PDA

View Full Version : I'm sooooo sad!

HighRoller
05-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Aren't you sad that you missed out on the great Havasu environment this weekend? I am. I was looking forward to going to the Sandbar and.....what? Oh, it's closed. Well, in that case I'll just go down and hang in the channel. Oh yeah, it's closed too! Well, I guess I'll have to head up the gorge to Topock, dodging drunks in high dollar cats, kamikaze lake lice and knuckleheads in rental pontoons while I brave the four foot chop from all the boats. Then, when I'm ready to go home I'll gladly wait four hours to take my boat out of the water and sit in traffic another hour to get back to the hotel. I'll get cleaned up and shoehorn myself into the nearest restaurant for an overpriced meal before settling down in my 400 dollar a night hotel room where I can't sleep because the drunks outside are getting all worked up over two girls kissing each other. See what we missed??????????? DAMMIT!

Cheap Thrills
05-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Yeh , I hate it when that happenz .
C.T. :wink:

Tom Brown
05-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
.... See what we missed??????????? DAMMIT!
It's all part of the high roller lifestyle. :cool:

Mandelon
05-29-2004, 06:11 PM
When you put it that way, I am not so sorry. ;)

LHC30Victory
05-29-2004, 06:30 PM
What! I missed all that?:eek:

LUVNLIFE
05-29-2004, 07:10 PM
I got the truck serviced and the dog his shots today. I bet I had more fun doing that than I would have had waiting in all that crap.;)

ahhell
05-29-2004, 07:18 PM
dammit...if i leave now can i still join in on the "fun";)
be there at midnight...NOT!!!

summerlove
05-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Damn, I missed that? Instead, I had to suffer through a All-star softball tournoment (it was soooo cool), and then hang in the back yard by the pool while the kids swamt with a group of friends drinking beers and margos and then go to dinner with the family! Damn, I hate it when that happens!:D

phebus
05-29-2004, 08:02 PM
HighRoller, that is one of the funniest threads in a long time. Thanks :D

shueman
05-29-2004, 08:16 PM
THE TRUTH HURTS....thanks for sharing...:D
We all know it, that's why were stayin "local", but putting it into words, PRICELESS...:sqsmile:

welk2party
05-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Those were the days. No I can just sit back and talk about the way it used to be.:cool:

phebus
05-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
Those were the days. No I can just sit back and talk about the way it used to be.:cool:
Yea,the older I get, the better I was :D

Blown 472
05-29-2004, 11:14 PM
**** and all I did today was take a nap and jerk off while the neighbor woman weeded her garden.

victorfb
05-30-2004, 12:13 AM
how much for the nieghbor women to weed MY garden?:D
now that i think about it, id rather weed the garden myself than deal with the "high roller" crowd.

Kilrtoy
05-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Pseudo Lesbianism IS NOT the fountain of youth
But when you see the real thing in person, IT'S WORTH THE WAIT:eek:

HOSS
05-30-2004, 02:46 AM
I got a China woman doe that across the street from me. She likes to wear her nightgown and nothing underneath. Seems to only do this when I`m in the garage. She doesn`t look bad from a fantasy distance. My wife`s pregnant. I think I`ll walk over there today.

LASERRAY
05-30-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by HOSS
I got a China woman doe that across the street from me. She likes to wear her nightgown and nothing underneath. Seems to only do this when I`m in the garage. She doesn`t look bad from a fantasy distance. My wife`s pregnant. I think I`ll walk over there today. Look both ways before crossing the street HOSS.:D
Why not take her a cactus plant as a neighborly gesture?
On second thought, never mind.....................................!:D

JetBoatRich
05-30-2004, 06:16 AM
It is sad to miss out on all that fun:yuk: when you get back from a trip like that you need a vacation:mad:

twistedpair
05-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Well if you would have came to Mead, you could have had the added experience of the DUI checkpoint they had set up by my house! Bonus!!!

