PDA

View Full Version : Flea Market amps

Cheap Thrills
05-29-2004, 04:21 PM
I was at the local flea market the other week and happened across alot of goodies , two of wich were amplifiers that looked well used . I didnt expect them to work even though the seller assured me they did :rolleyes: but at $10.00 for both I figured they werent beyond the risk .
on the top a Pioneer GMX-304 4 ch. and on the bottom a Kenwood KAC-606 2 ch.
Just as I had thought both DOA .
easy fix on both :D they had been subject to reverse polarity on the power obviously without fuse protection and suffered minor circut board damage and a toasted safety diodes . A little solder here . A new diode there and VIOLA :D nothing like having a couple extra disposable amps on hand .
C.T. :wink:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127Flea_Market_find-med.JPG

ESB
05-30-2004, 10:09 AM
So youve got 2 new/used amps for less than $15 all together.
Cant beat that with a stick.

ROZ
05-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ESB
That's why they call him Cheap Thrills :D
CT, I use to do the same thing with product brought into service that people left behind... I bought a mit's 35" tv in 90 that was a year old that someone didn't repair... Sucker lasted until 2003... Best 10.oo I ever spent:cool: I resoldered a few IC's (nice to have a chip solder station ;) ) and refit soldered a few points where the tuner pack went, and I was good to go :D

Cheap Thrills
05-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ESB
Cant beat that with a stick.
Yeppers sure did .
one mans trash is another mans treasure :D
Originally posted by ROZ
That's why they call him Cheap Thrills :D
I'm all about the Cheap Thrills :D
CT, I use to do the same thing with product brought into service that people left behind... I bought a mit's 35" tv in 90 that was a year old that someone didn't repair... Sucker lasted until 2003... Best 10.oo I ever spent:cool: I resoldered a few IC's (nice to have a chip solder station ;) ) and refit soldered a few points where the tuner pack went, and I was good to go :D
I have an SMT hot air soldering station and wouldn't take anything for it.
Have you ever tried repairing SMTs with a Weller 7200w pistol?:p its impossible :D
OK I'm going back to my boat project .
check ya later

likwidsukr
06-07-2004, 07:32 PM
LMAO I will give ya 40.00 for both now that is pure proffit LOL:D

Cheap Thrills
06-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
LMAO I will give ya 40.00 for both now that is pure proffit LOL:D
Hey Dude where ya been hiding ?
I guess you're getting ready for Anna HU?
as far as the amps go I would hate to sell em to a friend for fear of something happening, kinda like selling a used car .
hit the flea market and grab a couple of suspects . with the protection circuitry thats built in now a days you really have to F'up bad to totall one . unless you're in Have-A-Shoe AZ. with temps of 108 with .40 eleven wet drunk friends cheering you on to turn it up louder . J/K
look around the flea markets /yard sales . if it looks halfway diecent for a few bucks get it and if it doesn't work
send it to me and I'll pay the return postage .
If it's something simple like these were I wont charge ya anything for the fix . and if it's not just buy the parts I'll take care of the rest !
Have fun at Anna .

likwidsukr
06-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Cheap Thrills
Hey Dude where ya been hiding ?
I guess you're getting ready for Anna HU?
as far as the amps go I would hate to sell em to a friend for fear of something happening, kinda like selling a used car .
hit the flea market and grab a couple of suspects . with the protection circuitry thats built in now a days you really have to F'up bad to totall one . unless you're in Have-A-Shoe AZ. with temps of 108 with .40 eleven wet drunk friends cheering you on to turn it up louder . J/K
look around the flea markets /yard sales . if it looks halfway diecent for a few bucks get it and if it doesn't work
send it to me and I'll pay the return postage .
If it's something simple like these were I wont charge ya anything for the fix . and if it's not just buy the parts I'll take care of the rest !
Have fun at Anna .
Don't you know that I am the "Elusive Reclusive" That is what CAS has named me.

Cheap Thrills
06-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Well , we all gotta have a hobby I suppose :D
I see you sold the Toad . are both of the new ones you got up and running ?