PDA

View Full Version : Inspection for insurance

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-02-2004, 06:49 AM
I just bought a 19' California performance and Progressive requires an inspection. I thought I would be money with through transom headers but it sounds like any exposed motor might be trouble. Any advise on selling it to the inspector, and if they cancel me who do you use for your 70-100MPH jet boat???

roostwear
06-02-2004, 06:57 AM
If you have to sell them, tell them there's less threat of fire with an open engine. Plus, it doesn't REALLY go 70, now does it? ;)

FOURQ
06-02-2004, 10:02 AM
im going through the same thing right now with my southwind tunnel.. i told them it was a tri-hull and now they want to take pics i am a little worried since they wont insure a tunnel ant i told them it only went 60 mph..lol ya right . well post what happens when they take the pics i want to know if they canceled you ..hope not

Some Kind Of Monster
06-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Make sure they know that it is only 250hp, and that all your safety gear is in check. Also, you went the safe route with thru-hul headers so that noone would get burnt. Also, you have a flame arrestor to supress backfires right? And a foot throttle with a spring to return to idle in case something happens to the driver ;) Plus Jets are safer because it won't hack you up if someone falls overboard. Milk it.

sidewound
06-02-2004, 10:36 AM
I went through this last year. I was advised to fess up to the insurance dude about what I had.
RE: If you lie on your insurance it will void your coverage.
Wouldn't it suck to hurt someone and have your insurance cancelled due to dishonesty. Not to mention the out of pocket expense after your claim was denied. Just my .02
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-02-2004, 11:13 AM
250HP with dual 750's and a tunnel ram, ya right. Have all the safety gear, vests, throw cushions,fire extinguisher,whistle, deadman lanyard, flame arresters, oar etc. I thought a 14 year old jet boat with thru transom exhaust would be a slam dunk. How the hell are people insuring all the big dollar,big HP cats on Havasu. I am beginning to think there are a ton of people out boating with no insurance, and that is very concerning. I have a few friends going though the same process and will let you know the outcome.

roostwear
06-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm sure Boatcop knows the specifics, but there is a formula the CG uses to determine the HP of boats. This might be a good time to repost it, since few people dyno their engines and overstating HP may bite people in the ass.

superdave013
06-02-2004, 11:49 AM
when AAA can out to take photos of my boat I uncovered it and let them have at it. They got close ups of the dry tail pipes comming out of the twin turbo's too. I told them I had no idea how much power it made or how fast it went. (I was telling the truth too as I had not driven it yet).
What ever you do don't lie. Like sidewound said, wouldn't it suck if....

miketsouth
06-02-2004, 01:00 PM
I just put a little mouse motor in a cheyenne tunnel. I spoke to insurance agents across the states. No one will insure it for any price. Dont matter how fast it goes, how much horsepower, open engine or anything else. The word TUNNEL seems to get them everytime.
Some of them were very informed and had boats themselves. Some were even willing to suggest ways around liability. They could discuss hull design, motor configurations, pump setup...very informed and real guys, some of them. Anything under 26' or $50k and they just automaticly say no.
I was going to spend the money and drill holes in my boat to put nice TT lightnings on it, and build a motor box. Dont matter. They aint gonna insure it. My home umbrella wont cover it until some underwrites it for some price.
If someone knows an insurance agent who will insure a cheyenne tunnel, please let me know.

Brian Ray
06-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Wow, this is interesting....I hope AAA doesn't give me a hassle when I go to insurance our "new" boat next week.
-Brian

LVjetboy
06-02-2004, 04:23 PM
"if they cancel me who do you use for your 70-100MPH jet boat???"
Nobody. Because nobody will insure it.
And over time my jet evolved from, "Fat Chance" to, "No Way in freakin' Hell!" Me with no claims over the 13 years I've owned and tried to insure it, guess underwrighter aholes were just trying to save me money. Thoughtful of them. 13 years is a lot of premiums saved, but understand they got more important things to do like insuring kids with jet skis and 100 mph cats...
jer

cave
06-02-2004, 07:06 PM
I lost my insurace when I used it. A non insured renta jet ski smacked into my boat. My insurace co was awesome. They fixed it like new. They later sent me a letter saying that they could no longer insure my type of boat cause of the over the transome headers. I never lied to them. I even took the pictures myself. Now I'm super careful.

