PDA

View Full Version : Jello Shots

RiverKitty
05-25-2004, 11:12 PM
Sad but true, I usually eat them....but have never made them...so....
First off, where do you buy the little cups with the lids for the Jello Shots, and secondly, how do you make them???

Salty Cracker
05-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Smart and Final for the cups 1oz plastic...
You make just like jello (your favorite flavor) with 1/2 booze and 1/2 water.
Check on Kwicherbichens for different flavor combinations!!!

Tom Brown
05-25-2004, 11:29 PM
Where they say cold water, they really mean hooch.
How is regular sex working for you, RK?

RiverKitty
05-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Salty Cracker
Smart and Final for the cups 1oz plastic...
You make just like jello (your favorite flavor) with 1/2 booze and 1/2 water.
Check on Kwicherbichens for different flavor combinations!!!
Cool! Thanks for the advice! I'll have to go check it out. :D

RiverKitty
05-26-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Where they say cold water, they really mean hooch.
How is regular sex working for you, RK?
What kind of Hooch? Any particular kind that works best?
As for the steady sex....well let's just say Mr. Showerhead is feeling pretty neglected lately!!! LMAO!!! :D

DeltaSigBoater
05-26-2004, 01:23 AM
I've been known to make jello shots from time to time, & VODKA works best, some advice dont go cheap on the vodka.
Here's how I make jello shots
Follow Jell-O Jigglers' instructions, using more booze & less water,
let firm in 9"x13" pan, after firm cut into cubes & place in little plastic cups.
This way it's more like taking a shot vs. screwing around w/ that plastic cup trying to get the jello out leaving perfectly good jelloed-alcohol residue in the cup only to be thrown away

Tom Brown
05-26-2004, 01:44 AM
We always used Southern Comfort. I've never tried vodka but I have no doubt it would be a good choice.
I've never made it in small cups. I just mix it up in one bowl. Of course, I was pretty goal oriented back in my electric Jello days. :D
It's been a while. :cool:

Mr.Havasu
05-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
I've been known to make jello shots from time to time, & VODKA works best, some advice dont go cheap on the vodka.
Here's how I make jello shots
Follow Jell-O Jigglers' instructions, using more booze & less water,
let firm in 9"x13" pan, after firm cut into cubes & place in little plastic cups.
This way it's more like taking a shot vs. screwing around w/ that plastic cup trying to get the jello out leaving perfectly good jelloed-alcohol residue in the cup only to be thrown away
I'll second that! Don't use rot gut volka. The better the volka the easier it is to swallow. I got some cool recipes off of:
www.kwicherbichens.com/drink_apr_03.htm
at least that's what printed at the bottom of the page I still refer to everytime I'm making jello shots.
Try these different combos
Margarita Jello shots- Lime Jello and tequilla
Screwdriver Jello shots-Orange jello and volka
Daiquiri jello shots- Strawberry jello and rum
Pina colada jello shot- pineapple jello and coconut rum
Kamikaze Jello shots- lime jello, triple sec and volka
Watermellon- 2 large watermellon jello, 1 pack of unflavor knox, 3 cups vodka, 1 cup madori
Have fun:cool:

Jordy
05-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Only sissys use vodka. Go with the Everclear and get more bang for your buck. :D :D :D

Scream
05-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Only sissys use vodka. Go with the Everclear and get more bang for your buck. :D :D :D
and if you don't eat them you could always use them to replace the sterno on the buffet line the next morning. lol

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
We always used Southern Comfort. I've never tried vodka but I have no doubt it would be a good choice.
I've never made it in small cups. I just mix it up in one bowl. Of course, I was pretty goal oriented back in my electric Jello days. :D
It's been a while. :cool:
or
Electric Kool Aid
LOL;)

Jordy
05-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Scream
and if you don't eat them you could always use them to replace the sterno on the buffet line the next morning. lol
I suppose, but then again, we've never had that happen... :D

