PDA

View Full Version : Huge Thanks to Toddnjuzz and Superdave!

disco_charger
05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Without you two and my Father, I'd have never gotten my boat out on the water this year. Superdave, I have to thank you for coming through in the clutch on getting me braided line (usually on Sunday, late at night) for cheaper than I could have picked it up anywhere else.
Todd, I can't even tell you how many compliments I got this weekend on your gel coat work. My Dad keeps calling it the new boat, cause that's the way it looks. It really surpassed all my expectations. I will get that scoop mounted soon, it just had to wait with all the little motor issues I ran into. Rerigging a boat is a bitch. Once again, if anyone is looking to do any gel work, Todd is your guy. If he can put up with my shit, your boat should be no problem. :D
This guy loves it!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC01471.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2079DSC01469.JPG

SPECTRABRENT
05-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Since you have that new "pup" there with mama, I would think about a bimni top.
Good Luck,
Brent:D

blown428fe
05-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Your boat is mint! What kind of logs are you running and are you going to keep them on there?

novaguy
05-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Very Nice!! I kinda feel your excitement. My boat was stolen in October of 2002 and I am nearing the end of completion since I got it back. I had to basically start from scratch and all I have left is the engine wiring and I am done.

disco_charger
05-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Brent, I've got the bimini, didn't get it together for the weekend. The pup has got the gear to make his own shade, and we don't do many long runs with him.
Blown, I don't know the brand on the logs, I bought them used. They have a water cooled flange, and look like glenwoods. Hustler may know, I bought them from him. Thanks for the compliments, she ain't much but she's mine :D
Nova, I had big plans to wire my boat, but I let an electrician talk me out of it. I bought a whole wiring set up from L&L Marine in Corona. Best saving of time I made. You draw them a map of what you have where it is and how far away it is, and they and they build you a harness with a map of what goes where. Pretty easy deal. Not very expensive either. I could have done it for cheaper, but that would be saying that my time is worth less than .25 cents an hour.

hd&boatrider
05-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Boat looks very nice Brian.

nielly
05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Have you looked at your log exhaust carefully. Some flanges have a reducer at the ende which made the exhaust ports 2 1/2 sometimes 3". You might have to cut the end off and it will open the exhaust port up to 3" to 3 1/3".
I cut my log exhaust and picked up a few RPMS. I had to get new exhaust tip and drill a bigger whole in the transom but it was worth it.

disco_charger
05-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Neilly the risers are 3 1/2", I ran Bassett TT's last year, but ditched them for the logs. I have 4" Rex Mar tips, that reduce to 3 1/2"s
Thanks Tom. Now that you have the big ride, I'm wondering how much I'm going to see of you down in Needles?

Jordy
05-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by disco_charger
I ran Bassett TT's last year, but ditched them for the logs.
And I appreciate the hell out of that.
Boat is looking good DC. :D

hd&boatrider
05-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks Tom. Now that you have the big ride, I'm wondering how much I'm going to see of you down in Needles?
The other question is when are you guys coming up to BHC? It is sweet up there as I have a slip and all :). PM me when you and the family want to come on up. We can go out on the SW and maybe get Jas and Hustler to come on up also. A Hoover run? Make sure Tanya brings a gf or two :)
The summer is filling up fast as the Hollister and Sturgis Harley runs are coming up quickly along with OP6, the Shockwave Regatta, a Lake Mead trip....damn.....Too many dates scheduled. Let me know some dates that will work for you Needles folks and we will go from there.

Heatseeker
05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Nice! How does it run?
Todd sure does good work! And Dave does have the best deals in town on the AN fittings and line.

Beautiful Noise
05-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Disco,The Boat looks great :D :D

beached 1
05-25-2004, 04:50 AM
That is a sweet lttle ride DC.
nice job

HalletDave
05-25-2004, 05:33 AM
Brian,
That sweet looking ride should turn some heads. ;)
Nice job.:cool:

XClutchboy725
05-25-2004, 05:39 AM
Brian, The boat looks GREAT! When do I get to run into it? :D

shaun
05-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Brian,
How old is the little one? How long as he been riding in the boat?

hack job
05-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Brian the boat looks killer , you did a great job with it. sounds like you had a good weekend. and it went with out a major event. lol.
and good job to dave and todd as well the gel is top knoch and the plumbing looks great!;)

superdave013
05-25-2004, 07:21 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh, what a classic old skool hot rod!
Not only is it supa clean but it's got some history to it. The lil 4-71 is to cool! And the fact that it was Mert Littlefield's personal ride just adds to the cool factor.
Every time I see a cool old jet like that it makes me want one.
Thanks for the biz.

XClutchboy725
05-25-2004, 07:45 AM
That boat was Merts? That's too cool. How's he doing after that little pile up on the Cajon Pass? Anyone know...

Taylorman
05-25-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by XClutchboy725
That boat was Merts? That's too cool. How's he doing after that little pile up on the Cajon Pass? Anyone know...
He raced that day after the accident so i assume he's fine.

