PDA

View Full Version : Rub Rail

Thunderbutt
05-29-2004, 04:30 AM
I need to buy some rubrail, where would I look for it?

gigamurph
05-29-2004, 05:06 PM
I've got some info around here somewhere but I'll be damned if I know where it's at. Just hit any of the search engines (ie: Google, Alta-Vista, etc.) and go from there.:)

disco_charger
05-29-2004, 11:17 PM
L&L Marine, Corona CA...

ESB
05-30-2004, 09:49 AM
OK sorry to steal the thread but do yall think it would be compleatly dumb to get rid of the rub rail and smooth it over?
Im working on an old Cheetah Jet boat and the rail is bad. I was kinda thinking of getting rid of it all together.

wsuwrhr
05-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ESB
OK sorry to steal the thread but do yall think it would be compleatly dumb to get rid of the rub rail and smooth it over?
Im working on an old Cheetah Jet boat and the rail is bad. I was kinda thinking of getting rid of it all together.
Still today, the only regret about redoing my boat is not "capping the hull" which is the process you are talking about.
If you are thinking that it will look good, you are probably right, I would do it.
Brian

ESB
05-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Well today I took another look at it and its not in near as bad a shape as I made out. I think I can restore the shine to the rubber and it wont look bad.
ANd I think I maybe should run this stuff. Because I remember the day I took the molding of the doors on my car someone opend there door and hit mine.
So I better be safe and keep it.

Krazy K
05-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Thunderbutt
I need to buy some rubrail, where would I look for it?
www.rubrails.com

ESB
05-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Krazy K
www.rubrails.com
Damn, dont you hate it when its that obvious? :D

Thunderbutt
05-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Krazy K
www.rubrails.com
Thanks Krazy, Why didn't I think of that. I went into the site but none of theres matched mine. I'll keep trying

Thunderbutt
05-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ESB
I had a flatbottom that I had glassed in and it looked real good, until it cracked

Thunderbutt
05-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by disco_charger
L&L Marine, Corona CA...
disco - charger. L&L Marine has it. Thanks

1Bahnerjet
05-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Also, you can get Aluminum rub rail anodized in colors to match your Boat (my boat is black, so I got the black rub rail) so from a Distance it looks like the hull is capped. (Yeah, from a Long Distance) :D

Krazy K
05-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ESB
Damn, dont you hate it when its that obvious? :D
That's exactly what I said when I was looking for rubrails.