SILVERWING
05-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
First off, where do you buy the little cups with the lids for the Jello Shots, and secondly, how do you make them???
CAN USE THE 2OZ CUP FROM SMART AND THEY HAVE BULK JELL-O INSTEAD OF THE BOX STUFF MUCH CHEAPER. IN A 2OZ CUP YOU CAN SET 11/3 OZ OF BOOZE TO SET REALLY GOOD MAKES FOR A GOOD SHOT. YOU ALSO CAN SET UP 195 PROOF (EVERCLEAR) BUT ONLY MAKE IT WITH 10Z AS THIS IS VERY STRONG. YOU ALSO CAN INJECT ORANGES ALSO VERY GOOD ON A HOT DAY :D I'VE USED GREY AND CHEAP STUFF CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE

Cheap Thrills
05-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Ahhhh the smell of napalm in the morning :D
C.T. :wink:

RiverKitty
05-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I think that's what they used at the Bronco Tail Gate Parties and I must say....by the time we got off the light rail to the stadium....I was already copping a pretty good buzz!!! I think it was 195 proof. Of course they say your not allowed to drink on the light rail....but they never said anything about Jello Shots!!! :D :p
Thanks for all the great ideas!!! :D

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I want to make jello shots!!!;)

Mr. Showerhead
05-26-2004, 03:44 PM
I've been on a jello bender since RiverKitty met the soft, fleshy cleaning nozzle.

topless
05-26-2004, 03:47 PM
For a minute there I thought RK invited her new man to the boards..............the beginning of a new stalker.

Mr. Showerhead
05-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Nope. Old stalker.

RiverKitty
05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Sheeesh Mr. Showerhead!!!
I told you we were over since I have a "real man" now!!!!
What's the matter? Having Kitty withdrawls??? :devil: LMAO!!! :D

Kokopelli
05-26-2004, 07:08 PM
OK, maybe this is a stupid question. Is there a way to keep them from melting fast? Freeze them the night before? Just keep them in the ice chest?

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Kokopelli
OK, maybe this is a stupid question. Is there a way to keep them from melting fast? Freeze them the night before? Just keep them in the ice chest?
They melt?
I am going to try to make some tomarrow....a practice batch...
:D

Dr. Eagle
05-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
They melt?
I am going to try to make some tomarrow....a practice batch...
Sampling them as you go no doubt!!!!!!:p

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 08:00 PM
yes, I'm thinking that would be the FUN part.....:D

Dr. Eagle
05-26-2004, 08:01 PM
yes, I'm thinking that would be the FUN part.....:D
DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you have a point!!!!!!!!!
LOL..........:D

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you have a point!!!!!!!!!
LOL..........:D
Damm it!
I have violated all of the Post w h o r e 's regulations. I am on topic and brief and ok, good I was sarcastic, and I am telling you every little thing about my life, so that is ok, whew, that was close. I still say if we aren't getting paid we aren't w h o r e s.
:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
05-26-2004, 08:10 PM
if we aren't getting paid we aren't w h o r e s.
:rolleyes:
I think we are, just particularly CHEAP ones....... LOL.......;)

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Flaw in your argument....If we are receiving no compensation for our posting efforts, then we are not w h o r e s, but the other word is worse I am afraid, s l u t s . How about free love posters!;)

Dr. Eagle
05-26-2004, 08:18 PM
How about free love posters!;)
With open minds, mouths and legs.........?

Debbolas
05-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Laptop Lovers
Hot keyboard action!!!
Posting till they can post no more!!!
Deep Posters!!!
Call now to listen to the keys, go clacketly clacketly clack
no one can resisit their wicked wenchly ways with the wideband
:D :eek!: :cool: :rolleyes: :p :) :idea:

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 05:55 PM
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FMluvswaterbabe/bump.gif

checkster
06-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Okay! Okay! Okay! Back to the Jello shots. I had to go to one of those business bullsh......t meetings so I missed most of the good stuff. But thanks for the ideas. I used Vodka........made about 200 little 2oz cups from S & F. I started with only 1/4 cup of yummy, but by the time we finished it was an easy 1:1 ratio.

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Did you pour into the little cups, or into a casserole dish and then cut into bite size cubes?
Debbolas<-------------Wondering about the Jello http://images.dmusic.com/v7/emoticons/cowgirl.gifShots

checkster
06-25-2004, 08:52 PM
I poured them into the little 2 oz cups and put little clear lids on them so we know (like it matters) what flavor we got. Lots of tongue action though.

