PDA

View Full Version : intercooler repairs

502procharger
06-01-2004, 06:26 PM
i am so freeking pissed right now. my motor shop dynoed my motor last fall for me with a m3 procharger and aw-504 intercooler. they delivered my motor to my house and set it in a barn for me. the entire motor was wrape din plastic but just to be safe i called and asked if they drained the block and intercooler. they said yes of course we did. well 9 months has passed and i just got around to dropping the new motor in the boat. i could not get it in with the intercooler on the motor so i removed it. when i tipped it sidways to put it down water poured out of both the place it should and the place it shoud not. water was pouring out the air passage part of the intercooler. right away i knew they did not drain it. on top of that they put a plug in the bottom of it where the barb fitting should go where it would have drained itself. i ran water trough it and sure enough it puts water into the air passage. wtf. they are taking no responsibuility and basicly said sorry we thought it was drained you sjhould have checked it. i probably should have but i figured if i called and specificly asked that question i should be ok. i dont have the 1500 to buy a new one. does anyone know if they can be cut apart and fixed?

SK48
06-01-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm not very familiar with a pro charger intercooler, can't you just buy a new core for it. If it will make you feel any better, I replaced my Richard Lee intercooler cores this year, for a reasonable $ 2200.00 each. Maybe that will ease the pain of $1500.

502procharger
06-01-2004, 07:13 PM
if it was my fault i would still be pissed but i would not have an issue spending the money to fix it. they are a sealed welded unit. maybe procharger can fix it but it is bull shit that it was not even my fault. if they left the barb fitting on the bottom that was there when i dropped it off and on there durring the dyno run, instead of putting a plug into it, it would be diff. but they took the barb fitting out and put a brass plug into it and never let the water drain out. now they want to take no blame. are they for real.

HP350SC
06-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Man that really sucks. Maybe you can call them back, ask nicely as you can, talk to the owner and see if they will do a goodwill customer adjustment and split the cost with you.
Are you talking about freeze damage here, or did it just corrode up from sitting?

502procharger
06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
i am going to assume freeze dammage. it was 1/2 - 3/4 full of water still and it was a blistering cold winter. wtf. you cant count on anyone to take responsibuility for there actions. worst thing is i spent 12k on this motor just in parts and labor and i supplied the motor and procharger on top of that.

J540
06-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by SK48
I'm not very familiar with a pro charger intercooler, can't you just buy a new core for it. If it will make you feel any better, I replaced my Richard Lee intercooler cores this year, for a reasonable $ 2200.00 each. Maybe that will ease the pain of $1500.
sounds like a hose job to me:D

Phat Matt
06-24-2004, 07:21 PM
That sucks! When are you moving to Vegas? It doesn't get that cold there!

502procharger
06-24-2004, 07:33 PM
matt i think we are moving in like dec. cant wait bro. intercooler was replaced my engine builder after all. they came through.

Phat Matt
06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 502procharger
matt i think we are moving in like dec. cant wait bro. intercooler was replaced my engine builder after all. they came through.
Cool. That's good to hear. December will be here before you know it. I on the other hand hope it takes a while, cuz that's when my boat is in the garage till March! :)