PDA

View Full Version : Jets & V-Drives Labor Day Weekend at Tenkiller

Pee Dub
06-02-2004, 06:44 AM
While visiting with Craig Taylor and Scott Seastrom this past weekend, we had the idea of a get-together for the Labor Day weekend at Tenkiller. Bring your lake legal boat and lets have some fun!!!! So far we have Scott, Shane and Dave Whited interested in coming from Hot Springs with their Lake Jets.
We haven't decided on an exact location, it will depend on the number of responses we get. Most likely Carlisle Cove or Standing Rock. Nothing elaborate, just socializing and a potluck meal on Sunday afternoon.

STROKER ACE
06-02-2004, 08:42 AM
10-4

INEEDAV
06-02-2004, 09:34 AM
How far is tenkiller from the Miami , ok area? I will likely have my boat in that area about then and may try to drag it down there.

Pee Dub
06-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Tenkiller (south of Tahlequah)is around 80 miles south of Miami. Hiway 82 would probably be the easiest route because it runs within a couple of miles of where we will be.

DUECE'SDAD
06-04-2004, 09:19 AM
HEY IM NEW AROUND HERE BUT WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN HAULING MY BOAT DOWN FROM THE TULSA AREA ITS A V-DRIVE SO I GUESS THAT IM INVITED, IS EITHER OF THE SPOTS YOU MENTIONED SECLUDED FROM THE MAIN LAKE WHERE THERE WONT BE ANY IDIOTS COMING THRU TRYING TO SWAMP ME? I USED TO GO OUT TO THE GET TOGETHERS AT THE ISLAND AT FT GIBSON LAKE AND EVEN WITH THE NOSE OUT I GOT FLOODED, I DONT MEAN TO BE BITCHY BUT SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO SHOW COURTESY TO SHORT SIDED BOATS. SOME OF THE GUYS FROM THE KEYSTONE THURSDAY NIGHT POST SHOULD BE INTRESTED IN COMING IF THEY FIND OUT THAT IT IS MOSTLY V-DRIVES AND JETS ONLY THATS HOW I AM READING IT, CORRECT? NO 52 FT 4 ENGINE OFF SHORE RACERS THAT ARE BECOMING EVERSO POPULAR, MAN HOW DO PEOPLE AFFORD THOSE THINGS, WHAT KINDA BOATS DO THE GUYS HAVE THAT ARE PUTTING IT ON AND THE OTHERS YOU MENTIONED? DOES LAKE LEGAL MEAN NO JUNKERS OR WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IS THE LAKE STRICT.

Jet Hydro
06-04-2004, 01:05 PM
There`s nothing like parking a few V-Drives on the trailer :D
Too bad I wont be able to make it, would be fun ;)
LAKE LEGAL What`s that??????????????????????:p

Pee Dub
06-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Jet Hydro, sorry you can't make it. I have watched what you have been doing with your boat and I've got to say, you've proven a lot of people wrong who didn't think your deal would ever work. All that without ever getting wet to boot!!!
The areas we have chosen to do this little deal aren't what you would say are secluded, they are just out of the main part of the lake with easy access. Can't say there won't be any of the bigger boats around cause it's a free lake, but there shouldn't be as much traffic around us as what will be around the areas such as Chicken Creek, Snake Creek, or the other popular hot spots. I have no doubt that old racers like Trent Stogsdill and Miles Dickenson will probably come out with their Eliminators to visit with everyone.
Bottom line is we would like to keep it Jets and v-drives as much as possible. I have a v-drive, but it seems like the biggest response so far has been from Jetboaters. Hopefully that will change and it will even out a little as time goes by. Loud open motor in the back is all that matters to me.
The lake patrol here is pretty cool as long as you have the required safety equipment, although they do have a hard-on for totally open exhaust. I have gotten warnings twice for no mufflers of any sort. Apparently all they are looking for is something they can see.
Hope you can make it down with your Hydro and bring some of your buddies from Ft.Gibson and Keystone, they could use the clean water!

