PDA

View Full Version : Ingrate!!

Scream
05-26-2004, 10:32 AM
My families business is 80 this year. We're pretty happy with that and we have some cool delios set up.
So far we took a couple hundred peeps to Santa Anita for a day at the races, got a race named for our company, got to go to the winners circle for a photo op w/ the winning horse, jockey and owners. Cool, almost every guest came up and thanked us personnaly and want to do it agian.
Had our yearly part for our national sales reps. BBQ in the back yard of my brothers house. Get em liquored up, and forbid talkin shop while at the party, just have fun. Every one came up and thanked us for doing business with them and keeping them in the family...
Many instances like this...
Couple of weeks ago, we sponsored a cooking competition at a jr. College in LA, open to culinary students everywhere, and we had simple rules. 1. must use one of our Chickens for the main course. 2. Provide you own starch and vege. 3. 1.5 hours max prep and cook time for all students. easy. 20 students signed up from all over So Cal. We had a great time and ate some of the best dishes I've ever had w/ chicken. Gave out prizes $1000 first prize, $500 second and $250 Third. Every contestant got a nice gift bag with all kinds of stuff in it, like you get at a golf tourney...
Get a letter today from one of the contestants. She said thanks, but we really blew it in her opinion (she didn't win). Went on to say that she had a list of wrongs to right the next time or we may be facing a lawsuit. WTF??? Try to do something nice to promote your business and give back to the community, and we get this horseshit.
I'm writing back to her thanking her for helping us make up our mind about the next competition. NOPE, thanks bitch.
Scream <---wonderin why some people were born

91nordic29
05-26-2004, 10:35 AM
for the love of pete! what was on her "list"?:mad:

jetboater5
05-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I also own my own bussiness 13yrs now . It seems the more you do for people the worse they get. You can never satisfy everbody all the time. This is just another fine example of how the next generation appreciate's things that are trying to be done to help them out in the future.

Lady Rat Attack 1
05-26-2004, 10:43 AM
:mad: Some people just need to mind their own business. So many people are "SUE HAPPY" these days it ruins it for those who give back such as your company. Keep up the good work. I know I would have.:cool:

Dave C
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Now this begs the question. what, in her opinion, was wrong with your contest?

Ultra5150
05-26-2004, 10:52 AM
After years of trying to help people out I have learned that
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED
Try not to let one idiot ruin the good things you have done or plan to do for other people.

RandyH
05-26-2004, 10:53 AM
When I get these here at the company I respond with a polite letter and for all future correspondence to please direct it to my attorney and include that address and carbon copy the attorney.
Its worked everytime.
RandyH

Ntwotrance
05-26-2004, 10:53 AM
damn, don't let it get you down.

Scream
05-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
for the love of pete! what was on her "list"?:mad:
Well I was one of the official judges and I remember her quite well.
here's her gripe list.
Every contestant needs to be aware of commencement time. No shit. Thats why everyone got a schedule.
Every contestant who enrolled on time needs to be informed of a change in the entrant deadline. Why do you care, you already signed up.
Contest rules need to be explicit. How's this for explicit. Shut the hell up you biatch.
Then she goes on to say that we should have gotten a release for the recepies we kept. Read the fine print of the application you dipwad. Besides, your's wasn't that great and I won't be spreading it around.
Then she sends her resume, like I'm going to think more of her because she's had some pretty self important titles...
LOOSER, Get a real job.

HCS
05-26-2004, 11:13 AM
You have to write up a contest disclaimer and have everyone sign
it. Then put f ucking warning lables on everything so if something
goes wrong your ass is covered.
It's the sue generation. Everything is someone elses fault.

CA Stu
05-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Ahh, there's one oin every crowd. Don't let it get to you, man.
Every a-hole without a pot to piss in waves lawsuits around looking to intimidate others. Never amounts to shit, either. Of course.
I'll bet lawyers are jumping at the chance to sue over a cooking competition :confused:
Thanks
CA Stu
PS What was the winning recipe? ( I still have 1 1/2 hrs til lunch :mad: )

Phat Matt
05-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Maybe you should feed her some of that "undercooked" chicken and tell her to shut the hell up! :mad:

Mandelon
05-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Cook your chicken throughly!!
Next time make it an "invitational" ;)

Scream
05-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by CA Stu
PS What was the winning recipe? ( I still have 1 1/2 hrs til lunch :mad: )
It was Chicken Breast and Pork loin medallions with a wine reduction on risotto and grilled asparagus. Damn it was good.
This girl took chicken breast meat, and pork loin strips and weaved them together and cooked them just enough, then sliced them on a bias and made them look pretty cool, put them on a bed of risotto and saused them up.. really tasty.

Scream
05-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Are you gonna be there for the chicken sushi competition???
LOL
Are your guts healed from that trauma yet?

CA Stu
05-26-2004, 11:36 AM
That sounds pretty damn good.
Bet it goes good with beer ;)
CA Stu

OutCole'd
05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ultra5150
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED
Thats what I have learned. Whatever you do, it seems as it is never enough.

totenhosen
05-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Tell her if she doesn't like to start her own contest. You guys do put on a nice event and this is how people repay you. Than they wonder why company's stop doing nice thigns for the public. Or if she keeps bitchen I'd give her a real reason to sue.

91nordic29
05-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
poor mandy. i am sure that the thought will stay with you for a long time!;)