PDA

View Full Version : 70 mph advantage classics 20.5

lynn
05-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I bought this boat over the net , was advertised as a 22' citation 1996 model after wiring the money to the guy i picked it up a week later. It was a 1993 20.5 classic very clean , ijust don't like being lied to. any way the boat runs 60 without a place deverter, i ordered one this week how much speed will i pick up will i ever see 70mph with this boat. it has 375 hp inmar 454 with 750 holly and msd ign. box any other ideas would be helpful.

HBjet
05-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Well, that is a nice boat and I like them. The few times I have been in one it had a nice ride. As for how much mph you will get, 70mph is out of the question with just a PD. That is a big, heavy boat with little power. Good Luck!
HBjet

HotHallet
05-24-2004, 03:58 PM
62 to 63 at best! If you want to hit 70 build the pump and throw more power at it. Sounds like a good candidate to leave alone and enjoy.

flat broke
05-24-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you put a true 600hp (below 5800) in that boat you will see 70.
Those hulls respond well to a droop as well. Might want to see if you can try one of Duane at HTPs snoops as well as a droop and see which works better for you situation.
Don't fret about getting the classic. They are a nice hull and the bassis for most of the west coast custom open bow 21'ers running around. My advice, keep the current motor in there, add a nice stereo and the place diverter and enjoy the hell out of it. Then on the side start building a nice motor to push you to whatever speed you like. This way you can enjoy the boat all summer and be building towards your ultimate goal. Then when you are ready to swap motors (during the winter) have the pump setup for a shoe and rideplate, drop in the new motor and haul some arse.
Chris

LOWRIVER2
05-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Bill Scotten put 509's in a couple of those hulls for Advantage customers in the early 90's and they ran 80mph no problem. Some nice pump work was added, no doubt. No replacement for displacement.

Squirtcha?
05-24-2004, 08:42 PM
The guy probably measured it from bow to bucket (included the pump) and didn't bother to read the registration.
Nice looking ride. You're right, it looks very clean.