pretty good. Granted when I last drove the boat, it had a crappy 305 that looked as bad as the pump and it pushed me and my buddy with a full tank of fuel around at 40 mph on the gps turning 3600 rpm. So you can see i never fed it some real power yet.
Anyone know of a good paint stripper I could get at a local Home Depot/ Lowes that will remove even the old Berkeley finish?
I think its bad enough that im now known as the guy with the ugliest pump ever!!!! :D :D

monkey rage frank
05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Sweet as long as it runs F***k it most people don't even have a boat. It's like when your really fadded and a fat chick looks good as long as its wet and fun to ride your having a good time!!!!!!!!!!
Never really had a bad peice of ass,just some are better than others. Cheers brother. Hope you have a good weekend.
Monkey Rage Frank out!!!!!!!

adsala
05-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Years ago my buddy broke the gimble on my old boat doing the same thing (reverse shot!) He made good on it but he had a really hard time finding a new one. Does CP carry those gimbles? Just in case mine breaks. I have a different boat now but it has a gimble too. I grinded the upper half too but not as much. You can still see Berkeley on mine.
Strip that pump and repaint it. EEEK!

TIBURON
05-27-2004, 05:07 PM
I THINK I SAW A MONKEY RAGING ABOUT HIS COOL YELLOW WINGED BOAT BREAKIN DOWN IN HAVASU TODAY.
HEY MONKEY, I WAS IN THE DAYTONA THAT FLEW BY YOU AT ABOUT 100... HAHAHA

RedRocket
05-27-2004, 06:36 PM
I've seen that finish before on some kind of marine mammal