PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Thrills

Cheap Thrills
05-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Finally made it to the water .http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127IMAG0020-med.JPG
ran her hard for two days A impeller @ 4300rpm =60ish according to my speedo (not GPS ) no milky oil ! :D
It's the wettest riding tub Ive ever driven I need a Jet-O-vator .
conditions were great Sat. up until noon then the licers came out
what is it with these idiots ? they have 15,000 acres of lake to ride in but they have to ride up against the shore where everybodys moored . any hoo .:rolleyes:
Sat night I was laying across the seat kicked back working on the last of a 12 pack lookin up at the stars . ahhhh, threw my arm over the seat towards the back and SPLASH
:confused: Oh shit Im taking on water and its up to the seat and I'm 200 yards from the nearest shore :eek:
OK it's time to panic . well to make a long story short I made it back to shore and found that the thru hull for the exaust were to blame . so a quick round with the silicone and I was good to go .
it's a damn good thing I didnt go to sleep I might have woken up with my ass in the water and no boat :D
all in all it was a good trip for the first time out .
C.T. :wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127IMAG0018-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127IMAG0010-med.JPG

OGShocker
05-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Lesson for the day boys and girls. Splashing water inside the boat is a bad thing.;)

FMluvswater
05-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Cool you finally got to the water, C.T.! :cool: Glad the lil mishap wasn't serious and easily fixed. :)
Great pics, btw. :)

Cheap Thrills
05-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks FM . It was a good thing I had a paddle too . I fired up the engine to try and power back to shore the bow stood almost strait up and all I could vision was water breaking over the transom and down Ide go and the water was churning inside the boat not being sure if it was comming from the pump or coolant lines I shut it down and paddled back to shore sitting on the bow to keep the back up all under the alkafluence of inkahol :rolleyes: wish I had video of that one :D
I also figured out a name for it . the first day out with it I got a chance to drag a couple of fellas arround on a tube one of em came off the tube so hard his bloomers slid off ! So Ive decided to name her "Bloomer Shucker " :D what do ya think ? :p
C.T. :wink:http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127IMAG0002-med.JPG

FMluvswater
05-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
Thanks FM . It was a good thing I had a paddle too . I fired up the engine to try and power back to shore the bow stood almost strait up and all I could vision was water breaking over the transom and down Ide go and the water was churning inside the boat not being sure if it was comming from the pump or coolant lines I shut it down and paddled back to shore sitting on the bow to keep the back up all under the alkafluence of inkahol :rolleyes: wish I had video of that one :D
I also figured out a name for it . the first day out with it I got a chance to drag a couple of fellas arround on a tube one of em came off the tube so hard his bloomers slid off ! So Ive decided to name her "Bloomer Shucker " :D what do ya think ? :p
LMAO@alkafluence of inkahol! :D I wish you had a video of that too - it would be comical to watch (only cuz I know it worked out okay :) ).
As for the name ... here's a test ... would you feel comfortable yelling the name of your boat across the water? Say at another boater? If so then go for it! If not then fiddle with other words that have a similar meaning. That's what I think. :)

Cheap Thrills
05-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
would you feel comfortable yelling the name of your boat across the water? Say at another boater? If so then go for it! If not then fiddle with other words that have a similar meaning. That's what I think. :)
It wouldnt bother me at all . you should hear some of the things I yell at other boaters . :D But why would I be yelling my boats name across the water unless it's leaving without me ? :p

FMluvswater
05-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
It wouldnt bother me at all . you should hear some of the things I yell at other boaters . :D But why would I be yelling my boats name across the water unless it's leaving without me ? :p
I don't know it was hypothetical! :p :D Maybe the other boater can't read the name and he hollers at you What's the name of your boat? :D Bloomer just sounds a lil odd to me ... I know what it means but it also sounds kinda well floral! :D Like I said doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks it's your boat so go with whatever you are comfortable with. :cool: