PDA

View Full Version : New House!!!

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Well, we did it! The Mrs. and I met with Michele and John on Saturday. We did the walk through of the place and made an offer. Damned if the guy didn't take it!:D We asked for a thirty day escrow so, we should be in by July 4th!!!!! The place needs work but, it is mostly cosmetic.
If anyone here is looking to buy a lake house or lot in Havasu, you need to deal with Michelle. She is AWESOME!!!!!
Support your fellow Hot Boaters!!!

TheEduKATor
06-01-2004, 07:04 AM
OG, can I get her contact info? Thanks, and good luck with the offer.

HCS
06-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Congrats on the house. Hope your deal goes smooth.
I bought one of those cosmetic fixers. $25,000.00 dollars and 5
years later. I'm almost done.:eek:

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Michele's website. (http://www.lakehavasuhomes.net/)

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Congrats on the house. Hope your deal goes smooth.
I bought one of those cosmetic fixers. $25,000.00 dollars and 5
years later. I'm almost done.:eek:
Thanks!
The seller (Steve) has live in the house for over 20 years. It needs trim paint and interior paint. Carpet will go into tile throughout. We are going to put a 30'X60' steel building up for boat storage.
$25,000 and five years sounds like a good deal...:D

dmontzsta
06-01-2004, 07:20 AM
Congrats on the house. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-01-2004, 07:28 AM
congrats on the new house and Michele is the one to use.. she is awesome.. :D ;)

little rowe boat
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Congrats on the house,John and Michele are awesome.:cool:

dicudmore
06-01-2004, 10:22 AM
congratulations OG

summerlove
06-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, let me be the tenth to say Congratulations!
What street is it on, North side, south side, size, etc....Maybe we'll be neighbors!
Michelle just closed my two lots last week and we can't wait for her to list the two new homes that will be going on them.
Also, be sure to use Debbie at River Valley Mortgage....do not use the LHC office of COuntrywide. They were horrible with my transaction on the purchase of my home, but Debbie was awesome, as was Michelle....

phebus
06-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
Also, be sure to use Debbie at River Valley Mortgage....do not use the LHC office of COuntrywide. They were horrible with my transaction on the purchase of my home, but Debbie was awesome, as was Michelle....
And do not use GMAC/Tim Zimmerman out in Havasu. Terrible customer relations, and slower than slow. Absolutely terrible!! :mad:

summerlove
06-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey Phebes....saw on another post you'll be there for the 14th to the 24th. We'll be there 11th thru the 16th...

Havasu_Dreamin
06-01-2004, 10:53 AM
OG, congrats on the house! Don't know if you currently store the boat out there or not but if you don't, you will absolutely love not towing back and forth. It makes the drive sooooo much easier!
Debbie @ River Valley is GREAT to work with! And she and her husband are boaters, bada$$ Daytona!

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Debbie is not in today.:( I'll call her tomorrow
Thank you all for the kind words. We'll have to have a Hot Boat Beerfest!

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, It was awesome meeting you and denise as well.
Can't wait for the ***boater's beer fest (not that I would know what that is;) )
And yes Debbie from River Valley Mortgage is the BEST!

CEO
06-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Well, we did it! The Mrs. and I met with Michele and John on Saturday. We did the walk through of the place and made an offer. Damned if the guy didn't take it!:D We asked for a thirty day escrow so, we should be in by July 4th!!!!! The place needs work but, it is mostly cosmetic.
If anyone here is looking to buy a lake house or lot in Havasu, you need to deal with Michelle. She is AWESOME!!!!!
Support your fellow Hot Boaters!!!
OG, that is great news, we both live in Chino, you can now pick me up and take me to your new pad in Havasu. Now that is the hook up. lol. The wife and I just bought a new house over on Edison and San Antonio. We were thinking maybe about keeping the house we are in and buying something in Havasu, but decided to put all our cash into the new home. It has 1/2 acre and RV parking for the rig.

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
Can't wait for the ***boater's beer fest (not that I would know what that is;) )
And yes Debbie from River Valley Mortgage is the BEST!
I know, I know... You do not hang out in Bars and what is a beer bong...LOL
You are the first Real Estate professional I/we have enjoyed working with. You made the process painless!!! Thank you for going that extra mile for us,
Mark & Denise

Essex502
06-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Congrats. Debbie at River Valley Mortgage has done two deals for me so far and she is definitely the best.

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by CEO
OG, that is great news, we both live in Chino, you can now pick me up and take me to your new pad in Havasu. Now that is the hook up. lol. The wife and I just bought a new house over on Edison and San Antonio. We were thinking maybe about keeping the house we are in and buying something in Havasu, but decided to put all our cash into the new home. It has 1/2 acre and RV parking for the rig.
CEO,
Congrat's on the new Headquarters!
You are more than welcome to stop by the house, once it clears escrow;-). As for me picking you up? I am NOT that kinda guy!:D

Kachina26
06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Michelle is vey good to work with! Congrats on the new pad. Let me know when you finish with our storage building so I can stuff my boat in;)

summerlove
06-01-2004, 02:22 PM
what the hell is this, a frigging mutual admiration society? Give me a frigging break!:D Oh, you're so nice, and oh, you're so nice too....what a load of crap!
Michelle - he's using you - he's trying to "take over" havasu with his "kind" - I'm not sure we want them;)
Actually, I'm trying to take over Havasu. Watch out OG, and BTW, what's the address for that party???

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 02:43 PM
LOL!
I'm sorry I forgot to mention how nice Rick really is. He's the nicest non-partisan person I've ever had the pleasure to break bread with!;)
And it's o.k. to have an admiration society every once in awhile to break up the drama, especially when everyone is saying nice stuff about me:D I dunno but I could just read this stuff for hours and never get tired of it.:rolleyes:
Warlock( I love Summerlove)25:D

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 02:46 PM
what the hell is this, a frigging mutual admiration society? Give me a frigging break!:D Oh, you're so nice, and oh, you're so nice too....what a load of crap!
Michelle - he's using you - he's trying to "take over" havasu with his "kind" - I'm not sure we want them;)
Actually, I'm trying to take over Havasu. Watch out OG, and BTW, what's the address for that party???
So SL, panties in a bunch today? This is not the way to get an invite to the Take Over Beerfest.;)

summerlove
06-01-2004, 02:51 PM
So SL, panties in a bunch today? This is not the way to get an invite to the Take Over Beerfest.;)
Just invite me to the damn party will ya!;)
(still haven't said where the new house is...)

summerlove
06-01-2004, 02:52 PM
LOL!
I'm sorry I forgot to mention how nice Rick really is. He's the nicest non-partisan person I've ever had the pleasure to break bread with!;)
And it's o.k. to have an admiration society every once in awhile to break up the drama, especially when everyone is saying nice stuff about me:D I dunno but I could just read this stuff for hours and never get tired of it.:rolleyes:
Warlock( I love Summerlove)25:D
So much love today I can hardly stand it!;) Actually, you all know I was joking about the mutual admiration thing - I think you're great M!

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Just invite me to the damn party will ya!;)
(still haven't said where the new house is...)
I know if I give you the address I will have a mailbox full of DNC/Kerry mailings before we move in. I will PM you someday.:D

summerlove
06-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I know if I give you the address I will have a mailbox full of DNC/Kerry mailings before we move in. I will PM you someday.:D
I was ready with this....
http://a9.g.akamai.net/7/9/8082/v003/www.democrats.org/images/banners/top_banner.jpg
Actually, I'd never do something so devious......:rolleyes:

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I was ready with this....
http://a9.g.akamai.net/7/9/8082/v003/www.democrats.org/images/banners/top_banner.jpg
Actually, I'd never do something so devious......:rolleyes:
What is the DNC plan to do this? BTW... It is a better plan than GW's, is not an answer..:D

tcook33
06-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Well, let me be the tenth to say Congratulations!
What street is it on, North side, south side, size, etc....Maybe we'll be neighbors!
Michelle just closed my two lots last week and we can't wait for her to list the two new homes that will be going on them.
I'm getting ready to sign a deal on a place also.
I went and met with Debbie (RVM), she was referred by "al cole holic". It sounds like I made a good choice to go see her by all of the positive feedback.
Anyone have any feedback (positive or negative) on Pethel Homes. I've met with Derrick and I am impressed by their models and prices. He showed me about 20 lots and I'm down to the top 3. Any feedback on lots? Should I call Michelle?