cc322
05-30-2004, 07:06 AM
UUUHHHH........he said two girls kissing, that's cool:D

boatnam2
05-30-2004, 09:39 AM
high roller is painting a pretty bleek picture and at 42 yrs old i will take a pass card on the whole big weeekend myself.even though i have my own ramp and dock too park on so i dont have to wait or worry about anything.but 10 years ago i would put up with all the bullshit in a minute did it for 15 years thats what it was all about on memorial weekend extra people, extra crazies ,extra girls loved it couldnt wait for the next one.now at my old age and my frumpy style im limited to the 48 other weekends to choose from.its just not fair highroller can i have a piece of your crying towel:(

beer hunter
05-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Well if you would have came to Mead, you could have had the added experience of the DUI checkpoint they had set up by my house! Bonus!!!
Now that's a scary thought. :idea2:
Beer <--- doesn't like the thought of getting a DUI or BUI ---> Hunter

HighRoller
05-31-2004, 12:10 AM
just not fair highroller can i have a piece of your crying towel
Actually, the only tears that my towel will absorb this weekend is from me laughing so hard I cry! Watch all these fockers come back and tell us how we "missed out". Yeah, I know what I "missed out" on.......

MagicMtnDan
05-31-2004, 05:03 AM
You neglected to mention one of the best parts of the Memorial Day weekend - the traditional Memorial Day drive back home. That's the seven to eight hours you get to spend on the freeways crawling back home - using up the majority of your third and final day of the holiday weekend. :yuk:

HighRoller
05-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Yeah, nothin better than sitting in traffic tired and hungover and feeling like you're gonna puke...Damn I'm so filled with regret. All those people coming back from Memorial Day would see me heading the other direction if I were gonna do Havasu. During the week after big holidays is like a ghost town.

Ducatista
06-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Geez we spent the weekend at Havasu and had a beautiful time. The Islander has it's own private launch ramp, we cruised down to Steamboat Sat & Sun for a nice under control party. The drive from Havasu to the Antelope Valley on Monday took under 5 hours leaving Havasu at 1:30 pm. No problems whatever.....granted the water was ruff, but that is what the k-planes are for! You guys just need to know how to do it. There are alot of ways to have a nice easy time at Havasu over the big weekends.
:)

dicudmore
06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Now that's a scary thought. :idea2:
Beer <--- doesn't like the thought of getting a DUI or BUI ---> Hunter
Ah lake mead memorial weekend.
Where do i start? Rougher than hell from boulder basin through the narrows. Pulled over no less than 3 times by the park service, rangers, whatever they were.
Ticketed for the boat being too loud...
Thankfully sober for all those checkings :confused:

Krumbsnatcher
06-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Sure the channel was closed for a few hours, but the rest of the lake was great. The wind was blowing but who cared we were there from Friday to Sunday. Headed to topock had lunch.
On saturday spent it at steamboat, it was very undercontrol and hardly any police troubles, they were observing and not intervening.
Pulled up to the naked turtle on Saturday after steam boat, had a few drinks then when back to the house for a snooze.
Repeated the same thing on Sunday, then woke up Sunday around 10:00am loaded the truck and headed home, took a whole 4.5 hours.
I took less time to get home this Memorial than a normal weekend. I was shocked at how many less cars there were, and the traffic people we amazed too. The corona crawl should of been called the corona speedway.
great weekend overall

Ducatista
06-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Ah lake mead memorial weekend.
Where do i start? Rougher than hell from boulder basin through the narrows. Pulled over no less than 3 times by the park service, rangers, whatever they were.
Ticketed for the boat being too loud...
Thankfully sober for all those checkings :confused:
Damn Dan, that sucks! Too loud??? Good God we're all in trouble with the noise situation. So how do you deal with a ticket like that? Do you just mail in a fine or is it some sort of fixit thing, where you have to show someone the problem(too loud) is fixed or inspected? Glad it wasn't anything worse..........:(

