PDA

View Full Version : Do Trim Tabs Improve wake?

silver surfer
06-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Will trim tabs help to improve the wake for wakeboarding? A person told me that trim tabs will improve the wake because you can plane at a lower speed. Is this accurate?
I have a 25'Commander Mil. and I want to improve the wake. I have considered buying the 25 Malibu, but I was hoping I could save myself money with trim tabs or some form of a custom ballast system. Any help or product recommendation would be appreciated.

Dr. Eagle
06-01-2004, 10:47 AM
I used mine to tow a wakeboarder with my 30' Eliminator Eagle, but they kind of made the wake wash out. But that is a pretty large boat...

Up 4 River
06-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Silver Surfer,
Call Wakesports Unlimited in Orange at 714-363-9253. They should be able to help you out on this question better than I can. By the way, we talked some time ago about a couple of used surfboards for your surf team at school. Do you still need them?I still hvae them and don't use them. Let me know.
U4R

spectratoad
06-01-2004, 11:11 AM
HHMMMMMM come to ***boat and ask how to make a bigger wake?:confused: Don't expect a whole lot of help from jetters.;)
This is the sandbar though so ask away.:D

CustomCruiser
06-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Depends on the boat. When we wakeboard, my tabs are all the way up. This leaves the cleanest wake on my boat.