PDA

View Full Version : outsourcing

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-01-2004, 02:49 PM
I was watching the TV this weekend and saw something on outsourcing.
Ever wonder why when you call one of your supposed customer service lines and habeeb or achmed or ramadamalam answers the phone? Thats because some major corporations in the country are using outsourcing. It outrages me that this country has such an unemployment problem, yet we allow these companys to do this. :mad: I just dont understand how the U.S. government could let this happen if its a U.S. based company
Any opinions? :confused:

Some Kind Of Monster
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Money is the root of all evil. Every company wants to save a buck so they outsource to places that legally accept $2 a day labor. Very un American, yet very American at the same time.

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by WaTchTheGelCoat
Any opinions? :confused:
I have one. You are a commie.:D That is my freebee, for more opinions please deposit .$25 in the slot.

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
I have one. You are a commie.:D That is my freebee, for more opinions please deposit .$25 in the slot.
I am a commie?????

RacerX
06-01-2004, 03:05 PM
That's been going on for quite a while now. I'm sure alot of the show how to do with India since about 80% of that type of outsourcing is done within India.
I dropped my Bank of America credit card specifically because I couldn't get them to understand what I was asking for when I called with a question. Oustsourcing is one thing but CUSTOMER SERVICE is supposed to come first.
I had an issue with Capital One too but I demanded to speak with a U.S. contact and had my problem resolved quickly. That company is next on my hit list.
I have a buddy who's a VP with Countrywide Mortgage / Balboa Insurance and they are just now getting into this same stuff. He was over in India last month for 2 weeks trying to hammer out deals for land, etc...:yuk:

OGShocker
06-01-2004, 03:08 PM
I am a commie?????
Well, you are not a free global marketeer.
Please insert your quarter!

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Well, you are not a free global marketeer.
Please insert your quarter!
That I may not be, but i dont see how this could be good for AMERICA, when AMERICAN companys are sending AMERICAN jobs over seas!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

sidewound
06-01-2004, 03:25 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by sidewound
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont want to open a can of worms here, if you think its good please explain why.

sidewound
06-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I dont want to open a can of worms here, if you think its good please explain why.
I don't think it's good. just the replys left me ROTFLMFAO!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

1stepcloser
06-01-2004, 03:46 PM
BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
It just keeps getting better!:D

sidewound
06-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!
It just keeps getting better!:D
:D :D :D :D :D :p

NorCal Gameshow
06-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Do you wear nikes? where was the t.v. you were watching made?
on a similar note:
i read where some insurance billing, tax preparing and other things with our personal info were being processed overseas. kinda disturbing in this i.d. stealing world we live in....

goneboatin
06-01-2004, 04:27 PM
If we didn't outsource, who would work at the 7-11's and behind the 2" thick glass booth at the gas stations?

summerlove
06-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Bush let them do it. ;)

NorCal Gameshow
06-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Bush let them do it. ;)
Gore invented it ;)

summerlove
06-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
Gore invented it ;)
Back in 1776! He was way ahead of his time don't ya think!;)

CA Stu
06-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
i read where some insurance billing, tax preparing and other things with our personal info were being processed overseas. kinda disturbing in this i.d. stealing world we live in....
Keep your credit shitty, owe a buttload of tax, and drive like an asshole, no one will want to steal your identity.
CA Stu <-- A troubleshootin' guy.
;)

Sherpa
06-01-2004, 05:04 PM
did you just fall off the turnip truck last night-?
--Sherpa

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 05:49 AM
OK, Gelcoat.
The following link might just clear things up. I am not against a plan of attack like the one spelled out in the following thread.
NFTC (http://www.nftc.org/newsflash/newsflash.asp?Mode=View&articleid=1672&Category=All)
On a funny note: Canned telephone calls from the Kerry campaign to Wisconsin primary voters came from a call center in Ontario, Canada.
PS. I am just jerking your chain.;)

MagicMtnDan
06-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Outsourcing is a function of a healthy and growing economy. Successful companies in our economy are looking to grow and cut costs and they do that by moving jobs to places where they're less expensive. GM has factories in Mexico. Ford has 'em in Canada. Japan built factories here in the US decades ago because of this - did you complain about that?
The economy is bigger than the US now - it's a global economy. As our quality of life and cost of living continues to go up it's only logical that lower paying lower skilled jobs move offshore. Unless you want to do that work at the rates they pay Indians (people in India - not native Americans).
The good part of all this is that people around the world want to buy American products and services and that's how we prosper as we continue to invent and innovate and sell our ideas, designs, products and services around the world.
That'll be five bucks please (hey, if OG can charge a quareter for his "information"...). :D