DUECE'SDAD
06-04-2004, 08:11 PM
ALRIGHT MAN THIS SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE A PLACE WHERE SOMEONE ELSE CARES MOST ABOUT A BIG OPEN MOTOR WITH SOME SHINY OVERTRANSOMS, I WAS TALKING TO SOME OF THE GUYS JUST A LITTLE WHILE AGO ABOUT TRYING TO MAKE IT OUT, THEY ARE A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT IT BEING A HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND ALL BUT IT SHOULD BE A GOOD SOCIAL GATHERING EVEN IF THEY ARE SCARED TO GET THE BOAT OFF OF THE TRAILER MAN I SEEN A PICTURE OF JET HYDRO ON THE OTHER POST THATS ONE RADICAL HYDRO, IS THAT FOR DRAG OR FUN THAT LOOKS PRETTY SERIOUS. I GUESS WE WILL KEEP IN CONTACT AND I MIGHT GO DOWN ON A "NORMAL" WEEKEND AND CHECK OUT THE AREA SINCE IT ISNT ALL THAT FAR FROM TULSA AND I DO HEAR IT IS A "CLEAN" WATER LAKE LIKE YOU COMMENTED IS THERE IN REGULARS AROUND THESE AREAS THAT COULD SHOW ME AROUND IF I DID COME DOWN AND CHECK IT OUT? ALSO I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HELPING OUT IF YOU NEED ANY THING SET UP OR DONTAED WHATS UP WITH THE POT LUCK ISNT THERE A CAMPSITE WHERE WE CAN FIRE UP SOME OLD BURGERS AND HAVE A COOK OUT AND SOME DRINKS TAKE IT EASY IM LOOKING FORWARD, EMAIL IF YOU NEED ANY HELP

STROKER ACE
06-06-2004, 09:19 AM
If you stay around elk creek and up the river not to bad but then the party cove is a ways down the lake.I'm there where ever

Pee Dub
06-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Glad to see some locals posting, maybe we can get togrther one of these weekends before Labor Day.
Dueces Dad, I know you and your boat, Cool Ride!!
Stroker, I have been keeping an eye out for you on the lake, but haven't spotted you yet. I was in Party Cove Fri. Sat and Sun. Memorial weekend, could have missed you. Because of the wind on Sat., had a pretty miserable time fighting the boat, didn't stay long. Sunday after the rain was nice with a lot of boats and eye candy.

ONAROLL
06-08-2004, 10:21 PM
yup! I'm game..............

DUECE'SDAD
06-09-2004, 11:05 AM
WHAT COLOR IS THE FIREHAWK? MY SHOP DOES KILLER CUSTOM PAINT IF ANYONE NEEDS IT

ONAROLL
06-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Its red and white, it the one that Jimmys mechanic had, (22ft)I got it without drive or power but its getting a jet..........

Pee Dub
07-25-2004, 08:38 AM
OK, time to bring this one back to the top and see what kind of boat count we get. I have had several responses from the locals who don't use the forums. Still don't know which ramp to plan on.Leaning towards Carlisle because of boat traffic and smoother water.

DUECE'SDAD
07-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey chuck its dustin i know for sure i am coming and two others with me will be a pretty healthy youngblood tunnel w/ BBC and another boat that can hold its own in the jet catagory is a sleekcraft modified tunnel again with the big chevy. I m sure john will be down with his tahiti jet, my boat is running good now i went back to electric fuel pump and quite running outta fuel on the big end that was my problem. How about any of you guys that go out to keystones on thursdays you guy's need to make the trip down for this one its going to be a helluva time buncha fast boats. Infomaniac you guys in?

ONAROLL
07-25-2004, 09:21 PM
"Dustin" from Legends ?

DUECE'SDAD
07-26-2004, 05:29 AM
Yeah Dustin from Legends

ONAROLL
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Dustin, when you mentioned your black shovelnose it clicked, we met back when the snow was flying, I have one of your scoops on my current jet boat, small world, see ya on the water...Vic

DUECE'SDAD
07-26-2004, 01:36 PM
See you labor day at carlisle ???

Infomaniac
07-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by DUECE'SDAD
Hey chuck its dustin i know for sure i am coming and two others with me will be a pretty healthy youngblood tunnel w/ BBC and another boat that can hold its own in the jet catagory is a sleekcraft modified tunnel again with the big chevy. I m sure john will be down with his tahiti jet, my boat is running good now i went back to electric fuel pump and quite running outta fuel on the big end that was my problem. How about any of you guys that go out to keystones on thursdays you guy's need to make the trip down for this one its going to be a helluva time buncha fast boats. Infomaniac you guys in?
It sounds like fun to me.