PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Deck Boat Guys

Ivan Dan
05-28-2004, 12:45 PM
What do you guys use to clean the floor of your deckboats? The floors seem to get dirty really easy. Any suggestions? Anyone have the carpet kit installed? How does that work out?
THANKS
DAN

welk2party
05-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I took my carpet out the day I brought it home. Never used it yet. I got a deck brush and use simple green and water. After that I use a cleaner with teflon wax in it. Then rinse and dry.
The floor gets gross quick. Especially with people partying on board. The best solution for me was to bring a good suze plastic bowl and rinse the boat out periodicall through the day. Cut down on the mess much better.

Advantage Adam
05-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Dan,
I use Simple Green with a scrub brush(when needed).
Adam

Ivan Dan
05-28-2004, 12:59 PM
I used Simple Green and some rags. Next time I will try a brush maybe that will get it cleaner. It sure gets dirty quick when you are out on the lake partying though.

welk2party
05-28-2004, 01:01 PM
The teflon cleaners help a lot. Rinse often during the day helps even more.

phebus
05-28-2004, 01:02 PM
We have snap in carpet, and use it. Doesn't show the dirt wet feet leave, and stops the rattles from the lockers in the floor. Snap it out when we get home, and hose it off. Simple. :D

plaster dave
05-28-2004, 01:09 PM
ivan i need a home loan can you help????????

Ivan Dan
05-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Call Dan McDonald with Windsor Capital (714) 299-8787. He does all of my home loans is one of my best friends and I really trust him. He also seems to get the best interest rates around but I always recommend to shop around as mortgages are like buying a car you gotta find the best deal.
If I can answer any other questions feel free to call or e-mail me direct.

plaster dave
05-28-2004, 01:16 PM
thanks ivan

vodkarocks
05-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Dan
I found a sponge mop that has a brush on the other side that seems to work great. Just spray some lake water on and use the brush. The mop picks up the water and sand that won't drain

Ivan Dan
05-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by vodkarocks
Dan
I found a sponge mop that has a brush on the other side that seems to work great. Just spray some lake water on and use the brush. The mop picks up the water and sand that won't drain
Thats a great idea! Do you just keep it in your ski locker and do it every so often?
Thanks guys!