PDA

View Full Version : Got an unhappy camper

Ntwotrance
05-27-2004, 10:40 AM
sitting next to my desk right now...http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1146MVC-694S-med.JPG

Moe_Havi
05-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Is that a perigrin?
Moe

Ntwotrance
05-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Can I ask why you have that sitting next to your desk? :D
RD
it got kicked out of it's nest, still to young to fly so as always when an animal is caught that is injured, they bring it to me for some odd damn reason...going to take it down to Dr. Weldy in about 20 minutes...

mikev
05-27-2004, 10:46 AM
looks like dinner fire up the grill. :D :D
just kidding

bchbum
05-27-2004, 10:46 AM
I think you need to move your desk

Ntwotrance
05-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by mikev
looks like dinner fire up the grill. :D :D
just kidding
WHERE'S SCREAM WITH SOME OF THOSE RECIPIES WHEN YOU NEED HIM????

NorCalCat
05-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
sitting next to my desk right now...http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1146MVC-694S-med.JPG
What the HELL! Let that Parakeet go!
I am real interested to know why you have that bird of prey next to you desk. Post a pic of him munching on a varmit.:D

Ntwotrance
05-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by NorCalCat
What the HELL! Let that Parakeet go!
I am real interested to know why you have that bird of prey next to you desk. Post a pic of him munching on a varmit.:D
People bring them in..owls, hawks, falcons, rabbits, cats, dogs, whatever they find that is injured...this one took about a 100 foot drop after it was kicked out of its nest by it's siblings....I end up taking them to either Dr. Weldy or to the local pound depending on what it is....I don't know why everyone picked me to do this though....:confused:

dmontzsta
05-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Ok, this leads me to ask...
where do you work?

Rev. Williams
05-27-2004, 11:00 AM
That's a baby Redtail. I've raised a few of those. Very cool birds and very smart.
If it needs a rehab home, I can take it in. I may still have all the feeder bottles and vitamins. But from the looks of it, it's ready for meat !!

Ntwotrance
05-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
That's a baby Redtail. I've raised a few of those. Very cool birds and very smart.
If it needs a rehab home, I can take it in. I may still have all the feeder bottles and vitamins. But from the looks of it, it's ready for meat !!
They are cool, I've had a couple come through here. This one is about a week away from being able to fly. If Weldy doesn't want it, I'll give you a shout...sometimes he just tells me to keep it for a few days, but just don't have the time with this one....and yes it is ready for meat, especially fingers...

Ducatista
05-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Awsome looking bird....I hope it's going to be ok.

ROZ
05-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Rev. Williams
If it needs a rehab home, I can take it in. I may still have all the feeder bottles and vitamins. But from the looks of it, it's ready for meat !! Yea, stick your finger in the cage and take a picture :D

Scream
05-27-2004, 12:26 PM
WHERE'S SCREAM WITH SOME OF THOSE RECIPIES WHEN YOU NEED HIM????
Frickasee of Red Tail on CousCous with a tawny port reduction, red herb pan frit and tournados or fresh vegetable selection. Might I suggest the Boujolais for tonights entre'
Bon Apetite'

summerlove
05-27-2004, 12:45 PM
People bring them in..owls, hawks, falcons, rabbits, cats, dogs, whatever they find that is injured...this one took about a 100 foot drop after it was kicked out of its nest by it's siblings....I end up taking them to either Dr. Weldy or to the local pound depending on what it is....I don't know why everyone picked me to do this though....:confused:
Bring it to Dr Weldy - he's the best for that sort of thing. That's who we use all the time for birds of prey that are injured or need to be saved/rescued.

summerlove
05-27-2004, 12:47 PM
They are cool, I've had a couple come through here. This one is about a week away from being able to fly. If Weldy doesn't want it, I'll give you a shout...sometimes he just tells me to keep it for a few days, but just don't have the time with this one....and yes it is ready for meat, especially fingers...
if weldy doesn't take it bring it to Mission Viejo Animal Services...

Ntwotrance
05-27-2004, 12:54 PM
dropped him off about 45 minutes ago, Weldy is starting to get over run with BOP's so, definately if any more come in, I'll have to run them down to MV

summerlove
05-27-2004, 01:00 PM
dropped him off about 45 minutes ago, Weldy is starting to get over run with BOP's so, definately if any more come in, I'll have to run them down to MV
MV does a great job with that sort of thing. If I don't say so myself;)