PDA

View Full Version : the movie "the days after tomorrow"

spectras only
05-31-2004, 04:03 PM
My 15 year old dragged me to the theater to see me this cheesy movie with a lot of special effects and doom and gloom:D .The part I thought was pretty hilarious when american citizens were crossing the border to mexico, becoming illegal aliens and find refuge :D :D :D . See what you guys think of this movie;) .

Kilrtoy
05-31-2004, 04:09 PM
The part I thought was pretty hilarious when american citizens were crossing the border to mexico, becoming illegal aliens and find refuge
That is pretty funny
:D

Rod-64
05-31-2004, 05:07 PM
With all the bad reviews, I may wait for the DVD.

FMluvswater
05-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Depending who is doing the reviews I don't listen to them. Critics hated Armageddon and that is one of my very favorite movies. :)
I might just go see it in the theatre simply because some special effects are just unimpressive on the small screen e.g. Jurassic Park (I still refuse to watch it on small screen - saw it in the theatre 8 times though! :D )

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Rod-64
With all the bad reviews, I may wait for the DVD.
I am not paying good money to see a cheesy movie with an agenda.... lame! I may catch it when it shows up on HBO or Showtime...

spectras only
05-31-2004, 06:41 PM
If you guys haven't seen it yet , I'll recommend to rent this Irish movie called "Waking Ned's divine" [comedy].No special effects, just plain divine and substance.

mud duck
05-31-2004, 07:54 PM
I saw this movie this weekend (The Day After Tomorrow) and I was actually laughing out loud when they showed people crossing the Rio Grand "illegally" into Mexico because they had closed the boarder. Then later they explained that the Mexican government again began allowing US citizens to enter Mexico because the US had eliminated all past debt owed by the Mexican government. It was kind of funny.
If we chose to invade Mexico due to some catastrophe, what would they have for defense? :D

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by mud duck
If we chose to invade Mexico due to some catastrophe, what would they have for defense? :D
Probably the same stuff they used in the last war between the US and Mexico.....:p

gigamurph
05-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Saw it last Friday and I think it safe to say that you won't be missin' out if ya wait for the DVD to come out; THEN RENT IT! It may be worth $3 or $4. It damn sure wasn't worth the $36 I spent for four of us to see it! The Mexican border shtick was classic. Could have been a good movie if they had gotten some other F/X guys instead of the ones that did 'em for "The Wizard of Oz". Cheesy; extremely cheesy!:(

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by gigamurph
Saw it last Friday and I think it safe to say that you won't be missin' out if ya wait for the DVD to come out; THEN RENT IT! It may be worth $3 or $4. It damn sure wasn't worth the $36 I spent for four of us to see it! The Mexican border shtick was classic. Could have been a good movie if they had gotten some other F/X guys instead of the ones that did 'em for "The Wizard of Oz". Cheesy; extremely cheesy!:(
Classic Liberal Media crap. Turnaround... the Americans are now the Illegal Aliens in Mexico. See now Americans... How would YOU feel????
Environmental Catastrophe... From CARS??????????
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

LASERRAY
05-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Classic Liberal Media crap. Turnaround... the Americans are now the Illegal Aliens in Mexico. See now Americans... How would YOU feel????
Environmental Catastrophe... From CARS??????????
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:mad: No shiznit! Focking Democrats, trying to make us feel inferior.

FMluvswater
05-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by spectras only
If you guys haven't seen it yet , I'll recommend to rent this Irish movie called "Waking Ned's divine" [comedy].No special effects, just plain divine and substance.
I agree spectras only, Waking Ned Devine was a wonderful movie. Very funny and just plain good. :D

cdog
05-31-2004, 10:00 PM
I saw the movie on Sunday night with my wife. The mexico thing was really funny and made me think. Why don't we give them California in trade for Mexico. A house in Cancun would be bitchin.

rvrpig
05-31-2004, 10:37 PM
What nobody mentioned was how the father walked to NewYork....He walked from DC to New York....then Y did he walk past the Statue of Liberty.....isnt that out in the Atlantic...did they take the long way around?

MoparSanger
06-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by rvrpig
What nobody mentioned was how the father walked to NewYork....He walked from DC to New York....then Y did he walk past the Statue of Liberty.....isnt that out in the Atlantic...did they take the long way around?
I was thinking the same thing?

FMluvswater
06-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Okay well yesterday I went and saw The Day After Tomorrow. Cool special effects. There were even I think two lines that made me chuckle. :rolleyes: :D I'd be more interested in seeing "the making of" to find out how they did the effects. I didn't hate the movie or feel cheated out of my money. Big screen for a movie like that is about the only thing that makes it worth watching. :)
Saw Mean Girls yesterday too. That one was quite amusing. :)

AZKC
06-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
No shiznit! Focking Democrats, trying to make us feel inferior.
So did it work;)

Cheap Thrills
06-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
No shiznit! Focking Democrats, trying to make us feel inferior.
Just another example of "The Man" trying to keep a brother down . :D
C.T. :wink:http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1127PDVD_004.BMP