sleekvino
06-02-2004, 07:49 PM
it does suck boys most places will not insure boats that are classified as hot boats .i had insurance from kiegler @co.it was out of the back of hot boat but they rasied there rates to 700 for the year and its not worth it untill you need it.just be smart when you put the throttle down and nozzle up.

superdave013
06-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
"if they cancel me who do you use for your 70-100MPH jet boat???"
they got more important things to do like insuring kids with jet skis and 100 mph cats...
jer
I don't get the insuring the jet skis either. But those guys with the cats are payin big time for covarge. I was talking to a guy who said his new DCB was over 3K a year to insure. 2 years of his insurance money would buy a nice starter jet boat! I donno how those guys do it. :confused:

LVjetboy
06-02-2004, 09:07 PM
At least he could insure his big buck triple digit DCB. Why is that you think? I guess maybe they're safer than us jetters just like lake lice are. Progressive offered me insurance for a little over 2k per year back when I ran 86 with a BBC, tunnel and OT's. Such a deal. But the only deal so I called them back and said sounds good but I also run N2O but no racing is that ok if so I'll pay. You know, don't lie when you apply. They said, uh, N2O? SORRY!
I'm just curious to see claim frequency and $'s on those cats and lice to see what's really up. Since according to HBM everyone drives high dollar yachts these days so we're in the minority. We must be crashing right and left?
jer

Cs19
06-02-2004, 09:38 PM
If you want insurance on your hotrod jet ,v-drive,cat,whatever just do your homework.Don't just assume you can't insure it because Farmers,Mercury,Geico and AAA wont insure it. Do a search on the boards and see whats going on with insurance. I insured my 19 daytona (its a tunnell) and I told em exactly how much power it has, there are a few companys out there that only insure performace boats and have no problems with Ot headers and blown big blocks,etc.

LVjetboy
06-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Ya? Where are they. The last Hot Tip I got was east coast only and didn't return my calls. He reportably insured anything including race boats. I believe I posted the results over on RJB? Just give me a name or number and I'll be happy to call and report here exactly why they won't insure a 100 mph PlaceCraft tunnel jet boat even though I have a perfect driving record. But I will tell them details not that I don't know what speed it goes or how much power it has. Because after all I do. Fair enough?
jer

Cs19
06-02-2004, 10:28 PM
I'll be happy to call and report here exactly why they won't insure a 100 mph PlaceCraft tunnel jet boat even though I have a perfect driving record.jer
Thats fair enough Jer.
Terheggen/Malone, Inc.
Tel: (562) 496-2444
Located in Socal.
Please let us know why they won't insure your placecraft but will insure a daytona.

LVjetboy
06-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Sure no problemo. Thanks for the lead. I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you know.
jer

Cs19
06-03-2004, 10:17 PM
So what did they say?

LVjetboy
06-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Just got the answer machine...left a message. But I'll try again in the am.

LVjetboy
06-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok, here's the scoop. I talked to Margret from Terheggen/Malone and she said they don't cover Nevada yet. So I ask if I did live in California would they insure my Placecraft? She said unlikely...
Too much hp for a boat under 26 ft.
Too fast.
Over 10 years old.
jer

adsala
06-04-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm insured through Safeco. 21 ft open bow Jet. Dynoed 425hp engine. Through Transom exhaust. For three years now. No claims though.

HavasuDreamin'
06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by adsala
I'm insured through Safeco. 21 ft open bow Jet. Dynoed 425hp engine. Through Transom exhaust. For three years now. No claims though.
Just slightly different than a 115 mph tunnel with a blown BBC. :rolleyes:

victorfb
06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
i just recieved a mailer from AAA about boat insurance. (quote form) by reading it, it seems they will insure more than we thought. the form has a hull type questioniar and listed is v-hull, tri hull,tournament-ski,tunnell hull, pickle fork, and flat bottom. it says nothing about exhaust, but they do ask if the engine has been modified. the only restriction i see is length (max-26.5'). jet is listed as one of the drives aswell. it also asks if the boat will be used on colorado river (palo verde to davis dam). ill be giving them a call soon, but i thought id share the info so far.

