PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

wrightnow
05-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Was doing some hardware tuning this morning out at the river (by the way had a great time for those you who choose to stay home)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000speedpass.jpg
Ended up with this...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000gps-med.jpg
And then at the end of the pass saw water on the floor and found this...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1000blown.jpg
Not sure if this was because the cover needed to be tighter or too much bowl presser...What do you guys think?
Beside the seal bown out I 'm very happy with the boat and DNE's work with the motor, It was turn key all weekend.....

HBjet
05-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Looks Good!
(BTW, that photo wasn't the 105mph run. Just for the camera)
HBjet

Squirtcha?
05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Way ta go Mark. The boat looks to be riding high n dry! I'm either gonna have to get really busy, or quit trying.
Oh yeah, here's a fix you can try for that o ring spittin problem. Back your horsepower down by a couple hundred.................

Hustler
05-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Awsome numbers Mark, maybe a gauge for bowl pressure is in order:D

victorfb
06-01-2004, 12:49 AM
now thats just scary fast. :p awsome job man. hope you get the seal thing figured out.

MudPumper
06-01-2004, 06:46 AM
Congrats on the numbers Mark!!!! Sorry I never met up with you guys this weekend. I broke a motor mount on Friday so the boat was DONE. Then on Sat I think I broke my foot so I was DONE. Going to the DR. today for some x-rays

Hustler
06-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Congrats on the numbers Mark!!!! Sorry I never met up with you guys this weekend. I broke a motor mount on Friday so the boat was DONE. Then on Sat I think I broke my foot so I was DONE. Going to the DR. today for some x-rays
WOW!! sounds like you had as good a weekend as Candi:D

MudPumper
06-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Hustler
WOW!! sounds like you had as good a weekend as Candi:D
Candi broke a motor mount too???????:D

MAXIMUS
06-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Very nice... I doubt that bowl psi was the problem. That o ring can & will handle a tone of psi! Probably not in the grove when the cover was installed???:)

hack job
06-01-2004, 07:49 AM
mark the boat looks like a perfect set. call jack and he will set you straight and give you the low down.;)

cyclone
06-01-2004, 08:00 AM
next time put on a jacket. seriously the boat looks/runs incredibly. congrats dude!:)

HotHallet
06-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Boat looks rad Mark! 105 is smokin'! Keep it safe out there!

bp
06-01-2004, 09:01 AM
mark, the ride looks great. mebbe you could bring it to ming and we could play???:cool:
as far as the o'ring, it has nothing to do with bowl pressure. that's on the suction side, and may have something to do with suction pressure. you'll need to pull the transom adapter and get it squared away.
my dne power and mpd pump worked well all weekend too, just like it always does :D :D :D

Big Proppa
06-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Congratulations on your recod best. Wished I could have been there to see it in person.

roostwear
06-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Sure isn't for my boat, but I'd trade with you in a heartbeat! Congratulations. As far as the o-ring, it sure looks like your intake pressurized an blew the o-ring out. Out of curiosity, are you running a jet-a-way? (sic?)

Taylorman
06-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
I'm either gonna have to get really busy, or quit trying.
Confucius say cut that impeller for more rpm.

wrightnow
06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks Guys, I got just what I payed for this weekend, one quick boat thanks to MPD for the pump work and a turn key every time DNE motor that runs hard.
Way ta go Mark. The boat looks to be riding high n dry! I'm either gonna have to get really busy, or quit trying.
Squirtcha - you better get really busy cause you know I'm not the top dog our there either. :) :)
Mudpumper - Wonder what happened to you this weekend, hope everything works out all right. But you didnt miss anything at lost lake this weekend there where no races at all.
Maximas - I going to talk to Jack at MPD today after I remove the cover and have a look, but I want to agree with you that maybe I didn't install the seal right.
Cyclone - I know I need get in the habit of putting a jacket on, no more runs without it.
HotHallet - thank and so when do we get to see your run?
bp - The word is you had a killer weekend also with your sleeper congrads. But you will see me at Ming later in the year so we can play, just be kind :D :D
Big Proppa, You should of been there, so are you tried of paying rent yet without showing up? How long until Dave's done with your carbs?
Roostwear, no jet-a-way maybe next year, I'm still not sure it will keep you from exiting the boat at hight speeds yet. I know it will help, but I believe if the motor stop your exiting no matter what.
Oh by the way there was TWO v-drives that would not line up next to me this weekend, one just waved me off and the other call me out by coming by my dock and waving for me to come on out to play wearing his lifeline jacket and all and when I did he ran to his dock, I stop by his dock but he just wanted no part of me...What's up with that.....
BTW the v-drive that called me out was all red and I know he was up at the Billy B's event, not sure what hull it was you know they all all look alike to me...lol:wink:
Mark

flat broke
06-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Mark,
Sounds like its time for us to invest in a group racepack or quickdata package. It would be interesting to see what your intake presure looked like before that seal blew. I'm going to go with Maxi though and say that a properly installed O-ring should have been able to withstand more pressure than you probably had in the suction housing. The only suck ass part of it is pulling that transom adapter out and having to re-seal the whole thing after you're done.
The boat looks like its running hard, and the set looks pretty clean to me. If you want, I can bring by a crap load of CP pics from ming for you to compare with your picture/situation. Ditto what Mike said about the Jacket AND helmet when you're running those speeds. The jacket alone won't do much good besides help everyone find the body unless you're wearing the helmet too.
Chris

