PDA

View Full Version : BIG brawl in the cove

Daytona100
05-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Took the boat out sunday to Elsinore with some family and friends. Took three trips transporting everyone from elsinore west marina to the cove. On the second trip got close to the cove and saw a huge dustclowd. Pulled into cove to unload and there must have been 20 cop cars surrounding the cove. Asked my brother what was goeing on and he said there was a huge BRAWL. Even some of the dogs got involved. Cops got it under control very quickly. NOT what my parents expected to see. Some cops kinda hung out for awhile no more problems after that little bit of excitement. Other than that elsinore really isnt that bad. Had a really good time. Boat ran BITCHEN hit 80 loaded with gear and 7 people on board. Got off the water at dusk GOOD TIMES.

boatnam2
05-31-2004, 07:27 AM
i cant belive this happened again.so what was it about this time an outsider jumped a locals wake or something friggin idiots!

Daytona100
05-31-2004, 07:41 AM
Dont know what started it. I just pulled in at the end. Pretty impressed with the show of force by the police. They were there quickly and came ready. At least 20 patrol cars. I wouldnt be surprised if there was a patrol car stationed there on the weekends in the future. Or like Havasu closeing the cove on Holiday weekends. As usual a few jackasses ruining it for everyone else. Lets be careful have fun and watch out for the jackasses out there.

FRENCHIE
05-31-2004, 09:15 AM
wow did not see that one!:rolleyes:

LASERRAY
05-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Freakin' Raider Fans!:yuk: :D

Kilrtoy
05-31-2004, 09:26 AM
Freakin' Raider Fans!
Why they have to be raider fans,
I think they were FAKERS fans.
OOPPPSSS,
same thing

PlayTime
05-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Up untill this month there was never any problems there. Hope this is the last. I enjoy elsinore and I hate to see those few mess it up. Like daytona100 said lets hope they dont start closing it on the big holidays.

phebus
05-31-2004, 10:15 AM
I think that it was just the crowd rushing to get a look at Frenchies new boat. :D

Elsinore Cop
05-31-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi folks. Back by popular demand after last years transfer, here on O.T. Sunday and Monday. We had some police boats in the cove and had to go to the other end when a boat caught fire at the launch ramp. It burned completely and 4 people went to the hospital with minor to moderate burns, including a 5 year old child.
While we were investigating, a call came in regarding a fight in the cove. Due to the past incident, and the fact that the circumstances were exaggerated by someone who called 9-1-1, we inserted 12 deputies by car and 4 by boat.
The fight was over someone's pitbull peeing on someone elses blanket, towel, and chair. The dog owners crew had been drinking and were m-f'ing several people, and were promptly pummelled. There were no weapons involved and injuries were limited to a couple minor scratches and cuts.
The bottom line is that alcohol was involved and poor judgement ensued. Sunday is usually the busiest day on Memorial weekend. This was the only fight at the lake that I know of.
I will be back out there this afternoon. Say hi if you see me out there and please waive with all of your fingers.:D

slink
05-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Elsinore Cop, Any one get 15'd ? BTW I heard a rumor that Elwell got promoted to Sgt. down there. You know if its true or not?

Elsinore Cop
05-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Susps were GOA, no one went to jail from the fight. Yes, he made Sgt. back in January and he is back at Lake Elsinore Station.

Daytona100
05-31-2004, 11:12 AM
WHATS GOA?

slink
05-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Elsinore Cop, Thanks for the info. If u happen to see him tell him Jeff (C.P.D RSO118th) said congrats. Daytona 100 G.O.A is cop talk for Gone On Arrival. Means they hightailed out before the cops showed up.

gigamurph
05-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Elsinore Cop
Hi folks. Back by popular demand after last years transfer, here on O.T. Sunday and Monday. We had some police boats in the cove and had to go to the other end when a boat caught fire at the launch ramp. It burned completely and 4 people went to the hospital with minor to moderate burns, including a 5 year old child.
While we were investigating, a call came in regarding a fight in the cove. Due to the past incident, and the fact that the circumstances were exaggerated by someone who called 9-1-1, we inserted 12 deputies by car and 4 by boat.
The fight was over someone's pitbull peeing on someone elses blanket, towel, and chair. The dog owners crew had been drinking and were m-f'ing several people, and were promptly pummelled. There were no weapons involved and injuries were limited to a couple minor scratches and cuts.
The bottom line is that alcohol was involved and poor judgement ensued. Sunday is usually the busiest day on Memorial weekend. This was the only fight at the lake that I know of.
I will be back out there this afternoon. Say hi if you see me out there and please waive with all of your fingers.:D Thanx for the info EC! Helps to keep the rumors to a minimum. Who knows; if ya hadn't chimed in, the next thing we could've heard was that the brawl was over suspected WMDs or an Elvis sightin'! Glad to "read" ya again and welcome back (da gig says as he waves WITH ALL FOUR FINGERS AND THUMB EXTENDED)!:D

