PDA

View Full Version : Dual Eaton Blowers

boaterbob
09-24-2001, 02:01 PM
Anybody have experience with theses? PFM offers it and t sounds goob...any first hand experience with them? I'm looking at a boat with a 540ci with this pkg and don't want to regret it if I buy it...

Got Boost?
09-26-2001, 09:54 PM
If you're seriously interested in this particular engine setup, make sure you test drive the boat throughly. You may want to test drive some others supercharged boats as well just to compare. Keep these things in mind when making a comparison; Throttle response, idle quality, blower noise and start-up when engine is cold. Keep in mind that this engine is fuel injected and if something isn't right, then you're going to need a professional tech to make "any" changes. Sometimes these guys are hard to come by when you need them the most.

Terrible Buddhist
09-27-2001, 06:53 AM
bergeron marine in Mesa, AZ built one...it was real cool looking, but for more info, you would have to call them.

boaterbob
10-01-2001, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the inputs... I didn't realize that Bergeron put together a similar package recently. I had Phil put together a boat for me a few years ago with stock power and was happy with the outcome....I'll give him a call and pick his brain.