PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a blower for...?

jetdrive
07-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Does anybody out there make a blower for the carbureted chevy 4.3 V6?
Thanx in advance...

HolyMoly
07-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Holley (used to be B&M). I think you can find it at www.holley.com (http://www.holley.com)

jetdrive
07-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanx for the note, but I looked everywhere on their site and no sign of any blowers/superchargers for the carbureted 4.3 V6. Any other ideas?

Infomaniac
07-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by jetdrive:
Thanx for the note, but I looked everywhere on their site and no sign of any blowers/superchargers for the carbureted 4.3 V6. Any other ideas?
B&M made one that bolted to any 4 barrel manifold. Call them.

dorC
07-18-2002, 07:25 AM
Whipple makes one that bolts onto a standard carb flange. The only thing that would have to be shook out is the drive. I'm sure he can help with the parts.

dorC
07-18-2002, 07:27 AM
B&M made one that bolted to any 4 barrel manifold. Call them.[/QB][/QUOTE]
B&M no longer supports their old blowers and will be of no help. You'll have to contact Holly, but they're only interested in selling the blowers. They don't know anything about them.

fat rat
07-18-2002, 03:17 PM
jetdrive:
Does anybody out there make a blower for the carbureted chevy 4.3 V6?
Thanx in advance...That funny i just posted something about this on the 7.4 blower thread, I'd like to do a small blower on my 4.3 in my truck.....what are your plans?

Scarab Jet
07-19-2002, 10:01 AM
Hey Fat Rat,
Believe it or not, I am doing this for my boat! I've got a 4.3 V6 (2bbl) in my 18 footer and sure could use more power (aside from puttin' a 4bbl on it). I checked with Vortec and Powerdyne who seem to be the only ones out there making blowers for this motor and they both only make them for the late model 4.3's (96-2000), i.e., fuel injected with vortec heads. Mine is a '91 Mercruiser with the non-vortec head.
At this point, I'll even take a turbocharger if anybody makes one...
Now... before you say it, yes I know I might as well drop a 350 in it, trust me, I would love to but don't have that extra 4-5 inches for a 350 so I guess I am stuck with the 4.3.

fat rat
07-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Scarab Jet:
Hey Fat Rat,
Believe it or not, I am doing this for my boat! I've got a 4.3 V6 (2bbl) in my 18 footer and sure could use more power (aside from puttin' a 4bbl on it). I checked with Vortec and Powerdyne who seem to be the only ones out there making blowers for this motor and they both only make them for the late model 4.3's (96-2000), i.e., fuel injected with vortec heads. Mine is a '91 Mercruiser with the non-vortec head.
At this point, I'll even take a turbocharger if anybody makes one...
Now... before you say it, yes I know I might as well drop a 350 in it, trust me, I would love to but don't have that extra 4-5 inches for a 350 so I guess I am stuck with the 4.3.The didn't make an 18' Scarab with a small block?
:confused:

Scarab Jet
07-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Nope... not this one, this was a special case. There are only nine of these boats with jets in them made especially (by the guy who owns the name, "SCARAB" for the Universal Studios to do the Miami Vice show.
That's why I bought, becuase it is great family boat (deep V), yet it is jet drive which is (for me) the only way to boat.

fat rat
07-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Scarab Jet:
Nope... not this one, this was a special case. There are only nine of these boats with jets in them made especially (by the guy who owns the name, "SCARAB" for the Universal Studios to do the Miami Vice show.
That's why I bought, becuase it is great family boat (deep V), yet it is jet drive which is (for me) the only way to boat.I've seen these boats perform at Epcot Center Fl. years ago and they really ran good. How about this, GM built a Blazer S-10 in the early 90's, I'm not sure if it had a turbo or a supercharger.....but the truck really ran good, maybe check the local salvage yards for a wrecked one. Just a thought.

fat rat
07-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Scarab Jet:
That's why I bought, becuase it is great family boat (deep V), yet it is jet drive which is (for me) the only way to boat.I've seen these boats perform at Epcot Center Fl. years ago and they really ran good. How about this, GM built a Blazer S-10, they called it a Cyclone and GMC built one also but don't recall the name in the early 90's, I'm not sure if it had a turbo or a supercharger.....but the truck really performed, maybe check the local salvage yards for a wrecked one. Just a thought.

Stupid Fast
07-22-2002, 02:01 PM
If you Find any info post it. I am watching. I wondered if something for a 350 could be modified.
Eric

Scarab Jet
07-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Thanx again, Fat Rat. But here is the problem: the 4.3 that was offered in the early 90's had throttle body fuel injection on it. As you know, marine engines have always been behind in technology to their auto counter parts.
So, if you bought a boat with Mercruiser 4.3 in it, even up until 94 or so, you would still get the carburetor version, vs. starting in (I believe '89) all the 4.3's in GM trucks and vans only came with fuel injection.
So.... I guess I am out of luck, but I tell you guys, somebody is missing out on a big market. There are literally thousand and thousands of guys with 4.3 V6's in their boats that are dying to get more power w/o having to go to v8 like 350.
Maybe I should start a business just making blowers for the carburated 4.3's, hmmmmm....
MIke...

fat rat
07-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Nothing is a problem.........why not get a set of Vortec heads and BTW my 87 R-10 is throttle body, so there should be a ton of heads out there. Don't give up.

SuperWrench0166
07-23-2002, 04:01 PM
http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/index.html