PDA

View Full Version : Indmar 502 question

rposton1
05-28-2004, 05:45 PM
anyone know if there is a port by where the oil filter goes so I could screw in a 1/4 inch stainless hose, I just bought a Masterlube prelubricator also anyone know of a good website that shows the hp and torque rating on the indmar 502 ....thanks in advance Robert

redneckgirl
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I know the prelub is a good thing...but with Merc I have heard it will void your warranty... You might want to check with Indmar, if you care about the warranty. :D By the way how is Shockwave running, and how do you like her?? Did you get your seat fixed?
RNG

Jbb
05-28-2004, 06:42 PM
My motor started life as a Marine power 502...It has a dual remote filter setup that had about 4 plugs to choose from...Prelube on a boat engine,in my opinion is essential....I would like to hear any manufacturers reason behind voiding a warranty over one...

rposton1
05-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
I know the prelub is a good thing...but with Merc I have heard it will void your warranty... You might want to check with Indmar, if you care about the warranty. :D By the way how is Shockwave running, and how do you like her?? Did you get your seat fixed?
RNG
Runninig great I have about 8hrs on motor so far, I hope Indmar doesn't void the warranty:confused: I guess I could remove it if somrthing breaks:p

rposton1
05-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
My motor started life as a Marine power 502...It has a dual remote filter setup that had about 4 plugs to choose from...Prelube on a boat engine,in my opinion is essential....I would like to hear any manufacturers reason behind voiding a warranty over one...
Yeah I'm with you JB seems like a no brainer to me....Robert

redneckgirl
05-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by rposton1
Runninig great I have about 8hrs on motor so far, I hope Indmar doesn't void the warranty:confused: I guess I could remove it if somrthing breaks:p
I understand it is a no brainer... Just don't want you to get in trouble... We have 43 hours on our SS, our first trip out was Jan 17... We try to go out for one day every weekend, heading out on Sunday to check out all the Hot Boats... We are lucky, we are only 30-45 minutes to Lake Nacimeinto from our house... Have fun hope to see you at the regatta. :D :D
RNG

rposton1
05-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
I understand it is a no brainer... Just don't want you to get in trouble... We have 43 hours on our SS, our first trip out was Jan 17... We try to go out for one day every weekend, heading out on Sunday to check out all the Hot Boats... We are lucky, we are only 30-45 minutes to Lake Nacimeinto from our house... Have fun hope to see you at the regatta. :D :D
RNG
Thanks for watching my back:) I can't wait till my motor is completly broken in....Robert