PDA

View Full Version : San Jac River

ESB
06-01-2004, 02:42 PM
How many people around here got on the San Jacinto River on east side of Houston?
In 2002 I was on it damn near every Sunday. Last year I only made it out once. People said it got slow and I was busy as hell all the time.
When I go I launch from Luvs Marina on old 90.

baja204
06-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Was there Friday through Monday, Had a group camping at the marina so I visited everyday. Always at the river for the last four years. Hope to see you out, Just finished breaking in the new engine and look forward to a good summer.

ESB
06-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Were do you usualy hang out at?
When I go out there we usualy bounce back and forth between the Hole and Banana Bend (and its surounding area)
What does your boat look like?
Were you out Labor day weekend 02? I did some naughty things caught on tape that weekend that river people still ask me about to this day.

baja204
06-01-2004, 04:49 PM
It's a red baja with black and white strip, we go from the beach up near the dam to the island.by banana bend. We also take the cruise out the the battle ship and bay area.

EASYSTROKE
06-01-2004, 04:51 PM
baja204, I thought you was going to Summerville? What does your boat look like? I was out there some but mostly Monday when I finally got my boat running right. Breaking in my new motor too. Mine is a two-tone blue southwind copy with tunnel ram and ot's. Did ya see me any?
ESB, you going to be out there this year?

baja204
06-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I was going to summerville but after a few problems testing it friday I ran into some friends that were camping for the weekend. I had a hose on the pump leak and filler cap. The prop is way to small currently a 21p, picking up a 23 and 25p on thursday to test.
1992 Red baja with white and black stripe

ESB
06-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by EASYSTROKE
ESB, you going to be out there this year?
Man I hope so.
But there are some problems.
1. My jet boat is far from running. Its compleately striped and may not be done this season. Within month IM going to start prepping for new paint. 454 needs to be rebuilt, and has NO interiour
2. My dads Skeeter runs like a bat out of hell but he wont let me take it alone. Im sure We will come out in it sooner or later.
3. I have one friend with boat who can sometimes play but tuff because of his work and his wife who dosnt like letting him do much.

ESB
06-01-2004, 05:14 PM
OK I dont think im on drugs.
I just sall a link to a pic baja204 but now I dont.

baja204
06-01-2004, 05:23 PM
I probably did see you, Watched a few jets play around trying to spray the bridge. We did a lot of riding, beached at Loves and visited with friends.

ESB
06-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Baja- I want to say I know that boat. BUt then again im drinking when out there so who knows.
But now I know for sure.

Greaser
06-01-2004, 07:09 PM
I always here about the San Jacinto river from the older jet boat guys around here. They used to go up there all the time. They told me to let them know when I go up that way so they can tag along and reminiss about the good old days. I told them to get off thier ass and buy another boat, so we can all go up there together and have a blast.

EASYSTROKE
06-01-2004, 07:09 PM
We will be back at San Jac this weekend all day Saturday and maybe Sunday. We might camp out Saturday night. We will probably be parked on the back side of the island before banana bend. If ya'll are out there stop by. He is a picture of my boat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3077/48532004_0306_040130AA.JPG

dawgdude
06-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Man I'm gettin tired of working on boats,,,,,,one of these days I'll have one in the water. Been to long since I've visited these sites. I see RJB is down. Good to see all the Texas guys are still hanging on hear. Good to hear everybody else is able to make the lake. The physco jets way far from finished but the big boat is mabye a week or two away. Had to stand on the boardwalk and watch the boats pass thru in Kemah this weekend,,,,toture
San Jac here I come.
Dawgdude aka FiveO

EASYSTROKE
06-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey FiveO! It sucks about RJB. There is another local looking for someone to do some fiberglass work. I told him that you knew a guy in spring(if I remeber correctly) that was helping you out. You might check out his post and give him the info if you have it. The post is in the just jets section and the topic is "Hull Question" started by BigMo. How is you boat coming? Have you flipped it back over yet?

dawgdude
06-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Still on its lid but the gel's been shot and the hard work is soon to start. Sanding and buffing it to a shine. Once it does get back over it'll be down hill from there. I kinda put the jet to the side while I'm dealing with the law suit on my other boat. It all sucks. But good news is that the suits coming to an end hopefully next week and it looks favorable so far.
I'll look that thread up real quick and send the guy some info. Hope to see you guys out there soon.

Greaser
06-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Wow, we almost have everyone from the old rjb site. Good to see that your still kikin five-o
WE really need to plan a get together on the lake after everyone gets thier boats ready!!!!

dawgdude
06-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Greaser,,,wad up!!!! Yea I made my way over here. Got on for the first time this week since a month or so ago, found RJB down so I ended up here. Good to see most are here. How's Sommerville. Make a pass for me.

Greaser
06-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Somerville has been pretty good so far. I have been hanging around Welch, and Pecan. Pecan is definatly the place to be, always smooth, and always alot of beutiful women.:D I have made some pretty good runs so far, but I am still working out a few bugs. Hopefully we got em fixed this week. I guess we will find out this weekend.:D Hope to see ya out there.

ESB
06-04-2004, 03:36 PM
A meet sounds great. Just make sure its posted kinda in advance so we can all make it. I'll have to cruise up in my dads "Stump Jumper" Skeeter bass boat. :D