PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Bikes Suck! (a little graphic)

fourspeednup
05-24-2004, 09:09 PM
My buddy just got a pocket bike last weekend and cruised it over to my pad this afternoon to let me check it out. Within about a minute after my first ride I'd decided that I needed one! After a few passes up and down the street and 5 or 6 burnouts on the slippery garage floor it was getting a little chilly outside so I went back in and put on a long leeve shirt (it was probably about 70 but I've been in Phoenix for the last year so I was freezing my ass off:rolleyes: )
We go back out and I decide to make one more pass around the block before he went back home---bad idea:frown:
Not sure what exactly happened but I ate shit while hauling ass down the hill. Toes still wiggle...check, arms and legs move without wrenching pain...check, no mass gashes in my head...check, road rash...well f&ck:yuk:
The plastics got some deep gauges and cracked in a couple places but it could have been worse. So I pick up the front fender which was lying about 5 ft away, fire the thing up and ride back.
The long sleeve kept the rocks out but didn't do much to prevent the road rash for some reason and there were a bunch of little black chingas in the wounds which I think were pieces of my shirt. Thank god the riverratlife.com jersey made it through OK:D
And the funny part is...I will probably still buy one within the next week or two!
Also, anybody know where I can find some new plastics for a pocket bike?
Check out the damage...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1154Picture_050-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1154Picture_051-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1154Picture_053-med.jpg

OGShocker
05-24-2004, 09:10 PM
I hear salt will help the healing!:D

Sleek-Jet
05-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Dude, make sure you get that thing cleaned out really well. Infections suck. :D I recomend rubbing alcohol. :eek:
I wonder if we'll see a pic of Jordy's gapping leg vagina again.
:confused:

Phat Matt
05-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Yeah, then soak it in lemon juice. It will make it smell fresh. :D

fourspeednup
05-24-2004, 09:19 PM
I did some hardcore scrubbing with hydrogen peroxide and globbed a bunch of neosporin on the bandages I'm sporting now.
PS-That hydrogen peroxide stuff stings like no other once it starts foaming! A few silvers later now and we are doing OK:D

jbtrailerjim
05-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Ouch!!! I'll just stick to water sports.

Mrs. Restless22
05-24-2004, 09:26 PM
:eek:
I dunno about our pocket bike races anymore for OP6 :frown:

fourspeednup
05-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Restless22
:eek:
I dunno about our pocket bike races anymore for OP6 :frown: Don't let this stop you! Those things are fun and I'll race if I own one by then:)
This was entirely due to driver error:rolleyes:

73kona455
05-24-2004, 09:35 PM
damn that hurts to look at...

MagicMtnDan
05-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Those things are so low to the ground you'd think they're almost impossible to fall off of :D

fourspeednup
05-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Those things are so low to the ground you'd think they're almost impossible to fall off of :D You know how some people say they can drive anything with wheels and some things without.....well I can crash anything with wheels and some things without :D

rrrr
05-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Mmmmm, pizza.... :D :D

CrazyHippy
05-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Try http://www.scooterparts4less.com/
Click on the pocketbike up in the right hand corner.
SO are we racing these things @ op6c??
BJH

Laveyman
05-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Nice road rash! I've yet to crash my step-son's pocket bike. Only a matte of time, I'm sure.

Wet Dream
05-25-2004, 06:00 AM
And the white RR shirt is strictly for the photo. :D

Scream
05-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Ouch, when I was a kid, skatboarding had just become re-popular (70's). My little brother and his friend were skatin down a hill when his friend hit a rock. Landed on his chest and actually ground off his nip...Damndest thing I've ever seen. My dad was pickin rocks outa him for hours.

BADBLOWN572
05-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
SO are we racing these things @ op6c??
BJH
YES!!! Drunken pocket bike racing is going to be fun. I do think that I might bring a long sleave shirt though. After a couple of jello shots and quite a few beers, it could get ugly. LETS RACE! :burningm:

JET-O-VATOR
05-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Screw pocket bikes its all about the xr50's ive got two of those things and there fun as hell. You think your invincable on those things because you are so close to the ground. Its bad ass. drunken fifty war the best.....