Ntwotrance
05-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Just got back, and have to tell you EC, you guys were on the ball today...good job, and thanks. :D

boatnam2
05-31-2004, 03:40 PM
frigging dog was probaly a local and just marking his spot.

Buff
05-31-2004, 07:46 PM
No doubt I'm stepping on a few guys toes here but I have to say I do not get the need for guys to own dogs that are mean or present the potential to be so. Pit Bulls and etc. have a serious history of mauling kids and old people. Why do you guys own these dogs? Why put the innocent at risk? I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Buff

WUTWZAT
05-31-2004, 07:49 PM
I bet the dog was a local and a Raiders fan to boot. I was out Monday with NT and you guys, Lake Elsinore Patrol, were doing a great job and keeping everything going smoothly. If only you could control the chop out there. Thanks again for the info before the rumor mill blew it out. I saw no real problems today (Monday) and will be back in the future.
Thanks again

shueman
05-31-2004, 08:51 PM
We also want to say thanks to EC.
We launched at Elsinore around 7a Monday, did some "boardin" til 10, then hit the cove for a breather. Saw the patrol boat and the lice come through. NICE...!!
Made a few more runs and hit the trailer about 12:30p. It did get prettty bumpy out there from the boat traffic, but not over-whelming. Very little wind.
We'll be back as well. GREAT (1/2) DAY AT THE LAKE..!!

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for going out there and stirring up the water...;)

repo man
05-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Buff
No doubt I'm stepping on a few guys toes here but I have to say I do not get the need for guys to own dogs that are mean or present the potential to be so. Pit Bulls and etc. have a serious history of mauling kids and old people. Why do you guys own these dogs? Why put the innocent at risk? I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Buff i bet more people get killed a year by boats than by pitbulls, so why do you own a boat.how could you take sutch a risk letting your kids ride in a boat?

dmontzsta
05-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
Just got back, and have to tell you EC, you guys were on the ball today...good job, and thanks. :D
Yeah, there were lots of cops out today. They didnt have much to do most of the day.

Tyson Ross
06-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Go ahead and own a mean dog but at least put it on a leash. Short leash even better.

WUTWZAT
06-01-2004, 04:54 AM
Nobody said the dog was mean or vicous, just that it had to pee. This is how people start adding to the story and blow it out of proportion. Next thing you know they'll say the dog ripped somebodies leg off and started beating them with it. :confused:

Seadog
06-01-2004, 06:25 AM
Pit Bulls may tend to be more aggressive, but it does not have to be so. My SIL has a pit bull that is the biggest wuse ever. Poor breeding practices and even poorer training practices are usually responsible for most of the problems. IMHO the husky is probably the most dangerous breed by nature. Even those who are trained properly have a tendency to get more aggressively territorial as they age.
No matter what the breed, you do not let a dog loose in a crowd. Children can do stupid things around dogs and a dog will instictively defend himself. He does not think "Hey, its a kid and he has parents with lawyers" Its "You hurt me, I hurt you".

repo man
06-01-2004, 10:58 AM
i love pitbulls.i'm the guy people bring stray to and i try to find them a home. i've taken some ultra agresive ones straight to the pound and had them put to sleep. the problem is that a pitbull doesn't bite anymore than any other breed, but when they do it tends to be alot worse. pitbulls also have become so popular they seem to out number other dogs. they arn't bad dogs they often have bad owners and that tends more to be the problem. do these two really look like bloodthirsty killers?

