PDA

View Full Version : What should a new Pickup Cost?

Mandelon
05-26-2004, 04:52 AM
Chevy or GMC 3500 SRW 4x4 CC D/A Longbox? Some options but not all..
I need to chat again with Photglou but haven't seen him online lately.
They say they don't have any 2004's and its too late to order one so it will have to be a 2005, won't arrive until August :mad: Local dealer tells me the invoice for the Sierra SLE is $39700 plus $500 over, plus tax and license and whatever fees.
Probably take the 0% financing over the discount.
Any input?

Jordy
05-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Why not look around and find a gently used one on something like trucktraderonline.com. That's how I got mine. Paid wholesale on a truck that was less than a year old with 13K miles on it. Let someone else take the kick in the junk on taxes and depreciation. :D

Lightning
05-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Mandelon,
Did you ever talk to Armen at Diamond-Motors?

Magic34
05-26-2004, 11:24 AM
I looked in to the 3500 dually when I bought my 2500HD (2004). Both Duramax LT's. The 2500 HD was actually $300 more than the 3500 dually.
Invoice on both vehicles with the LT package was about $42k

Mandelon
05-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Lightning
Mandelon,
Did you ever talk to Armen at Diamond-Motors?
I haven't yet. But I plan too. I wanted to do some research so I can compare what is out there.

cc322
05-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Are you sure you want a gm if your brand loyal ok, but imo Fords look way better, and I think the ford dealers make a better deal, they are more willing to sell the volume to keep that #1 f-series braggin rights going.

riverbound
05-26-2004, 05:09 PM
I have always owned Fords and shopped around before talking to Jay (photoglou) his price blew away anyone elses price by thousands, He is aslo very cool to deal with. This die hard ford man now owns a tahoe. I didnt completely give up on Fords though I still have my Ford powered boat and my Ford super duty.

77charger
05-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Why not look around and find a gently used one on something like trucktraderonline.com. That's how I got mine. Paid wholesale on a truck that was less than a year old with 13K miles on it. Let someone else take the kick in the junk on taxes and depreciation. :D jordy problem here in ca is that some think their truck is worth just as much as a new truck at the dealer(something to do with a lift kit that increases the value by 10k) even though the odometer says 55k.I ended up buying new for not much more plus i got 2.9% and full warranty with only 8 miles on the truck.
Mandelon talk to partycat he bought a dually last year D/A combo.

Mandelon
05-26-2004, 07:51 PM
I've had a couple of F series in a row and frankly the F-350 I looked at was a little plain jane inside and is louder than the Duramax by quite a bit.
We are not all that brand loyal here....Suburban, F-250 and a Jeep in the driveway.....

Flying Tiger
05-27-2004, 04:32 AM
Some builders are offering up to $5000 in buyer incentives. GMC/Chevy is in their ads,, and I think Dodge as well.
Last I looked at the Nissan Titan, it had a $3000 rebate, and in addition, the dealer was very soft on price.
I think it could be had for $5k off sticker.
Nice trucks.

lovemyultra
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
The people next door just bought a new 2500 HD CC Duramax last night for 45000 I just drove it and being a Ford guy I must say that truck is a bad MOFO

Mandelon
05-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Was that $$ Out the door?

Raskal
06-05-2004, 09:46 PM
my buddy at work went to a gmc last weekend and offerd $42.5 cash for there cc 4x d max an they said no. the sticker was $46, and they said they would get it

Mandelon
06-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Done deal. Thanks for the help. I love this place.
I picked up a loaded black Silverado Dmax for $38K and change, $43K out the door with a lojack to be added later....
Nothing like going 80mph up hills towing....Wow!
Now for wheels and tires....

JetBoatRich
06-08-2004, 03:31 AM
Rich, congratulations on the new truck:D you will be very happy when you can continue to pull up hills,picking up speed:D

Danhercules
06-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Congrats on the truck. We have 3k on ours now. I towed the 32' 5thwheel and the 18' jet behind that, and was doing 60 MPH at the top of sharaco summit after a big rig got out of the way doing 35 up most of it. This truck pulles hard. I cannot wait to get som mods done to it. They are not out yet. Nother 2 months or so.

mtndewdrops
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Done deal. Thanks for the help. I love this place.
I picked up a loaded black Silverado Dmax for $38K and change, $43K out the door with a lojack to be added later....
Nothing like going 80mph up hills towing....Wow!
Now for wheels and tires....
Congrats on staying with the BowTie crowd. :) I have 2 friends and 1 neighbor that are having MAJOR problems with their BLUE OVALS... All are the diesel rigs.
One friend had his grenade on the way back from the desert and they had to replace the motor. A month without his truck and they didn't even offer a loaner car... WTF. What happened to customer service???BTW this was at El Cajon Ford.

Mandelon
06-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Congrats on the truck. We have 3k on ours now. I towed the 32' 5thwheel and the 18' jet behind that, and was doing 60 MPH at the top of sharaco summit after a big rig got out of the way doing 35 up most of it. This truck pulles hard. I cannot wait to get som mods done to it. They are not out yet. Nother 2 months or so.
I saw your posts on a Chevy site. LOL there you were with your Chevy collection posted......

Ziggy
06-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
Congrats on staying with the BowTie crowd. :) I have 2 friends and 1 neighbor that are having MAJOR problems with their BLUE OVALS... All are the diesel rigs.
One friend had his grenade on the way back from the desert and they had to replace the motor. A month without his truck and they didn't even offer a loaner car... WTF. What happened to customer service???BTW this was at El Cajon Ford.
Wasn't me:D My Blue Oval has been purrrrrrrfect so far, Still can't beat the 7.3PSD......you must talking about some of your other friends that can't drive right:yuk: :yuk: :D
Seems to me you had the LEMON Cheby:D :D

Danhercules
06-11-2004, 07:33 AM
I saw your posts on a Chevy site. LOL there you were with your Chevy collection posted......
Yup, I gots all them Chevys and a BBF in my boat! LOL Anyway, I love this new D-max, it pulls great. I am glad you started this thread, cause, I am lookin at bigger tires, and know I know how big to go.
PS, Mine gots a sunroof!! Its killer!!!

mtndewdrops
06-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Wasn't me:D My Blue Oval has been purrrrrrrfect so far, Still can't beat the 7.3PSD......you must talking about some of your other friends that can't drive right:yuk: :yuk: :D
Seems to me you had the LEMON Cheby:D :D
Right, Wasn't you, it was a friend at work and my wife's bro-in-law and he has the new FX4 with the 7.3.
Yeah, I got a lemon, but FORD has a Lemon Law Hotline also. Hey, What about your last F250 Tranny going out before 50K miles....;) your loyal also.
Just ribbing you dude...

Krumbsnatcher
06-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Chevy or GMC 3500 SRW 4x4 CC D/A Longbox? Some options but not all..
I need to chat again with Photglou but haven't seen him online lately.
They say they don't have any 2004's and its too late to order one so it will have to be a 2005, won't arrive until August :mad: Local dealer tells me the invoice for the Sierra SLE is $39700 plus $500 over, plus tax and license and whatever fees.
Probably take the 0% financing over the discount.
Any input?
I got a quote for a brand new 2004 SLT Duramax Loaded for 39,500.

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 01:18 PM
It depends on so much.