PDA

View Full Version : summit push lock fittings ???

fullwood
05-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Has anybody had any problem with the summit an fittings that are for push lock hose, they look allright and are alot more affordable!!

Sleek-Jet
05-31-2004, 12:32 PM
They are made by Goodridge and are pretty good stuff. I've bought some fittings and hose from GoFastRacer (He's a Goodridge dealer), and been very pleased.

FOURQ
05-31-2004, 06:33 PM
superdave013 sells an fittings at great prices too pm him he will hook u up!

superdave013
06-02-2004, 12:51 PM
I myself wouldn't use the push on fittings on anything that had any pressure.
I don't stock push on's but if you give me a chance I would like to quote your plumbing system with re-usable compression fittings and s.s. braided hose. You might be supprised at the cost.
I have them in the standard red / blue and also in Polished nickel.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9The_Dutch_Treat-med.JPG

GofastRacer
06-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
I myself wouldn't use the push on fittings on anything that had any pressure.
I don't stock push on's but if you give me a chance I would like to quote your plumbing system with re-usable compression fittings and s.s. braided hose. You might be supprised at the cost.
I have them in the standard red / blue and also in Polished nickel.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9The_Dutch_Treat-med.JPG
The pushlock is rated at 250lbs with a burst pressure of 1000lbs pressure!.;)

superdave013
06-02-2004, 04:26 PM
I hear ya Gofast. I read that too, but then I see guys come on here and talk about them comming apart. If I remember right they were Earls brand on oil lines going to turbos.
I donno, I can get those things dirt cheep but just can't bring myself to order them. BTW, the guy that makes my stuff is also making lots of stuff for Goodridge.

schiadadrivbyu
06-02-2004, 05:01 PM
I had good luck with them so far. The first motor i used it on was a blower motor and all was well. I've even used it on racing applications where alchohal is being used and still no prob's. The one thing that i did invest in is the stainless clamps and special tool that goes along with it.
I do agree that it should'nt be used for everything... such as steering and high pressure things like that. Good luck!

GofastRacer
06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
I hear ya Gofast. I read that too, but then I see guys come on here and talk about them comming apart. If I remember right they were Earls brand on oil lines going to turbos.
I donno, I can get those things dirt cheep but just can't bring myself to order them. BTW, the guy that makes my stuff is also making lots of stuff for Goodridge.
Well NHRA approved it in the sportsman classes for fuel and water but only Goodridge and one other(forgot who it is)one is legal. I tried pulling a hose off a fitting and there is no way it will come off and besides what would you have on a boat in water and fuel or oil that you would have 250lbs pressure??:rolleyes:
BTW, I've seen it on sprint car motors with dry sump systems!..:)

GofastRacer
06-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by schiadadrivbyu
I had good luck with them so far. The first motor i used it on was a blower motor and all was well. I've even used it on racing applications where alchohal is being used and still no prob's. The one thing that i did invest in is the stainless clamps and special tool that goes along with it.
I do agree that it should'nt be used for everything... such as steering and high pressure things like that. Good luck!
Pushlock does not use clamps and a tool, they just slip on but you have to use pushlock fittings!. You are right, it is not for use with high pressure hydraulic systems!...

superdave013
06-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Well Gofast, I guess I should take another look at them sometime soon.
I hope fullwood gives you the sale over scummit.

GofastRacer
06-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Well Gofast, I guess I should take another look at them sometime soon.
I hope fullwood gives you the sale over scummit.
Hey just like anything else, there's a lot of junk out there!..:D

Rexone
06-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Push locs work good. The biggest problem I've seen with them is people cheaping out and using non push-loc hose with them. Not good in that scenario. We've had no problem with them using the blue XRP hose that is designed for use with push-loc.