BrendellaJet
06-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah, and if you check yes to the motor mod question, no go. If you tell them you boat on the colorado river, no go.
Good luck though, let me know if im wrong, but that never happens...:D

victorfb
06-04-2004, 11:22 AM
well i just called and talked to an agent to get a quote. sounded like a younger guy so i wasnt going to try and lie or anything, though i did tell him i didnt know the HP and said around 250. i gave him my info, 1975 rogers 18' jet. he didnt ask about exhaust headers. asked the value and i said id like to insure it for atleast 10 grand and 2 grand for the trailer. he gave me a quote of $367 for the year. of course they do want to inspect the boat but like i said, he didnt ask too much. but did say an agent would come out to me for inspection if i wanted. i wouldnt think they would waste thier time making the trip out knowing its a jet boat and not warning me about restrictions first. sounds like it would be a good deal.

adsala
06-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Just slightly different than a 115 mph tunnel with a blown BBC. :rolleyes:
A jet boat is different , I know, but Safeco was not as picky as Progressive. So Safeco may take a tunnel with mods. Progressive and many others would'nt even look at my boat. Safeco did'nt ask me about any modifications just hp and speed and those are real fudge factors. Just shooting out another option that's all.
Are you going to tell the insurance company the your boat does 115 mph? Well, good luck, you may be better off with life insurance! hehe.

HavasuDreamin'
06-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by adsala
A jet boat is different , I know, but Safeco was not as picky as Progressive. So Safeco may take a tunnel with mods. Progressive and many others would'nt even look at my boat. Safeco did'nt ask me about any modifications just hp and speed and those are real fudge factors. Just shooting out another option that's all.
Are you going to tell the insurance company the your boat does 115 mph? Well, good luck, you may be better off with life insurance! hehe.
If you don't tell the insurance company the truth, you will be denied coverage when you need it the most. :( Adjuster's job is to find a reasonable way to do so.
Its all good that you provided a potential source. :) Unfortunately there is almost an insurmountable difference in the insurance world between your boat and either CS 19's or LVJetboy's.

Cs19
06-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Ok, here's the scoop. I talked to Margret from Terheggen/Malone and she said they don't cover Nevada yet. So I ask if I did live in California would they insure my Placecraft? She said unlikely...
Too much hp for a boat under 26 ft.
Too fast.
Over 10 years old.
jer
Interesting, we talked to Margaret as well, she transfered us to Jeff Malone and he didnt hesitate at all. Told him I have over 800 horse and its in a 2001 eliminator 19 foot picklefork tunnel hull jet, no prob. he said.
The hardest part was convincing him it made that much power without a blower or turbo. :D Even if it was blown he didnt care, he'd insure it.
My feeling is that if you really want to insure the PC , it can be done.It may take some effort, but it can be done.
I do know HBJet is insured through Malone, as well as lots of the other board members.Sorry it did not work out for you.

LVjetboy
06-05-2004, 03:57 AM
"Unfortunately there is almost an insurmountable difference in the insurance world between your boat and either CS 19's or LVJetboy's."
Yep. That's a common misunderstanding or disconnect in these insurance threads. Some mild-performance others not. Not everybody reading these posts understands or is honest with insurers. But the original post was 70-100 mph so I figured I'd post.
Cs, who knows the secret checklist they run to filter potential customers? I told her I was interested in insuring a 1991 19' PC mod tunnel that had over 700 hp and ran 100 mph and she said...uh...
The state thing ruled me out from square one.
But even when I ask if I lived in Ca, I'm thinking the year thing...yours 2001 mine 1991...a big obsticle. She said, "have you insured it before?" I said, "ya for towing from Hamilton's shop when new in 1991. But that no-name insurance co. dropped me about a year later even w/no claims perfect record saying they didn't deal in performance boats anymore. That's the last time the Drag-n was insured.
My primary company USAA only covers yachts, family ski boats and jet skiis they said no way in h*ll over 60 mph and 300 hp even though no claims with them either. So the fact I haven't been covered all these years seems an automatic red flag. I've boated for 30 years and jet boated 20 years. No accidents. Their conclusion I'm sure is, if you haven't been covered, you must have something to hide.
Mother F*cking Assh*ls!! Screw them.
At this point I don't even want to pay premiums to greedy money sucker one-size-fits-all jerks. Don't tell me how more effort will work 'cause why should I? If they don't want to make money off me, I'm in no hurry to bleed my hard-earned money to them.
Terheggen/Malone said they only cover appraised not replacement. That means if some idiot jet ski jerk rams my $55k jet or it gets stolen or side-swiped on the highway they only pay maybe $15-20k if I'm lucky. That won't even replace the hull...let alone the freakin' engine. What good is that to me?
Liability? I try to stay clear of idiots. I boated Memorial day this year. That's the last year I do that. Holiday weekends both idiot and law enforcement magnets. WHY expose yourself to unecessary risk?
jer

