PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes You Have to Show Those Neighborhood Punks .....

Infomaniac
05-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Who is still the champ
Maybe not what you expected to read but: No ass kickings.
Do you ever feel the need to just go out and show up those young kids? When do you call it quits and admit you are old and they are taking over?
Even if it means being too beat up go to work the next day?
Info Jr. came in and said "Brice beat your wheelie record" I have held the bicycle and motorcycle wheelie record on our street for many years even though I am 42, beer belly and "old" by their standards.
One of these days they will kick my butt at it. They are going to have to work hard for it.
I stop building on this engine to immediately challenge this kid.
Kid to beat at wheelies (http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/Brice.wmv)
The starting point is the second mailbox from the corner. The infomaniac successfully wheelied 15 mailboxes for the new record. :D Info Jr. filming and did not get the winning wheelie. But these will do.
Old guy Infomaniac wheelie 1 (http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/Dad.wmv)
Old guy Infomaniac wheelie 2 (http://riverratlife.com/uploads/info/Dad2.wmv)
You can bet that Brice will be practicing all day while I am at work. They are out of school for the summer.
At what point do you give up the reigns to the young folks?

seho
05-23-2004, 08:03 PM
NEVER give it up, Ron...make them earn it! LOL

Debbolas
05-23-2004, 08:25 PM
You must always be wheelie champ!
:D

Dr. Eagle
05-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Nice........

DEEZ NUTTS
05-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Nice wheelie. I too have been blessed with the wheelie gene. I am proud to say that I have been able to wheelie just about anything as long as I can remember. Oddly enough My best are on my kx250 vs. my yz426. Nothing better than a beach cruiser with a springy seat and beach bars. Could turn corners on one wheel back in the day with that bike.

phebus
05-23-2004, 08:32 PM
I hope the kid doesn't decide to start jumping cars....:D

Debbolas
05-23-2004, 08:33 PM
WOT, but I have been blessed with the "diving" gene.
I am an awesome diver, excellent form. Really, It's a gift....;)

Dr. Eagle
05-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by DEEZ NUTTS
Could turn corners on one wheel back in the day with that bike.
Steering brakes........;)

Debbolas
05-23-2004, 08:45 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/pirategun.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/ar.gif :D

FMluvswater
05-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Wicked wheelies HON! :cool: Never give up! ;) :D

v-drive
05-24-2004, 02:34 AM
I used to ride a unicycle. one year I got my son one for xmas,I just thought it would be fun. He learned very fast and some of our fondest memories are of him riding circles around a group of his teachers leaving school for the day. that's cool info, keep those kids striving for something besides hanging out :D v-drive

ONAROLL
05-24-2004, 02:40 AM
Ron,
LMFAO.........My 10 year old is sure he is much faster than I am at everything, I will go down bruised and broken but never let him beat me, pops still has game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JetBoatRich
05-24-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
[b]At what point do you give up the reigns to the young folks?
Never:D do until you can't no more;)

Mandelon
05-24-2004, 05:48 AM
Info, that is very cool. Thanks for sharing. Let those kids know who's dad is #1.!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

diggler
05-24-2004, 07:01 AM
My dad is 63 now. In my entire life, I've never beaten him at a game of "pig" (shooting hoops). I could probably do it now, but we don't play the game anymore. We just shoot for fun. I don't want to destroy the memory of never beating dad. :)

gnarley
05-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey Info,
If you want to try and it's worth it to you, do it as long as you can. But always remember there will be someone better, faster, quicker, smarter and stronger than any of us were when we were in our prime and were the best!
It sounds like it was worth it to you for now, but sometime you will be ready to pass the torch and can be proud that you did what you did and it was the best you could do and no one could touch that for many years. I bet you have those kids respect and for them to see your drive and competitiveness will teach them something valuable that some of their own parents may not have been able to teach them.
Kudos

Tremor Therapy
05-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Unlike my dad....who never lost anything, I'll pass the torch once they are actually better than I am. I remember wrestling with my old man, and just about the time I was ready to flip him, I'd get a split lip, or a bloody nose, or kicked in the groin.....he would win at all costs.
Once they are better than me, I'll just try and coach them to improve even farther.....it will keep me out of their radar!;)

wsuwrhr
05-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Well done boss.
Dammit if I did that in my neighborhood I guarantee the cops would haul me in.
Damn laws, mean neighbors and cops.
Brian
:)

Infomaniac
05-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I don't intend to give up just yet. I have two more gears. ;) ;)
I can hear the neighborhood kid practicing his wheelies right now LOL

HCS
05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Cool wheelies.
When your kids get better than you, you might want to let them
be the champ. One of my best ski partners thought he'd try and
keep up with his kid on a dirt track. He gave to a little too much
on the jumps and went over the bars and broke his neck. After
a life flight ride and six months in the hospital, he's lucky to walk
again. Not that that's going to happen to everyone one. But some
time you got to let them have it.:cool:

StealBlueZ
05-24-2004, 04:59 PM
At what point do you give up the reigns to the young folks?
Never!

Infomaniac
05-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Well it looks like the kid Brice just got some road rash on his butt and the bike did a couple of flips.
He is not hurt but maybe that will intimidate him enough to let the new record ride for a while.

Dribble
05-24-2004, 05:21 PM
In answer to your question:
I gave it up at age 47 when I looped a third gear wheelie in the street on my KTM. I broke my leg in fourteen places. Had a total of four surgeries and now sport two plates and twenty one screws. The wife was more pissed than if she caught me with a high school girl.
Now 16 months later I'm back on the bike, waterskiing and all that stuff. It doesn't hurt that much anymore.
I officially declare that I am no longer the neighborhood bad ass on a dirtbike. I further relinquish all claims to the bad ass throne and pass it on the the next middle aged bonehead that thinks he can still bounce like a 16 year old.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365me-med.jpg
I do however refuse to totaly grow up and had my first ride back last month. It actually went pretty well. I'm just going to ride like the old man that I have come to realize that I am.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365dcp_0309d-med.jpg
I hope this answers your question.

Infomaniac
05-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Dribble - I thought I might drag out at least one story like yours.
That answers my question and I thought about that several times yesterday when winding out third gear.
I can only hope the record stands long enough for the young folks to loose interest or give up like the bicycle wheelie did. .

Mandelon
05-24-2004, 05:30 PM
We are glad the leg is better.....but why do they call you dribble?? :confused: :D Did something else get hurt too? ;)

Dribble
05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
No, the plumbing still works great. It was several weeks after the accident before I was actually able to test it though. There's nothing like a major trauma to put a kink in the old happy time.