Ducatista
05-25-2004, 08:39 AM
That is some fine road rash you're sportin' there........ouch! Well you're still smiling..........thats good.

hd&boatrider
05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Shit....Look likes some of the road rash I got when I crashed my Harley....If I am going to get that kind of stuff on me it will defintely be becaause of the Harley not a friggin' pocket bike. My son keeps bugging me for one....NO WAY! He also can crash anything with wheels.........
I hope when all of you get drunk and do your racing noone gets seriously hurt. Maybe it is just me but I would not do it. Competitive juices combined with alcohol is a recipe for someone getting hurt.

dmontzsta
05-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Those little things are cool, my neighbors have a couple, they tried to race me in the car as I was pulling away and I put that little sucker in place. :D
They seem like they go pretty fast when he is maxing it out down the street, funny thing is he is a fat guy. Me and my brother in law get drunk and when he goes up the street we say "Fat guy on a little bike" hahaha. You will know where I got that if you have seen Tommy Boy.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Speaking of Pocket Bikes......... I just found out that my son's father bought my son one of these things!!!!! Now get this, my son is 4 yrs. old!!! I am so upset about this, and his father thinks there is nothing wrong with this. To me this is child endangerment. I called our local police station and they told me it is illegal, but really there is nothing that can be done(until my son crashes, right) Any suggestions on what I can do?? I already called CPS and they told me that because he is not an abusive or neglectful parent their hands are tied.:(

hd&boatrider
05-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ms. AquaBoogie1
Speaking of Pocket Bikes......... I just found out that my son's father bought my son one of these things!!!!! Now get this, my son is 4 yrs. old!!! I am so upset about this, and his father thinks there is nothing wrong with this. To me this is child endangerment. I called our local police station and they told me it is illegal, but really there is nothing that can be done(until my son crashes, right) Any suggestions on what I can do?? I already called CPS and they told me that because he is not an abusive or neglectful parent their hands are tied.:(
Thats messed up MAB....I know the feeling of having no control of the situation at the ex's house. Not fun. I hope your son doesn't hurt himself. I hope he has the sense to make him wear a helmet and the proper protection but somehow I suspect not.

Jordy
05-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
YES!!! Drunken pocket bike racing is going to be fun. I do think that I might bring a long sleave shirt though. After a couple of jello shots and quite a few beers, it could get ugly. LETS RACE! :burningm:
The only problem I see with this is the INVITATIONAL Topless Thong Pocketbike Nationals are being held in Havasu and I think I heard something about you and the crew being in Parker. ;) :D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Thats messed up MAB....I know the feeling of having no control of the situation at the ex's house. Not fun. I hope your son doesn't hurt himself. I hope he has the sense to make him wear a helmet and the proper protection but somehow I suspect not.
Well his argument back to me was that he is wearing a helmet and gear, but that he is being supervised!!!! How the hell can you supervise him?? That thing can go up to 40 MPH.......I just feel like my hands are tied! Pocket bikes are basically a mini motorcycle. I just wish there was something I could do. I don't want to have to wait for something to happen. It could be too late!

hd&boatrider
05-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Well his argument back to me was that he is wearing a helmet and gear, but that he is being supervised!!!! How the hell can you supervise him?? That thing can go up to 40 MPH.......I just feel like my hands are tied! Pocket bikes are basically a mini motorcycle. I just wish there was something I could do. I don't want to have to wait for something to happen. It could be too late!
Maybe he got one of those electric ones that are slower than the gas powered ones?

RiverToysJas
05-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Speaking of Pocket Bikes......... I just found out that my son's father bought my son one of these things!!!!! Now get this, my son is 4 yrs. old!!!
My 4yo likes his....
http://op6c.com/images/fun2/jonny_supperbike.jpg
(I'm kidding, it's actually mine not his!!! :cool: )
RTJas :D

hd&boatrider
05-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Jesus, you called the cops? I certainly don't want to go against the grain here, but I don't really see anything wrong with a 4 year old having one of these things? They aren't that fast.. ??
RD <--- got a mr50 Enduro as my 4th B-Day present
There probably is other things going on here RD that we are not privy to. Just a guess on my part.

hd&boatrider
05-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
My 4yo likes his....
http://op6c.com/images/fun2/jonny_supperbike.jpg
(I'm kidding, it's actually mine not his!!! :cool: )
Little Evil Kenevil (ap?) in the making :)

RiverToysJas
05-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Would you let him ride it though?
RD
Yeah, we're figuring out a way to make training wheels for it. He's just starting to learn a bicycle now.
I've taken him around the block on it, he rides on the gas tank. I've also riden him on 77Charger's XR50. My wife rides them too.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Jesus, you called the cops? I certainly don't want to go against the grain here, but I don't really see anything wrong with a 4 year old having one of these things? They aren't that fast.. ??
RD <--- got a mr50 Enduro as my 4th B-Day present
RiverDave, I called to see what the laws were and to see if there was anything I could do. I did not call the cops on HIM!!! My son just learned how to ride a bike!!! That thing goes 40MPH. I'm sorry, but this is my son's life we're talking about!!!!!!

