PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Question

shueman
05-29-2004, 05:03 AM
We live in a pretty nice area in the 909....been here 15+....
This Sheriff buys the house next door. It's was a nice place before; just needed a little TLC as a single mom was the owner. Thought this would be good...
WRONG..!!! They move in, take out all the greenery in the front, rip up the sprinkler system, park a junker in the driveway, and DO NOTHING ELSE. They never water, front or back; everything dies except the trees feeding of the neighbor houses.
This has been OVER TWO YEARS.
He does a re-fi, starts working on the place, tears out everything in the back and puts a big spa, patio, retaining walls, tears out the front steps, planters, etc., and starts laying a new driveway with brick inlays, etc. Ok, I think to myself. Finally something positive.
And yes, the junker is now in the street.
Guess he ran out of cash, 'cause it's been two months and still no cement has been poured in the driveway. Just a bunch of brick patterns in the dirt. Since he's got no driveway and the junker is in front of the house, he parks his cars in front of my house, leaves his trash cans on the sidewalk, there's leftover brick and other crap layin' everywhere.
WTF can I do? Do I go over and ask him about the situation or go to the city and keep my distance? I know it's hurtin my property value and others on the street.
Comments welcome.

Mandelon
05-29-2004, 05:10 AM
1. I know the city here has a code enforcement officer. There are a lot of regulations about what you can and cannot have. An F'ed up yard is actually illegal.
Of course since he's a cop, nothing may happen, but its worth a try......
2. I guess you could offer to help. Tell him your wife was asking you what he was up to, and you were just curios what his "plan" was............
3. Burn his house down. He probably knows some firemen.
4. Sign him up for one of those makeover shows on TV, where they come in a remodel the place for free in 4 days.
That's all I've got. Good Luck. :cool:

v-drive
05-29-2004, 05:23 AM
Get together with your neighbors and then go to code enforcement. This is about the first time i've been glad I have an association..... :cool: v-drive

shueman
05-29-2004, 05:24 AM
Tnks Mandelon...!! The city angle might have some merit.
I don't wanna start a bunch of crap; he's a nice guy and all, but C'MON. The Sheriff's are the enforcement officers in this area, which makes it 2x tough.

shueman
05-29-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by v-drive
Get together with your neighbors and then go to code enforcement. This is about the first time i've been glad I have an association..... :cool: v-drive
I hear ya. All that political BS with an HOA can be a pain, but it does help protect prop values.

Mandelon
05-29-2004, 05:30 AM
Maybe you could at least embarrass him into action in front of his comrades.....
But then again he might get bitter and wonder which one of his neighbors ratted him out. I hope you can do it anonymously.
Might be best just to ask him first. Its a tough spot to be in, the "Sheriff" angle makes it even more sticky.
I had a neighbor who was a lawyer. He would leave his back yard speakers on all the time. Even when he would leave!! :mad:
They blared right into my bedroom window. I went over and asked him to turn it down, which he did. But the next day the same shit. I threatened to call the cops and he finally chilled out but only after he threatens to sue me....
Yeah right for what???? I moved anyway but was glad I did. I sure hate ASS-Holes....
Sorry for the rant. Good luck on your problem there. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
05-29-2004, 05:34 AM
You could always put up a huge sign in your front yard that says
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=716521

shueman
05-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
You could always put up a huge sign in your front yard that says....
BAMM.....!!! This I like......
Maybe I take over a few "Silvers" first and talk with him...he's pretty BIG...!!!
:D

LUVNLIFE
05-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Take the silvers over, get him a little buzzed, then kick him in the junk and run. Actually talking to him about it is prob best. Just get on his side, tell him it will look great when it's done and what his other plans are. Maybe you can get him to tell you what the holdup is. Plus maybe he gets a hint.

Kachina26
05-29-2004, 07:32 AM
We called Code enforcement in my old neighborhood. The weeds were literally 3 feet tall, a major fire hazard. They had cleared 2 foot sections several times, but could never get it done. They had yard sales and just left whatever didn't sell out front for weeks, couches whatever. And every freaking time they left the house, even if everyone was in the car, they would honk the dang horn. What the hell was that all about????? Anyway, code enforcement made them clean up a little. But eventually the whole neighborhood was going the way of their type. So, we left , and when I took out the last load we all blasted our horns as we drove by their house. I also went by the jerkoffs house that used the street as his personal drag strip and did a pretty nice power brake. Man I hated Adelanto:mad:

ahhell
05-29-2004, 10:54 AM
That'll teach you to move to Alta Loma:D
Here in Hesperia thats the norm:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LHC30Victory
05-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Damn I hate it when our profession gets a black eye from the action(s) of one :mad:
He should know better because ( unless he's a rookie) he has been in between neighbor disputes just like this several times!
Try talking to him first, then call Code Enforcement because what he has done is likely to be a violation. Also, call the Sheriff office and complain about the car anonymously to get it towed perhaps
If that doesn't work, call his station ( he may not work in AL) and talk to the Watch Commander first in general terms then, if needed give up the guys name.
Give me his name and address - I will talk to him about bringing discredit to the badge :mad:
In any case you shouldn't have to put up with that kind of "neighborly love."