OGShocker
06-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
That'll be five bucks please (hey, if OG can charge a quareter for his "information"...). :D
I only charge for opinions. Information is free.:D

SoCalOffshore
06-02-2004, 06:28 AM
If you stopped outsourcing you would have a communist regime and not a free enterprise system. The world outsources to the US though. Infact, many more jobs are brought into the US than out of the US. Hondas, Toyotas, BMW's are made in the US, that is outsourcing. Also, some outsourced customer service jobs that were once outsourced have been bought back in to the US, such as Dell. It is similar to what we had in the early 90"s, that was called called downsizing. Outsourcing is a necessary evil of a free economy.

Dr. Eagle
06-02-2004, 06:29 AM
I only charge for opinions. Information is free.:D
You know customer service has been oursourced to India when:
You stump the operator and they say "Holy Cow"
Your customer service rep's name is longer than a sentence
They ask if you want a Squishee with that
They try to upsell you with an offer of a free Ravi Shankar CD
You hear MOOs in the background.....;)

HM
06-02-2004, 07:50 AM
....It outrages me that this country has such an unemployment problem.....
Unemployment problem? Don't believe the hand wrining commies in the news. Unemployment may be "high" on someones chart, but ask anyone who is trying hire good people, and there is a major shortage. Most of the unemployed (there are exceptions so don't anyone get thier panties in a bunch) are unemployable.
I am completely unemployable. There are way tooooooo many opportunities out there to decide to work for someone else and make them rich, but that is just me. I also hate people telling me when I have to work, when I can take vacation, when I take lunch, when I can go home, and how much I can make.
"Money is the root of all evil" <---- that is usually said by poor people. I don't mean poor in finances - I mean poor thinking. They come up with reasons why they don't have money by blaming the people with money. Typical. But don't listen to me, I am one of the pyramid scam dudes!!

superdave013
06-02-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm not a pyramid scam dude but I agree with Holly Molly's post!
I liked that "poor thinking" line.

eliot
06-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
The good part of all this is that people around the world want to buy American products and services and that's how we prosper as we continue to invent and innovate and sell our ideas, designs, products and services around the world.
If they can afford them.....
I know it is only one country but did you know that goods exported from China enter the U.S. duty free, while goods exported from the U.S. to China are subject to a 167% tariff.

Krumbsnatcher
06-02-2004, 09:02 AM
My industry is really being targeted by outsourcing. We are currently outsourcing our technology to india who in turns outsources it to china who then outsources it to russia.
We can cry our jobs are leaving bla bla bla, but who wants to work a job here that is paying $20hr over there (corporations costs). We simply have to retrain and become more innovative at least that is what Bush is telling us.
The truth of the matter is this, we used to make clothes here that industry the textile has left long ago. Then it was the japanese car mfg's they, now it our customer service jobs (programmers, accountants, cpa's and now lawyers).
All though there work is not Quality it is cheap and our CEO's have no long term objective for their company other than getting rich on stock options.
So as the future will make our life more costly as the rest of the world's economies start comming up in the world ours will have to start comming down. Another thing our lovely Govt. is doing is now all the companies that were paying Social Security tax are no longer contributing.
I am preparing for this massive wave of unemployment in the next year or so. My advice is save your $$$. We will all need more to buy less due to the 3rd world economies growing and paying higher prices for the resources they need, which drives our prices up here!
Outsourcing sucks if it affects your bottom line. Unless you are walmart and import all the stuff made in china and sell it here real high.
enough said.

Scream
06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
"Money is the root of all evil" <---- that is usually said by poor people. I don't mean poor in finances - I mean poor thinking. They come up with reasons why they don't have money by blaming the people with money. Typical. But don't listen to me, I am one of the pyramid scam dudes!!
To the extent that some people value money above all else will stop at nothing to procure it, The Love of Money is the root of all evil.
As for outsourcing, it is a vital part of our economy and has it's place. Dell brought it's customer service telecenter back to US soil because of the amount of unhappy customers it generated. But if you want a hodge podge of bad info, call the DMV hotline and try to get an english speaker...

Dr. Eagle
06-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Thank you Number Johnny 5