RiverToysJas
05-25-2004, 09:58 AM
That thing goes 40MPH. I'm sorry, but this is my son's life we're talking about!!!!!!
Out of the box,He'd be lucky to see 30 actually, they say 40, but they are dreamin'.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Out of the box,He'd be lucky to see 30 actually, they say 40, but they are dreamin'.
Okay, even 30, still too fast! Would you let him ride on it by himself??

RiverToysJas
05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Okay, even 30, still too fast! Would you let him ride on it by himself??
Once the training wheels are on we will. He's a good kid, we think he can handle it. We'll put helmet and pads on him though.
You could also install a remote kill switch or govern the throttle if you're really worried.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Once the training wheels are on we will. He's a good kid, we think he can handle it. We'll put helmet and pads on him though.
You could also install a remote kill switch or govern the throttle if you're really worried.
That's a great idea, but see, his dad and I are not together. So will he listen to me? NOPE!!
Thanks for the input though:D

summerlove
05-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
maggots also work in healing the skin. I'd recommend a prescription of those for you. The local pharmacy should be able to help you out. Good luck.
Ouch!:eek!:

fourspeednup
05-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
And the white RR shirt is strictly for the photo. :D Actually I was wearing it when I ate shit, only minor damage on the side just above my left hip.
--Four((one sore mutherf&cker today))speed

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Well thanks for the info, but I can only do so much. ;)

Ms. AquaBoogie1
05-25-2004, 11:33 AM
As far as what?
RD
I can only ask that his father do these things, can't force him to. And if I was to get it, he would just laugh at me. That's the type of mentality his dad has.

Jrocket
05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
RiverDave, I called to see what the laws were and to see if there was anything I could do. I did not call the cops on HIM!!! My son just learned how to ride a bike!!! That thing goes 40MPH. I'm sorry, but this is my son's life we're talking about!!!!!!
Do you really think that DAD would put junior on the bike,slap him on the back and let him go at it?I doubt he would.It is his son also right!

Tom Brown
05-25-2004, 01:09 PM
That's odd. Mine does 42. I weight 125 lbs. How much do you weigh? :confused:

stoker
05-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
That's odd. Mine does 42. I weight 125 lbs. How much do you weigh? :confused:
Is that KPH or MPH?

Liberator TJ1984
05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
I feel your pain:)
I bought my boy a Yamaha PW50 this week-end...he rode it all day and never fell down:rolleyes:
Me on the other hand wiped out after about 2 minutes and a 12 pack:D major rash to the right knee cap:D

Tom Brown
05-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by stoker
Is that KPH or MPH?
Miles per hour, of course. You know, the units endorsed by the Bible. :cool:

Tom Brown
05-25-2004, 01:50 PM
125?? You talking about how many bran muffins you eat a week?
RD
I figured you'd blow the whistle on me, Dave. :D
Next thing you're going to tell him is that I've never ridden a pocket bike in my life.

FMluvswater
05-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by 73kona455
damn that hurts to look at...
What he said :( Speedy healing sweetie.

CA Stu
05-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I didn't think they even had pockets in Canada yet :confused:
Cheers
CA Stu

Tom Brown
05-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Oh yes. We have pockets of separatism, communism, and arrogant French pricks.

Jbb
05-25-2004, 02:57 PM
And Pockets of Canatard Militia Resistance Fighters.....CMRF...:)

77charger
05-25-2004, 03:08 PM
whipped caliber loves the xr 50s he is a wheelie king:D

repo man
05-25-2004, 04:27 PM
get over it ,i bet you've ben waiting for a reason to make his life hell and thought this was the perfect opritunity to do so. just go t p his house or call the irs on him. just please leave the kid out of it . millions of kids ride motorcycles and live through it, so will yours.