PDA

View Full Version : Dmso

Jbb
04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
anybody ever use it...with success?

buzzaro
04-03-2006, 01:59 PM
I had a buddy that used it on his knees. Wait, on people or horses or what? Did you taste garlic?

Jbb
04-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I hurt an achilles a few months ago....and have been hobbling around like an old man since....partial tear...they wont use cortisonne.....rest aint doing it....one of the witch doctors at work :p ...gave me a bottle ...put some on my heel.....the taste in my mouth is horrible..... :220v: ....just wondering if anybody has had good results...

buzzaro
04-03-2006, 02:13 PM
my friend used it for years on bad knees (dont know the extent of the "badness" ) when backpacking or athletic stuff to relieve pain, seemed to work for him......no cancer yet :skull:

moneypit
04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Di-methyl Sulfoxide.
Not your best treatment available. I used it back in the eighties for an arm injury i got throwing the football.

Froggystyle
04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Obviously you are kidding about tasting it, but I have used it to great success with a variety of bad soft tissue damage. I used it exclusively during rehab until I found this other product called "Sombra" from my chiropractor. http://www.ithacasports.com/sombra.html
It works even better, with a better duration of the relief.
Two other things... one is called "Coral Calcium" or "Colloidial Calcium". Both are basically the same thing, concentrated minerals that help soft tissue damage. When I got a bone scan to measure uptake of white blood cells on my completely thrashed left foot after the parachute accident, they stated that they had never seen that type of uptake. It was just glowing with the minerals. Cut my recovery about in half.
Last item is contrast baths. One 5 gallon bucket full of the hottest water you can stand, and the other with a bucket full of ice, then filled with water. Meaning... frigid damn cold. One minute in the cold, one minute in the hot. The cold constricts your tissues and squeezes toxins and impurities out, the hot opens up the vessels and draws white blood cells and repair minerals in. Repeat for 20 minutes twice a day.
My damage was a completely torn Plantar Fascia ligament, with a broken Calcaneous, three spiral fractured Metatarsals and literally every ligament on the outside of my foot just gone. The surgery was nearly 4 hours to repair it, and I ended up with more than 20 pieces of titanium in my foot. X-Rays look like a Home Depot sale rack. I am now back to being active and even running a little bit. The two items I mentioned work well, and you would do well to heed the advice.
PM me if you have any specific questions...
Wes

Mrs.Racer277
04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I also used it back in the 80's for tennis elbow, seemed to work good.

buzzaro
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Obviously you are kidding about tasting it,
Wes
Nope, not kidding about the taste, put it on your skin and you get a really nasty garlic taste in your mouth.....freaky

Jbb
04-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Obviously you are kidding about tasting it
Wes
No ....not kidding.......within 15 minutes of applying it to the back of my ankle...I had the most awful taste in my mouth.....The guy at work said it is quite normal....?
Thanks for the tips..... I will try them... :rollside:

Mustang Shorty
04-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I used it back in the 80's also. My chiropractor suggested it. He also said only apply it to a perfectly clean area and cut it with aloe to reduce irritation.
Alan

Dave C
04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
LOL, Froggy was probably under the impression that you put your foot in your mouth... LOL ;)
No ....not kidding.......within 15 minutes of applying it to the back of my ankle...I had the most awful taste in my mouth.....The guy at work said it is quite normal....?
Thanks for the tips..... I will try them... :rollside:

Jbb
04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
LOL, Froggy was probably under the impression that you put your foot in your mouth... LOL ;)
I have done that a time or two... :p
But not this morning.... :wink:

Tom Brown
04-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I use it on my penis. It reduces the swelling, however, repeated application is required.

yeehaw
04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
It tastes pretty bad and didn't work too good for me. I use this stuff from Dr. Hoy http://www.drhoys.com/. I live down the street from the guy and he gave me a bottle to try. Works real good and is not designed for horses :)

moneypit
04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I use it on my penis. It reduces the swelling, however, repeated application is required.
Does it leave a garlic taste Tom?

Cheyenne372
04-04-2006, 03:04 AM
I own a feed store and sell LOTS of it for just what you are talking about.
If you don't like the taste in your mouth, you might try Absorbine Linament Gel. It is spearmint scented and we sell lots of it also.
Also might check out Equi-Block. It's expensive but works good to relieve the pain.

ROZ
04-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Does it leave a garlic taste Tom? Why, did he put his penis in his mouth? Then man is part wolf, you know..
:D

ROZ
04-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Also might check out Equi-Block. It's expensive but works good to relieve the pain.
CAn Tom rub it on his penis?

Legal Chemistry
04-04-2006, 11:18 AM
DMSO, is some shady stuff to put on your body. This stuff goes right through your skin and lipid bi-layer and can transport anything on the surface with it. Back in the day we used to put a couple mg's of pure caffeine and a drop of DMSO on the palm and get the instant "strong cup of coffee" feeling. Use caution with the stuff -anything on your skin will transport right to your capillaries and bloodstream (ie. oil, sunscreen, soap, etc) The taste in your mouth is probably free sulfhydrl groups (?) coming in from your bloodstream.