XClutchboy725
05-25-2004, 07:55 AM
His trailer and rig looks pretty banged up on the news!
Glad to hear he is O.K.

disco_charger
05-25-2004, 10:44 PM
I talked to Mr. & Mrs. Littlefield about 3 weeks ago, and he seemed fine. I was going to bring it up, but when he starts talking I stand there and try to be a sponge. It's always nice to meet someone you consider a legend and find out that he's a great guy. He seemed pleased that I was cleaning up the boat. His wife seemed to really miss the boat.
Heat, it runs really well. I haven't really had it above 4K yet, but it starts right up, theres no water in the oil, no metal in the oil and sounds good. Just trying to let the rings and valves seat, and the bearings break in. It's not built to be a fast boat, just a reliable little toy. After all, we built the damn thing in the garage.
I think the most important thing we did was paint the block orange, to remind it that it was a Chevy. I think that's worth about 5 mph. I know for a fact that it runs 40mph. I have independent GPS verification of 40mph. :D
Shaun, Matthew is 5 1/2 months old. Last weekend was his first ride in the boat. The blower whine puts him right to sleep. He doesn't seem to mind at all.
Jeff, you remember how nervous I was about letting you use it as a fender before? Think how bad I'll be now as you turn the Southwind toward my boat and scream "Ramming Speed!" Besides Tanja seems to be almost as proud of this boat as she was the Charger. A few of you (who were at OP6C III) know how protective she can be of our boats. Best if you try and not spear this boat again. For your own safety from Tanja, of course. ;)
Hacker, Gerritt and Dave, I thank you! Hacker, by the way, the battery box you made looks great. Thanks again for that.

victorfb
05-25-2004, 11:46 PM
that first pic is awsome. the three loves of your life. way to go man. you must be one happy dude. :D
the boat came out beautiful. great job. and as far as it being just a cruiser, i think your trying to pull the boat cover over our eyes. an 18' jet boat with a blower motor? cmon now. :D

BarryMac
05-26-2004, 05:58 AM
Disco,
Your boat looks sweet, congratulations....
gjb

disco_charger
05-26-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by victorfb
that first pic is awsome. the three loves of your life. way to go man. you must be one happy dude. :D
the boat came out beautiful. great job. and as far as it being just a cruiser, i think your trying to pull the boat cover over our eyes. an 18' jet boat with a blower motor? cmon now. :D
Vic, I swear to you. First off, it's just a 4-71. In this world of really fast guys, it's pathetically slow. Secondly, I have logs on it. If the current fast guys are to be believed, I gave up 100 hp with those alone. There is now way that this boat is as fast as Toddnjuzz's or HBjet's or any of the other guys with fast boats running around here. My rebuild was a necessity thing (bad head gaskets, bent push rods, poorly built carb, weak ignition and a little water in the oil.) I just wanted a boat that I could pull a skier, cruise the 20+ miles to the sandbar, and let my wife drive without worrying about it doing something strange. Mostly this winter was about making it start quicker, and look pretty. Anybody feels the need to race is probably going to laugh at how slow it really is. It's a sheep in wolf's clothing.

hack job
05-26-2004, 07:39 AM
as said before, boat looks great ! its good that tanja is as protective as she is ( iam sure she is a bit more with the motherly instint kicking in ;) ) that way you can relax and she will do all the traffic direction. lol
any how no prob on the battery boxs i was happy to help. :)

rivercrazy
05-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Congrats Brian. I know how much hard work you put into this rig and it really shows. :D

victorfb
05-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Vic, I swear to you. First off, it's just a 4-71. In this world of really fast guys, it's pathetically slow. Secondly, I have logs on it. If the current fast guys are to be believed, I gave up 100 hp with those alone. There is now way that this boat is as fast as Toddnjuzz's or HBjet's or any of the other guys with fast boats running around here. My rebuild was a necessity thing (bad head gaskets, bent push rods, poorly built carb, weak ignition and a little water in the oil.) I just wanted a boat that I could pull a skier, cruise the 20+ miles to the sandbar, and let my wife drive without worrying about it doing something strange. Mostly this winter was about making it start quicker, and look pretty. Anybody feels the need to race is probably going to laugh at how slow it really is. It's a sheep in wolf's clothing.
im just funnin with ya man. i think the boat looks awsome. and i like the fact that its a "ski" boat too. im building an 18' rogers and i did have some higher performance parts to stick into the 502 but opted to stay with the fuel saving, skier friendly stuff. thats the way i am setting this boat up. i cannot afford to compete with these guys anyhow. i am not saying my boat will be slow. but i told jack (MPD) that i am more concerned with pulling skiers and cruiseing, than i am top speed. so thats how he set up the pump. the motor could have been built with more comp, bigger cam with more cam timing, ect, ect ect, but like you, i also like the user friendly ski boat. its even got a bimini on it for goodness sake. :p
i bet you cant wait till the little one straps on the vest, takes a tight grip on the rope handle, and yells " HIT IT DAD" :D

revndave
05-26-2004, 02:38 PM
DISCO BOAT LOOKS GREAT.:)

canuck1
05-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Good lookin ride Disco

HotHallet
06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Disco- The boat looks bitchin'. You really cleaned her up Man! I saw it at Todd's when you had the work getting done and I dropped my boat off for the bilge to get sprayed. He really worked hard on your gel and brought it back bitchin. The upholstery looks great too and so does the motor and I dig the new steering wheel. Now that the boat is looking bad ass its time to do some work on the trailer brother. That thing has to look good out of the water too. Fresh coat of paint, new bunks, lights, wiring, and some stainless or chrome fenders would look killer. Oh and some Cragar SS's. Yeah thats what I am talking about. Seriously the boat looks killer man! I know not everyone is as into tricking out their trailer as me but I have to try! Anyway I hope to get up to needles this year and do some trips with you guys. My next step is a trailer for the river hopefully next season-tired of tenting it. Gonna save all winter and buy something like you did for 2-3K. I will be up in Needles/Topak area June 11-13 staying at a buddy's house in Golden Shores so if you are going to be out there lets hook up and have a beer! I'd like you to see my boat too and give me your thoughts/opinions. I hit 78 mph and haven't played with the ride plate yet! Talk to you soon bro and glad to hear the family is doing well. Once again your boat looks great!!!!!

dmontzsta
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
That looks great.