syke-o
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
No doubt I'm stepping on a few guys toes here but I have to say I do not get the need for guys to own dogs that are mean or present the potential to be so. Pit Bulls and etc. have a serious history of mauling kids and old people. Why do you guys own these dogs? Why put the innocent at risk? I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Buff
they are actually great dogs... it all depends on how a dog is raised... i have a staffordshire bull terrier which is basically the english version of the pit bull and he is an awesome dog who gets along with other dogs and everyone he meets.... i took him to school as a puppy and to the dog park everyweekend when he was young to be comfortable around other dogs....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/197197DCP_0950-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/197DCP_1368-med.JPG

BrendellaJet
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Buff, You are misinformed. We are all dumber for having read your post. Please educate yourself before you go making a fool of yourself on a global platform such as this.
As a pitbull owner(I have 2 females), I receive my fare share of dirty looks and comments such as those made by our resident genius Buff. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know that Pitbulls are FAR more tolerant than the majority of dogs out there.
Pit bulls have long been considered to be an ideal family pet, and are recommended to this day by the American Kennel Club The American Kennel Club (or A.K.C.)The American Canine Temperament Testing Association rates Pit bulls as having a 95% passing rate on temperament tests, as opposed to 77% for all breeds in general. Pit bull proponents claim that the aggressive personality traits present in some pit bulls (and many other dogs) can be subdued through proper training and owner supervision of the pit bull.
Ever notice when a small breed dog(any terrier) walks by a larger dog, it goes ape shit-people think that is funny. That same passive behavior goes uncorrected in all types of dogs and is the reason for dogs reacting in a negative way-hence the generalization that Pit Bulls(and all bull terrier breeds for that matter) are dangerous. The problem is that people buy the dog because they look tough, and dont do anything to curtail bad attitudes and reactions to nonthreatening stumulus. All dogs are capable of doing the same amount of damage relative to their size and strength. Its the dogs owner that must bear responsibility to take corrective action.
While it is true that Bull Terrier Breeds(not Pit Bulls-they are an american creation) have been bred to kill. They are strong, tenacious, courageous and brave. They have a high pain threshold which makes them good at what they were originally intended. Because Pit Bulls are related to the terriers, they inherantly pick up these traits.
That does not mean that they dont make good pets. Infact, they make excellent pets. My dogs strive to please me all the time. They are well behaved, loyal and listen better than my wife. This is a breed that is capable of doing damage, and I am aware of that. All dogs are. Mine are well trained and surprise everyone who comes into contact with them for more than a minute. They are super friendly and just want to be loved.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/212100_0132-med.JPG
Punish the deed, not the breed.

THATJEFFGUY
06-01-2004, 12:02 PM
I have a 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier and she is the best breed I have ever owned. She is very well trained, extremely smart, and always very playful... and also protective of the wife & kids. Other dogs come by the house and all she wants to do is play. She is so calm, that I can barely even get her to bark.

Sleek-Jet
06-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by repo man
i bet more people get killed a year by boats than by pitbulls...
True, but Pit Bulls make for better copy in the newspaper, so you hear more about them. As they say, "If it bleeds, it leads".

repo man
06-01-2004, 12:05 PM
hey brendellajet that's a gooooood looking female .

BrendellaJet
06-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by repo man
hey brendellajet that's a gooooood looking female .
Thanks, Ill try to get a pic of the other up too. Shes a staffordshire, but she gets lumped in with the pits because shes so ripped...

SoCalHD
06-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I would just like to echo the thoughts/comments of those that are informed on the subject of these dogs. I did quite a bit of research before my wife and I adopted a friends Pit that he could no longer care for. Our 90lb "baby" is going to be 10 next month-just a week after my B-day!! He is male, all black(would show a picture but am computer inept) and loves to do nothing more than play, be with us, and go for boat rides. We have now had him for almost 3 years. I was amazed at the FACTS I found when researching the breed. It is truely amazing the differences between what the media says about these dogs, and what the truth is. We do hear about these evil dogs doing bad things, but what your local news so casually omits is the fact that some of these dogs are not even pure bred pits, have been beaten or starved by their "owners", and have have received little to no training. The pit will get more attention for biting someone than a golden retriver-which by the way- IS more likely to bite you!

dmontzsta
06-01-2004, 01:14 PM
When I was 6 mos old my parents bought a full blooded fawn and brendle red nose american pitbull teriory with white chest and paws. He grew up with me until I was 13 years old. That dog did everything to protect us on many of ocassions, to pulling us kids around in a wagon, best damn dog.
It is all about how you raise them.
You can make a poodle mean if it is raised wrong.

