PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Lake Re-Opens

Havasu Luvr
05-27-2004, 01:27 PM
FYI. Silverwood Lake will open its gate tomorrow @ noon. First come first serve for this weekend, some restrictions on the water. This is good news for that quick run when not at the river

Ivan Dan
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Except when your boat is in your garage in Havasu. :D

kevnmcd
05-27-2004, 01:52 PM
HL - How is this lake? I have never been there but looks like a nice alternative when I can't get out to the river. But then again, so is Catalina. :D

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by kevnmcd
HL - How is this lake? I have never been there but looks like a nice alternative when I can't get out to the river. But then again, so is Catalina. :D
u got a crew handy to clean that mofo after a salt run :confused:

Havasu Luvr
05-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by kevnmcd
Kevin, the lake is small and works for me on those weekends I stay at home. It's nice just to drive over and float in the afternoon (reservations). This is a SRA Lake and has a speed limit of 35MHP. I do not know the condition of the lake now (since the fires and rain) but I am sure it's adequite. Catalina is another story. I'm always ready for a blue water run.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/39989Catalina_1-10-04_024_1_-med.jpg

LaveyJet
05-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
FYI. Silverwood Lake will open its gate tomorrow @ noon. First come first serve for this weekend, some restrictions on the water. This is good news for that quick run when not at the river
That's Good news, :)
I took my new boat out for the first time to Silverwood last October. Saw a bit of smoke to the south, It turned out to be the day the "Old Fire" started. :frown:

PlyaPlya22
05-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Kevin, the lake is small and works for me on those weekends I stay at home. It's nice just to drive over and float in the afternoon (reservations). This is a SRA Lake and has a speed limit of 35MHP. I do not know the condition of the lake now (since the fires and rain) but I am sure it's adequite. Catalina is another story. I'm always ready for a blue water run.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/39989Catalina_1-10-04_024_1_-med.jpg
It's kinda tuff to get those passes at will. Huh??? LOL

ahhell
05-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Yes.....finally a quick place to go...again. The lake is only about 900 acres, if I remember correctly, but its better than working, and you can see your feet while youre standing in it. On busy weekends its like playing on the freeway!:p

LaveyJet
05-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ahhell
you can see your feet while youre standing in it.
I sure hope all the ash, soot and gunk have settled to the bottom.

shueman
05-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Definitely need to book reservations from June-Sept, on the week-ends for sure. Get in line EARLY.
A nice place to take the "afternoon off" and go for a float. Does get breezy in the PM.

dmontzsta
05-27-2004, 06:54 PM
I never knew it closed. Well, good to know it is open again. :D Maybe we will see you out there one time Havasu Luvr.
god I hope I do. :)

svlperry
05-27-2004, 09:15 PM
the restrictions r going to be the whole lake is going to be 5 mph for like the first month and nothing but fishing boats

Havasu Luvr
05-28-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by svlperry
the restrictions r going to be the whole lake is going to be 5 mph for like the first month and nothing but fishing boats
No, the restrictions are 2 canyons are off limits for now. Cleghorn & Miller. Everything else is still the same

Debbolas
05-28-2004, 06:22 AM
The lake is small, we use to go there with our jet skis, wait in line at 5:30 in the morning, launch, (refugee fleaing her homeland) loaded up with our stuff, race to find a cove, unpack, go back for another load. I always thought the lake was big, until we brought our 19 ft SeaRay there and there just wasn't anywhere to go. Ended up loosing our anchor and Scream had to "deep sea dive, with a knife in his mouth" (kinda sexy) to cut the boat free. Then some ranger chick (I have nothing against them, I use to be one , but) gave us a hard time about our CF numbers. First time out in our old SeaRay.
Looks like a alternatvie to Elsinore, as Ahhell pointed out you can see your feet, I guess you just can't go fast....
;)

JetBoatRich
05-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Nice little lake with lots of beach's. They have lots of picnic tables and places to hang out for such a small lake.:D
Like the others said, make reservations for any weekend trips, and you get right up to the front of the line:cool:

Debbolas
05-28-2004, 06:27 AM
Also a nice place to camp.;)
I didn't know you could make reservations. I think we camped there once, so we could be first on the lake, it was awhile ago....

JetBoatRich
05-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Also a nice place to camp.;)
I didn't know you could make reservations. I think we camped there once, so we could be first on the lake, it was awhile ago....
they sure do take reservations for the day, real cool to drive past all those people in line that don't know:rolleyes: so lets keep it our secret;)

ahhell
05-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Heres the "official" story as told by the Daily Mess
http://www.vvdailypress.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1085750245,19025,
;)

Sandbar Mike
05-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Ivan Dan
Except when your boat is in your garage in Havasu. :D
I second that Ivan,
HL, Maybe I'll bring it home for a few months:D :yuk: not
That sure was a nice lake, hopefully it cleared up again.

Debbolas
05-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
they sure do take reservations for the day, real cool to drive past all those people in line that don't know:rolleyes: so lets keep it our secret;)
SO!
Why was I up at 5:30 in the morning waiting in line?
Debbolas <-------------mad about something that happend 7 years ago

dmontzsta
05-28-2004, 08:19 AM
I have been there once or twice and just remember lots of floating logs hitting the prop and bottom of the hull. NOT GOOD!
Also, I can remember getting on it WOT down the middle and approaching the launch ramps FAST, then turning right into a no wake zone. It is indeed small.

FRENCHIE
05-28-2004, 08:26 AM
thanx for the info!;)