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by tcook33
I'm getting ready to sign a deal on a place also.
I went and met with Debbie (RVM), she was referred by "al cole holic". It sounds like I made a good choice to go see her by all of the positive feedback.
Anyone have any feedback (positive or negative) on Pethel Homes. I've met with Derrick and I am impressed by their models and prices. He showed me about 20 lots and I'm down to the top 3. Any feedback on lots? Should I call Michelle?
I would love to help you find a lot!
Derrick / Pethal homes are an outstanding choice!
Give me a call or an PM and I'll send you info on available lots in town.
Michele

summerlove
06-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Should I call Michelle?
only if you want exceptional customer service!

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Awwwwhhhhh, and the love continues!:D

summerlove
06-01-2004, 04:36 PM
We just can't seem to get out of our way can we???;)

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 04:44 PM
We just can't seem to get out of our way can we???;)
LOL:)
Can't wait to have a drink with you this week end.
John just got "cream puff" and "Summerlove" all shinny and clean so don't be getting her dirty before you take her to the big dance!
Hey Rick32, it's been too darn long since we have seen your face around here, See you at the turtle Friday evening;)

tcook33
06-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I would love to help you find a lot!
Derrick / Pethal homes are an outstanding choice!
Give me a call or an PM and I'll send you info on available lots in town.
Michele
Perfect. I will call you tomorrow.
Yeah, Derrick was really helpful. I'm glad to see that he is recomended.
I will be back there this weekend for OP6 with Dennis26, al cole holic, and mbrown.
For those of you who are wondering who this tcook33 guy is.....I'm new here on the chat. I'm the guy with the 28 Nordic (red flames) for sale that I've had for 3 months. I think I'm gonna join the elite DCB team.
Thanks for the help.

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Can't go wrong with a dcb either!
John details a number of them in town and he claims that they are second to none when it comes to fit and finish.
Welcome to the boards!
Michele

phebus
06-01-2004, 06:16 PM
For those of you who are wondering who this tcook33 guy is.....I'm new here on the chat. I'm the guy with the 28 Nordic (red flames) for sale that I've had for 3 months. I think I'm gonna join the elite DCB team.
You must have just hit the lotto. New house, and selling a 3 month old boat to buy a new DCB. Damn dude, I'm jealous :D

dicudmore
06-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Perfect. I will call you tomorrow.
Yeah, Derrick was really helpful. I'm glad to see that he is recomended.
I will be back there this weekend for OP6 with Dennis26, al cole holic, and mbrown.
Thanks for the help.
hey simi neighbor good luck w/the nordic sale and DCB
cya at the river :D

mtndewdrops
06-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Now you are on your way to having TWO of EVERYTHING. Sure beats camping, or hoteling it. All you have to do is jump in the car and GO.

Mr.Havasu
06-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Here is the view from Mark & Denise's new home
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/418church_hill_11-med.JPG
here is the rest of the view
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/418church_hill_12-med.JPG

dicudmore
06-01-2004, 07:06 PM
nice nice nice

Dr. Eagle
06-01-2004, 07:16 PM
only if you want exceptional customer service!
Thanks Sheriff......;)

