PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi

topless
05-28-2004, 09:55 AM
DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN
>
>
>
> Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Bldg. and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge, "Under God". Pepsi said they did not want to offend anyone. If this is true, then we don't want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office. If we do
>
> not buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended when they receive our money that has the words "Under God" on it.

Ivan Dan
05-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Thats easy for me.....I don't drink Pepsi anyways. I like Coke products a lot better.

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 10:08 AM
he there topless,,,where'd ya hear that from??:p

dmontzsta
05-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Pepsi sucks.
Mountain Dew is the greatest soda.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-28-2004, 10:10 AM
isn't mountain dew a pepsi product? :confused:

topless
05-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
he there topless,,,where'd ya hear that from??:p
From Coca cola people;)

BROS&HOS
05-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Too bad Pepsi owns Moutain Dew too

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 10:13 AM
yeah well,,they have to make their money too, and I like coke more than pepsi anyway.

Pointerman
05-28-2004, 10:14 AM
This is false. Always check this garbage against snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/drpepper.asp

BROS&HOS
05-28-2004, 10:16 AM
too funny

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 10:37 AM
well I guess it's a matter of opinion,,becuase in between the words one nation.......Indevisible,are the two words "under God"

UnionJack
05-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Who cares if they didn't put under god... whats the big deal?

topless
05-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Pointerman
This is false. Always check this garbage against snopes.com.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/drpepper.asp
Wait I think I posted it wrong. Thanks Pointerman for correcting me.
This is how it should read.
To drink or not to drink?
Coca-Cola has a new patriotic can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. But Coke forgot two little words on the pledge, "Under God."
Coke said they did not want to offend anyone. If this is true then we do not want to offend anyone at the Coke corporate office. If we do not buy any Coke products then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money, after all, does have the words "Under God" on it.
If you agree with this policy, please pass this word to everyone you know. Coke doesn't have the right to rewrite the Pledge Of Allegiance!!

Tom Foolery
05-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by UnionJack
Who cares if they didn't put under god... whats the big deal?
I care.

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 10:50 AM
For me personally, no big deal,,I am just so darn tired of everyone crying that something offends them,,they don't like, don't read it, drink it, dont watch it, don't listen to it,,, and so forth.
My dad was a foreman for the city of Pomona for over 30years, then a woman started working for the city and was outraged that her title would have the word "man" in it so they revised the title to "crew cheif",,
It's all rediculous. everyone can be offended by anything, where do you draw the line?

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tom Foolery
I care.
Yeah you tell em

twistedpair
05-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, well we have terrorists yelling 'GOD is Greatest' as they fly planes into buildings or decapitate innocent men. I don't think I'm gonna get real upset about the non use of a word, when so much horror is done in the name of the word.

TheLurker
05-28-2004, 11:06 AM
For me personally, no big deal,,I am just so darn tired of everyone crying that something offends them,,they don't like, don't read it, drink it, dont watch it, don't listen to it,,, and so forth.
My dad was a foreman for the city of Pomona for over 30years, then a woman started working for the city and was outraged that her title would have the word "man" in it so they revised the title to "crew cheif",,
It's all rediculous. everyone can be offended by anything, where do you draw the line?
I'm with you on this one!
I'm offended of all of this political correctness B.S. New laws to appease special intrest groups etc.

dmontzsta
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
I stay away from dark colas, if they take battery acid off your battery cables and can polish chrome, they shouldnt be in your stomach. :)
I only drink them when I get a craving, otherwise, Mountain Dew is it.

Pointerman
05-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by topless
Wait I think I posted it wrong. Thanks Pointerman for correcting me.
This is how it should read.
To drink or not to drink?
Coca-Cola has a new patriotic can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. But Coke forgot two little words on the pledge, "Under God."
Coke said they did not want to offend anyone. If this is true then we do not want to offend anyone at the Coke corporate office. If we do not buy any Coke products then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money, after all, does have the words "Under God" on it.
If you agree with this policy, please pass this word to everyone you know. Coke doesn't have the right to rewrite the Pledge Of Allegiance!!
Sorry, but it is still false. Go to the website I linked to above. It was a Dr. Pepper can back in November of 2001. There is a picture of it on the site. The can was only produced for three months.

