PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

tahitijet
05-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Ok i'm closing in on getting my boat finished and had a few questions.
1. Does anyone make an electric fuel valve (to switch from left to rigth tank) that will flow enough fuel to support 2 750 double pumpers? or will i have to run manual?
2. Where can I find Marine rated wires in small rolls?
3. what are you guys using for pickup tubes in your fuel tanks? I had some copper or brass tubes with screens before but the screens were brazed on and were no good anymore.
4. Jake W might be the right person to ask directly on this question but the deck on my tahiti seems flimsy and you can see it move when you push down on it and can hear it crinkle. when you look under there is small holes all over it and appears to be a thin layer of either insulation or chopped glass (thats what you hear crinkle).
with kids and a wife i'd like to have the deck strong enough to walk and lay on. What have any of you done to reienforce the deck? and waht should i not do to avoid possibly making it to stiff and causing cracks?
thanks

BigBlockBaja
05-29-2004, 09:39 PM
on question #4
What about glassing in some vertical supports from the deck to the bottom of the hull?

American Turbine Man
05-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by tahitijet
Ok i'm closing in on getting my boat finished and had a few questions.
1. Does anyone make an electric fuel valve (to switch from left to rigth tank) that will flow enough fuel to support 2 750 double pumpers? or will i have to run manual?
3. what are you guys using for pickup tubes in your fuel tanks? I had some copper or brass tubes with screens before but the screens were brazed on and were no good anymore.
#1. Electric fuel switching valve for Chevy 1/2 Ton P/U '73-79 it will flow enough for about 600hp.
#2. https://www.delcity.net/tstore/servlet/pagebuilder?frame=catalog_browse&parentid=365&page=1
#3. Use a 1/2" copper tube. On the bottom cut a 45 deg. angle.
ATM

Oldsquirt
05-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by tahitijet
Ancor Wiring Products (http://www.ancorproducts.com/Products/Home.html)

tahitijet
05-30-2004, 11:02 PM
thanks. The motor is making 700hp. any suggestions for a fuel valves over 600hp? Currently i have one of the truck style and I was told as well it woudln't flow enough. But I really like the idea of just switching it from the seat and not fumbling around headers to do it.
thanks agian

CrdStang
05-30-2004, 11:51 PM
If all else fails, you could run two of those chevy truck valves. It'll ad redundancy to the system too, and that's never a bad thing..

tahitijet
05-31-2004, 12:29 PM
If all else fails, you could run two of those chevy truck valves. It'll ad redundancy to the system too, and that's never a bad thing..
Ya thats kinda waht i was thinking 2 of them T'd together before and after the valves to allow enough flow to feed a -8 line to 4 -6's
But if I can find a simplier cleaner approach i'd rather go that route
thanks

Jake W
05-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Tahitijet on my 77 bubble deck I had ,it had a pice of plywood under the deck that was glassed over and to the deck glass, and a pice of wood cut like a wedge down the center coming from the dash all this was glassed in.My Tahiti was laminated by hand and had no chopper gun strands like you are describing.Fiber glass cracks and pops if you push on it hard enough.I would make sure you have a center suport down the center of your deck.
Now on the Gullwing i have now, it has plywood under the deck too but has about a thousand holes drilled in to the ply wood it is a lighter lay up and the deck is still pretty ridiged.
Is the part you are describing a patch of some kind?
You can all so put vertical suports coming down from the deck to the ply floor to sturdie it up.
Every boat I have had when you are going down the water the deck will move around and flex.I had a very heavy layed up Sidewinder that was the worse about it and it had vertical brace on it and you could do jumping jacks on the deck.
Jake:D

AmericanThunder1
05-31-2004, 05:24 PM
My jet has a couple of vertical runners glassed in they start at the dash same thickness as the dash then taper back thinner the closer they get to the bow tip.
Your fuel issue I was thinking two fuel pumps one on each tank and one line on each carb. this way they drain even and maintain balance. Just a thought.