Slider
05-24-2004, 09:16 AM
24' MID CABIN OPEN BOW.LAKES,RIVER,AND OCEAN.THAT ABOUT COVERS IT

Slider
05-24-2004, 09:18 AM
The engine package is 496 HO w/extream B1

bigq
05-24-2004, 09:20 AM
I would think the ocean would be a bit much for the 24.

dicudmore
05-24-2004, 09:27 AM
nice nice boat for the $$$
think I'd recommend more time in the lake than the ocean though

GASHGAZER
05-24-2004, 09:27 AM
I was going to buy a Cheetah, but back in the day when they had a sales office in Cucamonga, CA, the sales rep told my wife that they are the Bayliner of Havasu, and you might a get a laugh here and there..... read your own interpretation from there.... I stopped looking at them from that point on. Good price though, compared to what's out there. Not good salesmanship in my opinion.... Before slamming this post, I know nothing about them to have a good opinion about it.

dicudmore
05-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by GASHGAZER
I was going to buy a Cheetah, but back in the day when they had a sales office in Cucamonga, CA, the sales rep told my wife that they are the Bayliner of Havasu, and you might a get a laugh here and there..... read your own interpretation from there.... I stopped looking at them from that point on. Good price though, compared to what's out there. Not good salesmanship in my opinion.... Before slamming this post, I know nothing about them to have a good opinion about it.
ya good salesman there.....
btw when was that? The last CA connection I knew of w/Cheetah was Dory in upland a couple of years ago.
Now he sells Domn8er boats, that are laid up @ the same shop as Cheetah.........
Cheetah is now all factory direct in Havasu...
Bob is very straight up to work with

Slider
05-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Oh no not the Bayliner,Dont know if i can handle that one.Maybe they have moved up a bit since then.THE PRICE CANT BE BEAT.

Slider
05-24-2004, 09:35 AM
The hull quality is what matters.Dont want a soft hull

Waldo
05-24-2004, 09:48 AM
A good friend of mine has had the 24 Mod V w/496 HO, Bravo XR and he sees 75 no problem. He did have an electrical problem in the beginning but it was handled promptly by Bob. I'll post a pic later as my computer keeps crashing when I get into the image center (WTF?).
I like that ride for the money. Get what's good for you and yours....and if the boat is good for your money - that is all that matters.

GASHGAZER
05-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Didn't want to get anyone up in a tizzy....
like I said I have no clue as to how they are built nowadays... IMHO I went with a Warlock, just beacause it was the most solid boat I test rode.... Not the fastest thing, but I can keep the hammer down through any condition, whether going to sandbar, or running to Avalon for a beer. Not saying that Warlock's sales pitches are any better... but hey, it's the boat industry

Ziggy
05-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Funny, I just talked about this..
My experience was: I went in with the ad they alway have running only to be told it was expired and the price was $4k more now....still see the same or similar ads running today nearly a year later.
Now granted, I don't think it was Bob but the toothless guy working on Sunday's I talked with, soooooo ???????? make your own judgement.
I know HDD has had a few and loves them and has good relationship with them. Its probably a matter of liking or not liking the product IMO.

dicudmore
05-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Slider
The hull quality is what matters.Dont want a soft hull
you can come slap the side of my hull if you want to hurt your hand....

Slider
05-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info,I will make my choice this week.BUT KEEP THE INFO FLOWING

OGShocker
05-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Check your PM.

shadow
05-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Cheetah boats:D
despite a few differences in opinion,watching these boards there seems to be quite a few loyal Cheetah fans and even some friends of Cheetah owners that seem to be happy with them.
That goes to say something positive about the product if they offer the boat and price range you are looking for.

hot_diggity_dog
05-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by shadow
Cheetah boats:D
despite a few differences in opinion,watching these boards there seems to be quite a few loyal Cheetah fans and even some friends of Cheetah owners that seem to be happy with them.
That goes to say something positive about the product if they offer the boat and price range you are looking for.
And another good thing is if you like Shadow's Graphics they can duplicate it as they still have the design. ;) :p :p :D
HDD:cool:

OGShocker
05-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
And another good thing is if you like Shadow's Graphics they can duplicate it as they still have the design. ;) :p :p :D
HDD:cool:
OK, That sure put some salt in an old wound.

shadow
05-24-2004, 12:15 PM
That wound won't heal. The stinging just goes away after awhile:wink:

dicudmore
05-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by shadow
That wound won't heal. The stinging just goes away after awhile:wink:
Shadow,
Don't mean to bring up old wounds either, and we've discussed this before.
BUT I was at lake Mohave saturday and saw a boat that had MY graphics copied. Like your copy was, I mean EXACT DUPLICATE of mine, but on a smaller hull.....
what ya gonna do I guess.

GBLASER
05-24-2004, 01:36 PM
What price are you looking for? Not that I'm partial or anything but I love the new Laser 25' It is on the cover of hot boat this month. Haven't read the article yet but I hear it runs real well. If I was using at a lake only I would trade. Base price I think is about 55K.

dicudmore
05-25-2004, 06:31 AM
bump

Sandbar Mike
05-25-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by GBLASER
What price are you looking for? Not that I'm partial or anything but I love the new Laser 25' It is on the cover of hot boat this month. Haven't read the article yet but I hear it runs real well. If I was using at a lake only I would trade. Base price I think is about 55K.
I think you can get a 24 cheetah for around 40K with 496 HO, The 24's performance and price is unbeatable, and they look good.:D
My first boat was a Cheetah 23, We loved it.
Good Luck Slider

THOR
05-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Mike is right. You cant beat the price. The are fast too when compared to other similar sized boats.

beer hunter
05-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by THOR
Mike is right. You cant beat the price. The are fast too when compared to other similar sized boats.
........relative to their prop size of course. ;)

THOR
05-25-2004, 08:50 AM
It is all relative BH, you know that.

Waldo
05-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Mike, I think the 40K w/an HO motor is a little opitmistic.
Two years ago, I priced a 24 Stilleto w/HO and it was $43 + tax. Then to be safe you want to upgrade the drive and add all the little things you want and it will probably drive it up to almost 50K. That's approximately what my buddy paid for his.