Pointerman
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Here is the text from the site.
Origins: Although
there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves since February 2002.
The brouhaha began in mid-November 2001, when the Dr Pepper soft drink company, in response to the terrorist attacks on America a few months earlier, introduced a new can design featuring the Statue of Liberty with the words "ONE NATION . . . INDIVISIBLE" from the Pledge of Allegiance displayed above it:
Dr Pepper did not print the entire Pledge of Allegiance on their cans while leaving out the words 'under God'; they invoked the Pledge of Allegiance by using a mere three words from the pledge. However, because the three words Dr Pepper chose to use were the words surrounding the phrase 'under God' (which was not itself part of the original pledge as written by Francis Bellamy in 1892; 'under God' was added to the pledge by an act of Congress in 1954) the new patriotic can design prompted calls for boycotts from some religious groups and news media who maintained that Dr Pepper had "omitted 'under God'" from their version of the Pledge (because it falls where Dr Pepper used ellipses) and publicized the issue by encouraging a campaign of sending e-mail and letters of complaint to the Dr Pepper company:.
Dr Pepper addressed the issue on their web site, saying:
In recent days, several news media outlets in the country have reported on a special edition Dr Pepper can that was created to show support for the patriotic fervor that has been sweeping America since the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, and to show the world that we are a united nation of people who place a high value upon freedom.
Much of the information being circulated on this subject is incomplete or inaccurate. Here are the facts:
The can, released last November, features an image of the Statue of Liberty along with the words "One Nation . . . Indivisible." The special packaging was designed to reflect our pride in this country's determination to stand together as one. The Statue of Liberty and Pledge of Allegiance were chosen as two of the greatest symbols of American freedom.
Due to space limitations on the can, only a few of the 31 words from the Pledge of Allegiance could be used. The available area for graphics limited the amount of verbiage on the can. Of the 31 words in the Pledge of Allegiance, only three were included. More than 90 percent were not included.
We at Dr Pepper/Seven Up strongly believe that the message on these cans is a resoundingly patriotic, bipartisan message that we are a united nation.
More than 41 million special edition cans were ordered by Dr Pepper bottlers in portions of a dozen states. Because the limited edition patriotic can is to be retired in February, you will soon see regular packaging graphics for Dr Pepper at your local retail stores.
Although 18 million Dr Pepper cans bearing the new design had been produced by February 2002, the company said they had received only "four complaints from Dubuque" and "200 other negative comments nationwide," and the issue seemed to have largely disappeared along with the cans by March 2002. However, when a United States Court of Appeals handed down a decision regarding the constitutionality of the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance in June 2002, it breathed new life into the Dr. Pepper controversy even though the controversial cans had already been off store shelves for months.

topless
05-28-2004, 11:30 AM
You're pretty up to date on this Pointerman.
I was wrong again. This is how it should hace read.
Budweiser has a new patriotic can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Bldg. and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. But Pepsi forgot two little words on the pledge, "Under God." Budweiser said they did not want to offend anyone.
If this is true then we do not want to offend anyone at the Budweiser corporate office. If we do not buy any Budweiser product then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money after all does have the words "Under God" on it. Please pass this word to everyone you know. Tell your Sunday School class tomorrow and tell your Pastors so that they can tell the whole congregation. Christians stand up and let your voices be heard. We want the words "under God" to be read by every person who buys a can.
:D

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 11:34 AM
topless, your right,,,just read about that somewhere I can't believe that Bud is doing that, what are they thinking

topless
05-28-2004, 11:37 AM
topless, your right,,,just read about that somewhere I can't believe that Bud is doing that, what are they thinking
Damn terrorists!

twistedpair
05-28-2004, 11:38 AM
I think you missed the point. This same bogus story has been circulating since 2001, only with different company names.

goneboatin
05-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Screw it! I'm going to start a soda company that has a can that insults you when you open it.
It won't be politically correct, but it won't single out anyone, everybody get offended and insulted equally!

topless
05-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by twistedpair
I think you missed the point. This same bogus story has been circulating since 2001, only with different company names.
Oh wait! Silly me, wrong again.
Heres the REAL story.
Coors has a new patriotic can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Bldg. and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. But Pepsi forgot two little words on the pledge, "Under God." Coors said they did not want to offend anyone.
If this is true then we do not want to offend anyone at the Coors corporate office. If we do not buy any Coors product then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money after all does have the words "Under God" on it. Please pass this word to everyone you know. Tell your Sunday School class tomorrow and tell your Pastors so that they can tell the whole congregation. Christians stand up and let your voices be heard. We want the words "under God" to be read by every person who buys a can.
:D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by TheLurker
I'm with you on this one!
I'm offended of all of this political correctness B.S. New laws to appease special intrest groups etc.
EXACTLY! WTF is a hate crime?!?!?!?! A crime is a crime! It does not matter what race the perp was in realtion to the victim. The mere idea of a hate crime places a greater "value" on one race of over another. EFF'N LAME!:mad: :mad: :mad:

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 11:51 AM
it's been explained and confirmed to me that what is posted on here is validated through the moderators and therefore the information is believable.

twistedpair
05-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh!! That's the LAST STRAW!!! Those Non-Union, Non-Pastuerized, Non-Christian, practically Non-Alcoholic BASTARDS!! I'm NEVER going to drink another frosty, delicious, refreshing, straight out of the cooler Silver Bullet again! At least not until NOW!!:D

MsDrmr
05-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Oh!! That's the LAST STRAW!!! Those Non-Union, Non-Pastuerized, Non-Christian, practically Non-Alcoholic BASTARDS!! I'm NEVER going to drink another frosty, delicious, refreshing, straight out of the cooler Silver Bullet again! At least not until NOW!!:D
LADYS AND GENTLEMEN,,,,WE HAVE A WINNER,,, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED SOON WITH YOUR PRIZE INFORMATION

Some Kind Of Monster
05-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Hmmm, I was scared that I was going to have to stock up on Dr. Pepper so that I wouldn't have to buy this can when it comes out.