PDA

View Full Version : Plug Gap

Heatseeker
08-21-2002, 01:19 PM
Just got back from a test and tune. When I go to fire it when warm, I have a slow crank condition sometimes. Will closing the plugs up a bit help? I just re-jetted and this is a new problem. Otherwise, it seems fine.
Blown BBC
2 850 Holleys

Hotcrusader76
08-21-2002, 01:51 PM
Heatseeker:
Just got back from a test and tune. When I go to fire it when warm, I have a slow crank condition sometimes. Will closing the plugs up a bit help? I just re-jetted and this is a new problem. Otherwise, it seems fine.
Blown BBC
2 850 HolleysCheck that batteries condition John and also look for a loose ground wire.
I am glad your boats back in the water, where it belongs.
Hey...I am planning a Lost Isle trip for next year. I was out there in 98 Labor day and I miss the shit out of that party ya'll have there. I know its far out next year, but a trip to Stockon requires planning down here in San Diego

Heatseeker
08-21-2002, 03:07 PM
The battery is new this season. I thought I read in here somewhere that closing the plugs a bit will help it start a little easier. I'm running them at .035 right now.
I've yet to venture out to Lost Isle. I have a couple of youngins, and they are usually out with me. I've heard the party has mellowed a bit out there. The county was threatening to shut them down after a brawl a couple of summers ago.
You should plan on coming for Tower Park next year. This year is going to be a blast, so next year will probably be better still!
If you do come up, give me a yell. maybe we can hook up for some cruising! Tell Ty that the carbs seem to fine. He helped me settle some issues a couple of weeks back.

Blown 472
08-22-2002, 05:58 AM
What are you running for ignition? you want to keep the gap close to stock cuz the blower will try to blow the spark out, unless you have a nasty ignition I would keep it close to stock, I run 35 to 45 in my blown stuff. :D

Heatseeker
08-22-2002, 02:51 PM
I'm running a Comp 9000 unilite with a Hyfire IVa and a Promaster coil.