Dr. Eagle
06-01-2004, 07:23 PM
What is the DNC plan to do this? BTW... It is a better plan than GW's, is not an answer..:D
Last I heard it was something like this:
Surrender to the French
Turn over control of Washington to the UN
Tax the crap out of everyones income
Giveaways for the unemployed illegal aliens
Close the Pentagon
Special tax for spoiled sports stars (they may have something there)
No more guns
Everyone has 4 years to buy a Hybrid or their SUV will be crushed.
Boats banned everywhere due to CO emissions.
Computer tax
Internet tax
water tax
bicycle tax
Air Tax..... for clean air you know...
CD tax
Country Western Music Tax.... Get those darn Republicans... Especially Toby Keith!
Bowling Tax..... Like that industry could stand it.....
Cell Phone Tax........ oh they already got that covered...
medicare for illegal aliens.... (poor dears)
All ethnic clubs encouraged (except for caucasians cuz that'd be politically incorrect)
Political correctness enforced by the only remaining death penalty
Did I miss any?
:D

Dr. Eagle
06-01-2004, 08:02 PM
so like when is the housewarming party???..... like you need a warmer house in Havasu in summer...;)

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Did I miss any?
'bout sums it up.:D

MagicMtnDan
06-02-2004, 05:50 AM
I talked to Michelle yesterday - she's great and very helpful. Thanks for the e-mails and the links Michelle!

Debbolas
06-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Well, congrats on your new house, I guess if we ever want to buy a house in Havasu we know who to contact...thanks!:D

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Thank you!
Michele is, well, in a word, SUPERFANTASTIC!
If only we could get her out deer hunting or at the very least to a BAR!;)
The lovefest continues!

Garrddogg
06-02-2004, 06:14 AM
WAIT, You got a LIL more comming from this direction too!:D

Mr.Havasu
06-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Wow! two day of love at the sandbar:) What's a girl to do?
You guys are great!
Can I say I love our hot boat family?
We have made so many friends here on the boards.
Thanks Sooooo much!

summerlove
06-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Hey OGS:
I'm not sure you want to buy that house:( By doing so, you're going to end up being MY NEIGHBOR!:D Word has it you're gonna be a southsider - maybe too close for comfort for you...;)

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey OGS:
I'm not sure you want to buy that house:( By doing so, you're going to end up being MY NEIGHBOR!:D Word has it you're gonna be a southsider - maybe too close for comfort for you...;)
At least I can have intelligent conservative conversations with Mrs. SL!..:D
We are in escrow now so, I can PM the address to you. NO Kerry stuff in our mailbox..LOL!:D

summerlove
06-02-2004, 12:11 PM
At least I can have intelligent conservative conversations with Mrs. SL!..:D
We are in escrow now so, I can PM the address to you. NO Kerry stuff in our mailbox..LOL!:D
I already paid Michelle for the address!;) And yes, Mrs SL is smarter than I am, but she also married me, so you have to take that into consideration!:D

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 01:28 PM
I am guessing a lot of low doors in her childhood playhouse:D j/k I will be honored to have HER as a neighbor.;)

summerlove
06-02-2004, 02:16 PM
I am guessing a lot of low doors in her childhood playhouse:D j/k I will be honored to have HER as a neighbor.;)
Me too! Right next to me....;)

Dr. Eagle
06-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Well look at it this way, you guys can cancel each others votes out in the local elections.

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Well look at it this way, you guys can cancel each others votes out in the local elections.
SL's Mrs. is on my side:D 2 to 1!

OGShocker
06-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Well, we did the final walk through on Friday (06.04) after Michele (warlock25) brought over a bunch of jello shots. From what I remember the plumbing was OK and the house needs paint. Other than that,,,, I just hope it doesn't fall down until the insurance takes hold.:D
We hope to host our first party sometime after the July 4 weekend. I'll keep you informed.

Mr.Havasu
06-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Tom was a crack up! Termite guy is going to look the place over tomorrow. (Where did I put those jello shots)?

OGShocker
06-07-2004, 08:17 AM
(Where did I put those jello shots)?
I think Tom ate them all.:D He was such a goof ball. I still can't believe he thought you were the sellers agent.:eek: :D :D

summerlove
06-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I'll be in town July 5,6,7 so be sure to call and have us over. I'd like to see the new Western White House!;) Congrats again!