PDA

View Full Version : Paging Rex

Hallett19
05-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Hey Mike, I bought a Fram fuel filter for you a week or so ago and I was wondering if its a water seperating filter and I was wondering what the status of it is. I am leaving this weekend to the river and I wanted to change it out before I went. Thanks. Oh, my name is Aaron Van Wagner and I put it on a mastercard and it is supposed to be delivered to my house. I was sad to see Jay no longer works for you but the help I got when I was there was great like always !! Keep it up !!

Havasu Hangin'
05-26-2004, 11:22 AM
What was the credit card number and expiration date?

Jordy
05-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
What was the credit card number and expiration date?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
I ordered a bunch of stuff to tag on to Hallett's order and he said it's ok. :D :D :D

78Eliminator
05-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Hallett19
Hey Mike, I bought a Fram fuel filter for you a week or so ago and I was wondering if its a water seperating filter and I was wondering what the status of it is. I am leaving this weekend to the river and I wanted to change it out before I went. Thanks. Oh, my name is Aaron Van Wagner and I put it on a mastercard and it is supposed to be delivered to my house. I was sad to see Jay no longer works for you but the help I got when I was there was great like always !! Keep it up !!
Aaron, I have a Permacool fuel filter/water seperator that I bought and never used. Still in the box. Want it?

Hallett19
05-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Will it fit an OMC style spin on filter adapter Justin ? And rex, dont let those guys run up too much shit on my card :D

Rexone
05-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Aaron the Fram's are on order but I don't expect them this week.
I have Sierra / Aquapower in stock. 18-7846 on page 202 (http://www.rexmar.com/page202.html) .
It is a stock OMC style water separating filter and is the one we normally sell for that application.
Let me know if you want the order changed and I can ship it tomorrow. (Thurs).
and your brother Jordon Van Wagner's order for a new exhaust system, MSD, and blower shipped today. Thanks for putting the family credit card on file with us.

Jordy
05-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
and your brother Jordon Van Wagner's order for a new exhaust system, MSD, and blower shipped today. Thanks for putting the family credit card on file with us.
Thanks Brother Aaron. I'm looking forward to seeing what that new 10:71 will do and I think the CMI exhaust will really help it breathe, not to mention dress it up a bit. You're the best brother ever. :D

Fiat48
05-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Tears in my eyes. There's just nothin like brotherly love.:D

victorfb
05-26-2004, 07:08 PM
hey wait a minute here. something sounds fishy. are you sure your running the right credit card mike? what are the numbers so i can compare them to mine.:p

78Eliminator
05-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Aaron, I can take pictures. It should work, but I haven't looked at it in a long time. It comes with it's own mount, you know. It's the complete kit. Anyway, I don't need it and I will shoot a pic of it.

Hallett19
05-27-2004, 03:28 PM
yeah, shoot a pic and let me see. If its a better setup I'll send you a check for however much you want or you can just get my CC number from rex :) Jordy, I hope all that stuff works out for you !!

Hallett19
06-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Rex, I got that fuel filter and it does not say 'water seperating' on it. Is that bad or should I just use and not worry ? I have been getting small amounts of water in my driver side tank so I want to have a water seperator. Thanks !

Rexone
06-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Aaron, all these small filters are advertised as water separating, either the Sierra / Aquapower I mentioned above or the Fram. But truly, they are very limited in that capacity just due to physical size (how much water can they actually collect and still pass fuel?). And most have no drain plug any more. I think its all a marketing thing so they sell more filters.
To get true water separating capability of any value you would need to switch over to a larger Fram spin on like the PCS 5059M or PSC 5062M. These have drains on the bottom of the canister and are much larger than the stock filter you're dealing with. Also they require use of a Fram filter head so they would not screw onto your stock filter mount. If you have a serious water problem you'll need something larger than the little Fram or Sierra to do much good IMO. There are also many fuel additives you can buy to remove water from gasoline that are suppose to work pretty well. It all depends on how much water you're dealing with though.

Hallett19
06-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Its not much water, but it seems like every time I fill it up and take the boat out, I vaccum out the tank and there is a very small amount of water in the gas. I think 78Elim is going to send me a proper fuel filter setup !

Jordy
06-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
I vaccum out the tank ...
I hope you're not using a shop vac for that given the explosive nature of gasoline and the fact that an electic motor (aka vacuum) gives off enough spark from the armatures and brushes to light it all off. Very bad news. Seen the results a few years back. Just say no.

GlastronGuy
06-06-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I hope you're not using a shop vac for that given the explosive nature of gasoline and the fact that an electic motor (aka vacuum) gives off enough spark from the armatures and brushes to light it all off. Very bad news. Seen the results a few years back. Just say no.
Not to mention the static electricity build up from the moving fluid.
Vacuuming gasoline without a grounded, intrinsically safe vacuum is just asking to die.