Ducatista
06-01-2004, 10:16 AM
.. The water was a little rough, and we had a real close call with one jetski, but overall We came away unscathed, unbeaten, and feeling sorry for those folks that stayed home! :D
RD <--- not sad in the least.. [/B][/QUOTE]
I couldn't agree more...:cool:

dicudmore
06-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Damn Dan, that sucks! Too loud??? Good God we're all in trouble with the noise situation. So how do you deal with a ticket like that? Do you just mail in a fine or is it some sort of fixit thing, where you have to show someone the problem(too loud) is fixed or inspected? Glad it wasn't anything worse..........:(
YA total stock 496HO, although it does have thru-transom exhaust...
apparently 92 db and 88 is the limit.
the cop said if I put baffles or something on it to quiet it and call him back down there to re-test it before the ticket is due (30 days) it will go away. otherwise pay $110 fine and hope that he's not out there checking next trip out.
While he was writing me up, no less than half-dozen boats went by considerably louder than mine but he was already occupied. Had one of those on the meter at 85 db 200 feet away....

BOBALOO
06-01-2004, 10:41 AM
I guess b/c so many of you stayed home the traffic was less than most summer weekends. We had no issues with too many boats (only sea dont's) and had no problem pulling up to either the Sundance or Roadrunner and parking in the front row.
I guess I expected more people out there and was pleasantly surprised. The AWESOME crew we were with also made a big difference in how smoothly everything went.
I am looking forward to hanging out with the OP6C "crowd" this weekend, and I seriously hope it's crowded.:D

Ducatista
06-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
YA total stock 496HO, although it does have thru-transom exhaust...
apparently 92 db and 88 is the limit.
the cop said if I put baffles or something on it to quiet it and call him back down there to re-test it before the ticket is due (30 days) it will go away. otherwise pay $110 fine and hope that he's not out there checking next trip out.
While he was writing me up, no less than half-dozen boats went by considerably louder than mine but he was already occupied. Had one of those on the meter at 85 db 200 feet away....
10/4....unless you're planning on going back to Mead in 30 days, looks like just pay the fine and get some noise restrictors at your leisure. A fiend of mine put a pair of Teague thru-transom switchable silencers on his Magic that seemed to work well with his 525. There 5inch though, not 4. "Switchable" isn't legal but they worked pretty well on the noise.

Dr. Eagle
06-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
See what we missed??????????? DAMMIT!
That's why I prefer the Norcal waterways......:D

dicudmore
06-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ducatista
10/4....unless you're planning on going back to Mead in 30 days, looks like just pay the fine and get some noise restrictors at your leisure.
I'm thinking pay the fine and leave it alone....
No AZ's on my boat yet, don't think he'd have even seen me if that didn't get his attention 1st.
Maybe down the line do up a silent choice or something....

phebus
06-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Where were people launching from on Havasu that didn't take forever? That is the down side of holiday weekends for me. Even if you go early and launch to avoid the crowds, you still have to pull off sometime. :confused:

chub
06-01-2004, 11:07 AM
We had a great weekend. Checked out all the fun spots between topock and stemboat with no issues except warm weather and cold beer. It was big weekend busy but alot of fun. The only people I seen getting hassled by LE were stupid people......Lake Lice it was like that's all they were after, oh and the guy teak surfing in the Moabi channel directly in front of the cops. Left Monday at 10:00 and was drinkin a beer in HB before 3:00. Great to meet 100+PLACE. HIGHROLLER you should stay home more often:p

syke-o
06-01-2004, 11:18 AM
i had a great time as well in havasu... get the boat on a little early and off a little early with no problems.... i left havasu on sunday and had absolutely no traffic, and enjoyed all sunday and monday chillin at home....highroller whats your address so i can send you some tissues for all your whining and crying.........:p

Ducatista
06-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by phebus
Where were people launching from on Havasu that didn't take forever? That is the down side of holiday weekends for me. Even if you go early and launch to avoid the crowds, you still have to pull off sometime. :confused:
If you were launching at the public ramps on Sat or Sun you were in for a long wait. The key is to go a day early and stay a day after, to avoid all the chaos. But you got to find a place to keep your rig on the water to make that work, like a slip or sandy beach you can access from land. Or stay in a hotel that has beach parking or slips. You could stay in a place with a private launch ramp, as long as you make reservations a year in advance. It can be done.....

