PDA

View Full Version : iPod to Sony CDX-C5005

Hermosa
06-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Are there RCA inputs on the back of the Sony CDX-C5005 receiver, it's a 2002 model. I want to connect my iPod since I have about 400 CDs downloaded as Mpegs. I don't have the boat here today, but I kinda remember there were RCA inputs as well as outputs for the amp. I would have posted this in the AV section, but that place is dead and I was hoping for an answer today / tomorrow before I leave for a week on the lake. Any help appreciated! This freaking ipod rocks! I can always use the tunecast dealio, but would rather connect it dirrect and let it play all day.

Hermosa
06-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Bump... anyone... anyone?

Phat Matt
06-01-2004, 10:10 PM
I would think there would be an auxilary input but I don't see it in your manual.
Check it out here for yourself.
sony manual search (http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp)

Mike67rs
06-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I have a Sony CDX receiver, but a different model #. Yours looks very similar to mine. I had to get an Auxilary Input Adapter (Sony XA-300) in order to get audio inputs for satellite radio. Crutchfield can steer you in the right direction. The adapter was $100 shipped to my house. Expensive, but it beats the FM modulator set-up. Mike

Hermosa
06-02-2004, 05:56 AM
I will call Crutchfield today to see what they think, or if they know. Hope I can get it to work, would be sweet.