PDA

View Full Version : Pro Street Drag question

Wet Dream
06-01-2004, 02:14 PM
I was just watching a little SPIKE TV and HorsePower was showing the engine of one of the cars. It had a triple stage injection. Ok thats all good, but there were injectors on each of the header tubes. The look just like what we run on out water injected headers with the exception that these are on top of the tubes. I'm guessing they're not for water, so whats the purpose behind it? :confused:

cal***boat
06-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Are you sure they wernt EGT sensors ?? and not injectors.

396_Z
06-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Probably air injection for emissions reasons.

Wet Dream
06-01-2004, 03:09 PM
I doubt they're anything for emmissions. This engine makes 2000hp with 15:1 and all three stages of NOS. NHRA stuff. I wish I had a pic of it. They look just like water injection tubes. Same diameter or so, same type fittings.

UBFJ #454
06-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Bungs on top of the headers are for A/F Sensors ... Ones on bottoms are for EGT's.
We're one of the originators of putting bungs in headers that way so that sensors can be installed ... For quite some time now, our stepped SS headers have been setup that way plus we have bungs in the collectors for the A/F's , but, we only run 2 each A/F's and EGT's on selected cylinders (or A/F's in the collectors for the each bank's average) due to the sensors high cost and me not believing in using EGT's to tune.