unleashed
06-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Hell forget the Tissue, I think he needs a box of chocolate and a good romance novel. Maybe that will make him feel less bitchey! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

jackpunx
06-01-2004, 11:24 AM
We went to Naciamento.. Had a blast.. Its the spot for big weekends.. You can get away from the riff raff.. when you want to..
:D

HighRoller
06-01-2004, 02:31 PM
So I guess it's time to put this whole issue to rest. Answer me this Deano- If you had a daughter, would you want her acting like those girls in the pictures? Yes or no?

unleashed
06-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Highroller, These girls are just having fun and strutting there stuff in a party atmosphere. Whereas you see "Skanks"(The term you often use)I see girls letting off a little steam and being the center of attraction. They are getting there 15 minutes of stardom in front of a crowd. It was all in fun and no one was harmed in any way.
My daughter on the other hand will be armed with all the necessary tools to be able to make her own decisions when she comes of age. If that involves a little drinking during spring break and flashing someone so be it. Will I love her any less for doing it. No. Are there possible consequences of these actions, maybe but she will already be educated on those by her family and I.
I hope this clears things up for you. I just thought I'd poke a little fun at ya for being such a bitchy dude lately. I wish you nothing but the best up there in good ole Oregon.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

unleashed
06-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Unfortunatly by the time she gets of age Dave I think all the boats will be electric hybrids.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

GlastronGuy
06-01-2004, 04:13 PM
I went up to Red Bluff for the Nitro Nationals.
Stayed in an RV park, Full hooks w/ cable: $24.30 a night and didn't hear anyone outside make any noise.
Watched bp in his normally aspirated jet boat take the M/E class (22 boats) against blower boats with V drives, $40 a day for 2.
We stayed for the awards ceremony, zero traffic to get out and zero traffic to the RV park.
Left for home Monday morning, light traffic with zero slow downs.
Overall a good weekend spent with good people.

Ziggy
06-01-2004, 04:32 PM
I drove out Friday nite expecting heavy traffic...only place I had to deal with any real traffic jams was climbing the grade out of Indio with a few drag racing semi's but by the time I reached the rest stop it was back to normal speeds. Rice road was cake, no idiots passing with boats at 85mph and less cars than expected again. Felt like a normal weekend drive.
Saturday layed tile all day, had an awesome BBQ that eve.
Sunday, grouted all my tile, went to HomeDepot, dealt with the BONE HEAD at Barnicle Bills about my kids prop they sold him, checked out the scene along the waterfront(sweet!). Cleaned up my mess, and drove home that nite without a lick of traffic.
Couple buddies were out with their boats, said it was basically normal although rougher..launched early to avoid rush and pulled out a little earlier...Windsor had one other boat on ramp when he pulled out Sunday..imagine that:D
What a rough weekend. LOL:D

572Daytona
06-01-2004, 04:47 PM
I waited until today to take the boat out. Beautiful weather and hardly a boat to be seen. I spent some time over the weekend washing the boats, saw the DNR pull over a jet ski rider and a boat full of wakeboarders right in front of my dock. He let the wakeboarders go (too bad) but the jet skiier had to call a friend to come pick up his ride and he was done for the day. So all in all it was a good weekend.

mtndewdrops
06-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by phebus
We launched at 7:30 a.m. Sunday at Windsor and it took all of about 8 minutes from the back-up at the stop sign to being on the water. The rangers kept things moving.:)
We had another couple with us and spent most of the day in the south end enjoying wakeboarding, snorkeling, and some high speed cruising. It was a bit choppy, but definately worth it.
We went through the channel at 1:00 p.m. and had no incidents. We actually enjoyed the circus like atmosphere (No kids this trip). Most boaters were acting responsibly with the exception of 4 guys in a pontoon boat that kept leaving the helm to throw beads.
We retrieved our boat at 1:30 p.m. and there was only one other boat on the ramp at that time. I was back home enjoying my pool with a cold one in my hand by 2:00 p.m.:cool:
I would say that it was a pleasant experience overall.