jerry billet
06-01-2004, 01:43 PM
With the speeds your running, and the attidude, I'd bet intake pressure. It may be the suction side, but if you runn a little extra shoe, you will get the pressure, Most lkely when you backed off the throttle, or maybe you flew it once or twice. The jolt is enouph to blow that o-ring. I've had the problem on an Agressor. Actually broke the ears off of two of them. Made a top plate of 1/2 " alum and bolted in place, then broke the bolts. (grage 8). What you really need is a pop off or jetaway to cure this, Safety is now the concern.
Jerry

bp
06-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by wrightnow
bp - The word is you had a killer weekend also with your sleeper congrads. But you will see me at Ming later in the year so we can play, just be kind :D :D
Mark
lol, be kind? mark mark mark, everybody knows i'm the kindest guy around :D
yes, my weekend was excellent, and thanks for the congrats, but this is your thread, and from the looks of that pic, you're workin' it.
you know, if someone sees that thing going by like that, you're probably not gonna be able to pull 'em off the beach with a crane. make sure you ask 'em how fast theirs is first, then tell 'em yours is 5mph slower (even downhill). then, don't spank 'em real bad, just pull 'em by a couple feet, and afterwards just say "wow, this thing never went so fast; i dunno how that happened". now that ya got a hot boat, you gotta take some precautions, else it'll just be you and roy orbison sittin in the river singin' "only the lonely"..... :cool:

djdtpr
06-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey Mark look's great man.We will have to hook up this year and see that thing in person and maybe kill a few brewskis at the catfish.

Hustler
06-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Holy Crap!! I thought you fell off the planet or something??:D

HBjet
06-01-2004, 03:55 PM
HolyCrap is right!
HBjet

wrightnow
06-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Chris, I like your idea about a group quickdata package I'm in. But I hope you all are right about the o-ring not installed right. I talked to Jack and he says it should of held the pressure. He want's me to check to make sure the cover set flat, so I will check that tonight.
As for how the boat is riding, I going to push the nose down a little (per Jack, he say the pics).
I agree a jacket and helmet has become a must, I should have this handle this week.
JB - I wish I had done the jet-away route but I'm still not hearing anyone say it will keep me in the boat.
bp - yes we know your the kindes guy around until you take a seat in your boat as eveyone knows from this last weekend. I dont think there will be any trouble finding boats to line-up with, too many DNE and MPD customer running around in our camp...lol
djdplacecraft - all I can say is HolCrap!!! ...lol Catfish here we come..
Mark

Give Me Some Slack
06-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Looked great out there! I agree with the idea of a jacket and maybe a helment. I hope you get everything fixed perfect so it is a turn-key all summer. It was great to see all the boats that we had out there with us run great! It was too bad that some of the other guys couldn't make it. They missed out.

American Turbine Man
06-01-2004, 09:32 PM
With over 1250 lbs of force on those little 5/16" eyebolts they are probably stretching when you let off. I would add a 1/2" 6061-T6 plate to the top and use our 3/8" eyebolts.
ATM

Roland the Fisherman
06-02-2004, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wrightnow
[B]Thanks Guys, I got just what I payed for this weekend, one quick boat thanks to MPD for the pump work and a turn key every time DNE motor that runs hard.
But you didnt miss anything at lost lake this weekend there where no races at all.
That was'nt my falt. I waited out there for you guys to give me a good old "LAKE" jet boat thrash'en and only one Place Craft came out. :confused:
(It was good meeting you wrightnow, nice boat)
Roland :)

Johnwithjm
06-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Roland the Fisherman
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wrightnow
[B]Thanks Guys, I got just what I payed for this weekend, one quick boat thanks to MPD for the pump work and a turn key every time DNE motor that runs hard.
But you didnt miss anything at lost lake this weekend there where no races at all.
That was'nt my falt. I waited out there for you guys to give me a good old "LAKE" jet boat thrash'en and only one Place Craft came out. :confused:
Roland :) Just be glad that was the only boat that came out Roland. Your ride was out of control:D

Roland the Fisherman
06-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Johnwithjm
Just be glad that was the only boat that came out Roland. Your ride was out of control:D
John, TFH's ..... fishing boats on alcohol.... it's all the same!:D

wrightnow
06-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Roland the Fisherman
[That was'nt my falt. I waited out there for you guys to give me a good old "LAKE" jet boat thrash'en and only one Place Craft came out. :confused:
Roland :)
Roland I say you playing with the jet on Sat, I hope you were playing anyway...lol Pretty sad turnout for races though, Lost lake just isn't what it use to be. But Johns right you were allover the place.
It was good meeting also, I say you pull into the cove upriver on Sunday, but You left before I could catch up with yea....next time..
Mark

77charger
06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Good job mark now get THAT LIFE JACKET ON .They are meant for a reason.

LVjetboy
06-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Epoxy that sucker. Only way to be sure...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/Handhole.jpg
I did that back when I ran 86. After all, how many ski ropes you gonna dig out? Not many from the looks of that half-in-half out picture.
jer

djdtpr
06-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Whats up fellas?This work thing is really getting in the way of my fun time!