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 08:58 PM
LOL:D

checkster
06-25-2004, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverKitty
[B]I think that's what they used at the Bronco Tail Gate Parties and I must say....by the time we got off the light rail to the stadium....I was already copping a pretty good buzz!!! I think it was 195 proof. Of course they say your not allowed to drink on the light rail....but they never said anything about Jello Shots!!! :D :p
In college my buddies would make the jello shots and we would take them into Mile High for the games.....If there were any left after the tailgating.......Can't remember much...but I think it was the time of my life.

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by checkster
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverKitty
[B]I think that's what they used at the Bronco Tail Gate Parties and I must say....by the time we got off the light rail to the stadium....I was already copping a pretty good buzz!!! I think it was 195 proof. Of course they say your not allowed to drink on the light rail....but they never said anything about Jello Shots!!! :D :p
In college my buddies would make the jello shots and we would take them into Mile High for the games.....If there were any left after the tailgating.......Can't remember much...but I think it was the time of my life.
Like this!http://images.dmusic.com/v7/emoticons/cowgirl.gif

checkster
06-25-2004, 09:11 PM
YES!!!!!

Debbolas
06-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Okay! Okay! Okay! Back to the Jello shots. I had to go to one of those business bullsh......t meetings so I missed most of the good stuff. But thanks for the ideas. I used Vodka........made about 200 little 2oz cups from S & F. I started with only 1/4 cup of yummy, but by the time we finished it was an easy 1:1 ratio.
or like this............:D

checkster
06-25-2004, 10:10 PM
no......

STV_Keith
06-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SILVERWING
CAN USE THE 2OZ CUP FROM SMART AND FINAL
That's what you want...the 2oz cups. 200 cups per bag, and 100 lids, so don't get the same number of bags of each! :)
I used to substitute 1-1/2 cups of vodka for that much of the cold water, but it was expensive. The 195 proof everclear is cheaper, as you don't use as much.

checkster
06-27-2004, 12:59 PM
tried everclear, tequila and rum for todays adventures......the teq definitly with the lime and the other two were good with just about all the berry flavors.

Miss Perfect
09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
:D I like jello shots

Throttle
09-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Do those jello shots get done in the flavor of JACK?

Miss Perfect
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Do those jello shots get done in the flavor of JACK?
Ewwww no, and no everclear either. Those will kill you! :hammer2:

Throttle
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
tried everclear, tequila and rum for todays adventures......the teq definitly with the lime and the other two were good with just about all the berry flavors.
I got me in some trouble last time I did the cherries and everclear... Oh but everyone loved them! huh? :D

Throttle
09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
darn, you got my number real good!

Miss Perfect
09-01-2005, 09:07 PM
darn, you got my number real good!
Hahaha... I knew everclear was coming next! :wink: You can keep that stuff to yourself!

Throttle
09-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Hahaha... I knew everclear was coming next! :wink: You can keep that stuff to yourself!
I got somethin you would like!

Throttle
09-01-2005, 09:18 PM
nice bump kiddo, thanx

Miss Perfect
09-01-2005, 09:19 PM
nice bump kiddo, thanx
You're welcome!

INSman
09-01-2005, 10:28 PM
The wifey makes the best I have ever had, and she substitutes the liquid by half and replaces with whatever alcohol works best with whatever particular jello we are using and the total liquid amount is cut back a bit, I think to 1 1/2 cups where it may say 2 cups total or down to 3 where it may say 4.
I think the trick is to make them NOT taste like an alcohol bomb, so we use pretty flavorful watermelon and sour apple liquors, pineapple rum and such and not quite as much on the heavier tequila and vodka stuff.
Every now and then, you can find "Special Edition" Pina Colada or Margarita Jello at the supermarket that really produces spectacular results, other than that, pineapple jello with coconut rum and a slight topper of Meyers is the best we have ever made.

