PDA

View Full Version : Lots Of Oil On Valve Covers

Hallett19
05-26-2004, 10:33 AM
I have a PCV on one valve cover and a breather on the other and after a few wide open blasts, I have a good amount of oil on the valve covers and even a little out of the oil dipstick hole. Does that mean I need to re-ring my motor soon ?

Lightning
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I think that means that your motor is a POS.
Just kidding man, how have you been?

Hallett19
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
I've been good, working, trying to sell every home in So. Cal !! I just got back from Laughlin and I think I'm going back again this weekend for Memorial ! Other than that I have a new girl friend and I sold my Expo to Jerry's g/f and got an Explorer V8 How about you ? What have you been up to ? I just want my boat to not puke oil all over the place !!! I'm thinking about running 2 pcv's with larger hoses. When I say alot of oil, I mean enough to coat the valve covers, but there are no pools of oil and its not spilling enough to make a huge difference in the oil lever either, I put about a quart of oil every 20 hrs. Other than that, it seems to be running very strong, I need to up the timing a bit and get some R's out of it, I think I'm down at 10 btdc.

Lightning
05-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Not too much new here, just working and trying to get to the river as much as possible. Have fun in Laughlin.

sleekvino
05-26-2004, 04:27 PM
the reason you get oil out of the valve covers is to much crank case pressure or you motor is not restricted enough and you bring to much oil to the top of you motorand then its slop everywere.id get rid of the pcv valve and get better breathers.thats what i did with mine and the problem was resolved.

jeffsjet
05-27-2004, 10:52 AM
I got the same problem with oil out the breathers on both sides. my valve covers arent baffeled i believe this is the problem anybody back me up on this.

Froggystyle
05-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
Other than that, it seems to be running very strong,
I would say, Strong to quite strong...
I need to up the timing a bit and get some R's out of it, I think I'm down at 10 btdc.
What you need to do is pull of the restrictor plate... get a little more juice out of the Ol' Red Dragon.
Keep that on the down low though... she ain't exactly street legal...