Ntwotrance
06-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SoCalHD
I would just like to echo the thoughts/comments of those that are informed on the subject of these dogs. I did quite a bit of research before my wife and I adopted a friends Pit that he could no longer care for. Our 90lb "baby" is going to be 10 next month-just a week after my B-day!! He is male, all black(would show a picture but am computer inept) and loves to do nothing more than play, be with us, and go for boat rides. We have now had him for almost 3 years. I was amazed at the FACTS I found when researching the breed. It is truely amazing the differences between what the media says about these dogs, and what the truth is. We do hear about these evil dogs doing bad things, but what your local news so casually omits is the fact that some of these dogs are not even pure bred pits, have been beaten or starved by their "owners", and have have received little to no training. The pit will get more attention for biting someone than a golden retriver-which by the way- IS more likely to bite you!
The media doesn't tell the truth:confused: :confused: , sorry, couldn't resist. It is true, it is how the dog is raised REGARDLESS of breed. I trained quite a few dogs in my time, and have also seen the results of dogs that have been not only mistreated, but also neglected. Dogs have to feel like they are part of the "pact" (your family), and if given that feeling, they will protect you, and do learn to socialize better with other dogs. Ok, jumping off my soapbox now, could go on and on right now, but my boss is here trying to talk to me and I'm paying little/no attention to what the heck he's saying, so have to re-focus...

jackpunx
06-01-2004, 01:25 PM
they have the same smile
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/197197DCP_0950-med.jpg

dmontzsta
06-01-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
The media doesn't tell the truth:confused: :confused: , sorry, couldn't resist. It is true, it is how the dog is raised REGARDLESS of breed. I trained quite a few dogs in my time, and have also seen the results of dogs that have been not only mistreated, but also neglected. Dogs have to feel like they are part of the "pact" (your family), and if given that feeling, they will protect you, and do learn to socialize better with other dogs. Ok, jumping off my soapbox now, could go on and on right now, but my boss is here trying to talk to me and I'm paying little/no attention to what the heck he's saying, so have to re-focus...
ahahahahaha. Tell him to hold on, you are browsing the forums and seeing what people are talking about today.

jackpunx
06-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Yea.. Mines vicious too:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943Me_and_Sarah-med.jpg

Ntwotrance
06-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
ahahahahaha. Tell him to hold on, you are browsing the forums and seeing what people are talking about today.
I tried that once before with him....right after that, they put up filters to try to keep me off line...hahaha...so, I do have to close the screen from time to time so they don't know that I figured out a way around the filters....

BrendellaJet
06-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
1 was my neighbors pitbull, which incidentally is an ex fight dog that he found and nursed back to health.. which incidentally I don't agree with keeping that thing as a pet becuase it's meaner then shit and always manages to get loose at the most innoportune times. (I hate that ****ing dog) RD
All bets are off when the dog has been abused.
Mine in the pic above was actually an abused dog. A friend of mine adopted her from the shelter when she was one. She was deathly afraid of men at the time. A year later I got her and was sure I could get her back to normal(friend didn't have a lot of success with her). After two years and a lot of work, she still aint right. She is still spooked very easily, and doesn't like people to come up behind her at all. I think I got lucky with her though, because she is truly disinterested in just about everything except for food and tummy rubs. My hard work has paid off though. She is a completely different dog now then she was back then. Nobody in her old family can beleive the changes I've made with her. But you have to be careful with these dogs. If buying a puppy, I say go for it. If buying someone elses problem, spend a little time with the dog and get to know it before you take it, and make sure you understand the amount of work involved with breaking bad habits and behaviors.

KustomKlassics
06-01-2004, 07:19 PM
BrendellaJet,
Your response to Buff's post was excelent. Well informed, accurate and to the point. I'm a long time pitbull owner and love the breed. They are a strong, athletic, courageous, loyal breed.
I did alot of research on the breed before we bought our first one. Human agression in this breed is not just uncommon, its not normal. When you understand that the breeds natural inclination is to be animal agressive, it isn't hard to nip it in the bud early on.
My boy is 96lbs of pure muscle. 26" head, UKC Purple Ribbon bred, ATTS certified 100% pit bull. Great with people, very gentle with kids, and gets along great with just about all animals.

plaster dave
06-01-2004, 10:58 PM
its the same with kids, show me an ass hole kid and i'll show you an ass hole parent. all dogs are great if you train them.