Focker
09-02-2005, 06:19 AM
The wifey makes the best I have ever had, and she substitutes the liquid by half and replaces with whatever alcohol works best with whatever particular jello we are using and the total liquid amount is cut back a bit, I think to 1 1/2 cups where it may say 2 cups total or down to 3 where it may say 4.
I think the trick is to make them NOT taste like an alcohol bomb, so we use pretty flavorful watermelon and sour apple liquors, pineapple rum and such and not quite as much on the heavier tequila and vodka stuff.
Every now and then, you can find "Special Edition" Pina Colada or Margarita Jello at the supermarket that really produces spectacular results, other than that, pineapple jello with coconut rum and a slight topper of Meyers is the best we have ever made.
ill have to agree with ya. your wifey makes the best :hammerhea

Rockdog
09-02-2005, 07:08 AM
The new flavored Malibu rums make pretty good jello shots as well. Get a good tropical flavor that way.

Debbolas
09-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Anyone else have a hard time eating jello shots? :idea:
(or is it just me) :D

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 07:13 AM
ok, i will offer my services to taste them all and let everyone know whos got the best, i know im a trooper, but i do it all for those who cant :eat: :2purples: :D :D

INSman
09-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Anyone else have a hard time eating jello shots? :idea:
(or is it just me) :D
Just insert finger in outer edge, one swirl around to loosen the contents and suck away !!! C'mon now :D

Cole Trickle
09-02-2005, 07:38 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2491083105_211048.JPG
200 down and another 200 to go tonight.
I make 3 different levels tasty,strong and Damm!!!! :hammer2:

Debbolas
09-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Just insert finger in outer edge, once swirl around to loosen the contents and suck away !!! C'mon now :D
I had to go into my cuddy cabin to eat mine at the Dam Run, :redface:
You almost have to perform a "sexual act" on the cup, just to get the jello out !!!!!!!!!! :D
(or is that the point?) :jawdrop:

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 07:44 AM
ok, that frig looks hell a good :eek:

INSman
09-02-2005, 07:59 AM
I had to go into my cuddy cabin to eat mine at the Dam Run, :redface:
You almost have to perform a "sexual act" on the cup, just to get the jello out !!!!!!!!!! :D
(or is that the point?) :jawdrop:
Whatever is best for you and the hubby :supp: :D

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 08:21 AM
honestly, i've never had a jello shot, are they really that good? :confused:

Cole Trickle
09-02-2005, 08:25 AM
If you like jello and getting Fuc*ed up they would be your best friend.
They go down really easy but you still need to be carefull because it tastes good ad catches up with you really quick. :messedup:

Debbolas
09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
yes
long as you don't choke on them
Caution: always kindly ask the distributer the base liquor used in the jello shots, some folk like vodka, some like everclear ;)

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 08:27 AM
ohhhhhh yeahh im in, im taking notes and i will be making some this weekend.thats what i love about these boards :D

Miss Perfect
09-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Yes, they are really that good. :D

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
please please please tell me they sneek up on you :D

Partycattin
09-02-2005, 08:42 AM
The Firehouse Bar in Havasu uses Syringes (I think the tip is cut to let the jello come out quicker). There big jello shots but much easier to shoot than the little plastic cups. The syringes can be washed and reused at your next outing.
http://www.chinworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CW&Product_Code=CW070007
If interested, call the Firehouse Bar and find out where they buy them.
Firehouse Bar (928) 505-5224 66 Capri Blvd

Miss Perfect
09-02-2005, 08:42 AM
please please please tell me they sneek up on you :D
Yes they do, but I'm staying away from the green ones. Redneck already warned me what they do to you! :D

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 08:46 AM
just put my order in for green and yello and red, ohhhhhhhhhh man this is gonna be good. :D :D im no chef so im gettin the easy stuff to make.. :hammer2:

Mrs.charitycase
09-02-2005, 08:50 AM
I want to say something but all I can do is http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/drool.gifLOL!!! LMAO

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 08:57 AM
mrs cc, i wanna steal your little slobber guy for my avi, how in the heck do i do that????? :confused:

cxr133
09-02-2005, 10:40 AM
BUMP:
just for those last minute peeps wanted to make shooters :D

cxr133
09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
for last minute cookers:
http://www.oz.net/~angiebb/fun/jello.htm

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 11:51 AM
ok, mrs cc i didnt have to steal your slobber guy, my avi says it all :D
thanks to mp