PDA

View Full Version : Hemi Engines

Taylorman
05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Why are Hemi based engines not very popular in lake boats since they are so popular in race boats?

Blown 472
05-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Taylorman
Why are Hemi based engines not very popular in lake boats since they are so popular in race boats?
Cuz they are pricey and that gm junk is cheap.
Didcha learn somethin???:D :D

Taylorman
05-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Dude when are you going to change that avatar. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Work slow for you today also?

Blown 472
05-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Dude when are you going to change that avatar. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Work slow for you today also?
My other one is too big and I cant resize it.
Work?? haven't done that nasty thing since Jan. I am putting off working on my neighbors shit box.:rolleyes:

MAXIMUS
05-28-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm rather fond of that avatar! :D

uclahater
05-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
I'm rather fond of that avatar! :D
Ditto:D :D :D
Dont Change it Blown:mad:

wsuwrhr
05-28-2004, 04:15 PM
unfortunately they are pretty heavy, and expensive in iron form, and just pretty expensive in alloy form. They don't make easy power in (NATURALLY) aspirated form either. Blown works best.
(edit)
But you do notice the motors with BIG power are running REAL HEMI'S or a dirivitive of the hemi design. :)
Not the crap Chrysler is now trying to sell you as a hemi.
Brian
That ought to get people posting

TIMINATOR
05-28-2004, 07:37 PM
uclahater, my wife (the DEBBONATOR) loves your avatar! She's an avid TAZ collector.Can she get a download for a screensaver? Thanks... TIMINATOR

malcolm
05-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Well then she'd love my Dad's Sleekcraft, someone painted a big ol Taz on the front deck. :)

Sleek-Jet
05-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
unfortunately they are pretty heavy, and expensive in iron form, and just pretty expensive in alloy form. They don't make easy power in aspirated form either. Blown works best.
But you do notice the motors with BIG power are running REAL HEMI'S or a dirivitive of the hemi design. :)
Not the crap Chrysler is now trying to sell you as a hemi.
Brian
That ought to get people posting
OK, I'll bite. Not going to disagree with you on the Chrysler stuff, but (and this really annoys me), arean't all engines aspirated??
Normally aspirated engines don't have super or turbo chargers. Forced aspirated (or more commonly Forced Induction) would mean a super or turbo charger is added. I've heard the "aspirated engine" stuff out at the track and it's like fingers on a chalkboard sometimes.
OK, it's a the old patato/patahto argument, but it's a slow day here. :D

wsuwrhr
05-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
OK, I'll bite. Not going to disagree with you on the Chrysler stuff, but (and this really annoys me), arean't all engines aspirated??
Sorry, MEANT to say NATURALLY aspirated.
Brian

Blown 472
05-29-2004, 01:53 PM
You want Hemi??? check out this chivvy asshander.
http://www.oceanstateperformance.com/projects.php?action=show_images&car=3

wsuwrhr
05-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
You want Hemi??? check out this chivvy asshander.
http://www.oceanstateperformance.com/projects.php?action=show_images&car=3
That, my friend, has bad-ass written ALL over it.
Brian
Read above, just expensive.

disco_charger
05-29-2004, 11:02 PM
There's a guy in NC building Hemi engines for boats. 705 C/I Fords. I heard that the numbers coming off of the dyno are staggering. First time ever I thought about a blue oval in the bilge. :D

Kindsvater Flat
05-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by disco_charger
There's a guy in NC building Hemi engines for boats. 705 C/I Fords. I heard that the numbers coming off of the dyno are staggering. First time ever I thought about a blue oval in the bilge. :D
Is Paul Fitzgerald his name?
http://www.schoutenranch.com/redbluff/images/tomato1.jpg

05-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by disco_charger
There's a guy in NC building Hemi engines for boats. 705 C/I Fords. I heard that the numbers coming off of the dyno are staggering. First time ever I thought about a blue oval in the bilge. :D Could be....I heard rumors that Walt Austin built a Ford Hemi for alcohol with very good dyno numbers too. Also heard John Force with help from FoMoCo built a Ford hemi for use in T/F that reportedly made more hp than the KBs that are run now, bad news is NHRA refused to allow the engine to compete.

Kindsvater Flat
05-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Actually back in the day there were quite a few v-drives that had 392 hemi's in them. Not to mention quite a few bank-outs (farm equipment) had them also. Friend of mine collected about 3 doz of them when they were eventually converted to diesel.

MoparSanger
06-01-2004, 12:11 AM
mostly it is cost, you can build a bbc for the price of the valve train on the hemi. I have a set of 426 hemi boat headers that I picked up when I got my motor mounts for my boat. Maybe some day.....
now that has a nice ring to it hemi-jetboat...
you better make it fast becuse every one will want to race ya.