shueman
06-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Just a thought on boat insurance. If you are a home owner, you can add the boat to that policy with the liability rider. May not work in all cases, but something to check out.

rkgzx9
06-05-2004, 04:44 PM
There are insurance companies out there that will insure performance boats .... try calling dealers that sell performance boats in your area, and advertise being able to insure them. i had to get a marine survey done on my jet boat , which is a tunnel hull 19` with a big block. you dont have to tell them everything!! they may know its a big block , maybe 4- 500 horse power , but dont volunteer its 800 HP and will do 100 MPH . Also everyone who said have your safety gear in top shape is correct.. marine survey is done by a registered marine surveyer...and they will check everything ... fuel lines, clamps... wires. you dont have to be perfect ...but every little bit helps . The big insurance copanies are worthless!! just like they did with muscle cars ... they wont insure anything other than family boats . once you mention horse pwer figures over 300 , they cringe. :eek!:

LVjetboy
06-06-2004, 01:05 AM
I won't waste money on an insurance co. that doesn't know the truth about my boat. And my safety gear is just fine. And my home owner insurance is USAA and they will not insure my boat.
jer

sanger rat
06-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Farm Bureau is covering my 77 sanger picklefork for $99.00 a year. I guess it's cheaper in Michigan. Maybe becuse we can only boat 3 months out of the year.

Cs19
06-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Terheggen/Malone said they only cover appraised not replacement. That means if some idiot jet ski jerk rams my $55k jet or it gets stolen or side-swiped on the highway they only pay maybe $15-20k if I'm lucky. That won't even replace the hull...let alone the freakin' engine. What good is that to me?
jer
Ok so you can suffer a total loss then, hopefully that never happens, in the case it did you would regret saying that.20k would look real nice compared to nothing in the event of it being totaled or stolen.
I also will take a hit , I'm insured for only 29k for the boat and 1k on the trailer, and yes i have more invested.I dont care I want to see something in return if some piece of shit rips off my boat or I get rear ended on the 91 freeway.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-08-2004, 07:11 AM
They came out Fri and took pics. The only questions he asked was how fast? I said we will see, this is the first time out but the guy told me it will do 65. Also he asked if I just built the motor? I responded "nothis is the way I bought it. I put the bimini and ski racks on it to get the family ski boat theme working but it was hard to hide the tunnel ram and the 2x4's. I will know by the end of the week I'm sure. Boat runs awesome.

Screemy1
06-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I have had progressive since May 1st. They said it had to be inspected but the inspector never showed on the day I had scheduled. That was a wasted time off of work. The inspectors have left messages and when I call I am put on hold, after 5 minutes I hang up... Here it is June 11 and two payments to the insurance and I have not heard anything from them.... I will let them take pics if they show, but till then... I guess it is covered... 1977 Haskell w/ 454 panther jet 20.5ft, with basset headers OT. horsepower??? who caes... it runs fast enough to scare the wife, power to pull 3 skiiers(shore start), and 4 people on inflatables... Gee, if they cancel me since it never was inspected... I wonder if they wil give me the money back since it is pretty much paid through the year?

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Just got cancelled. Screemy, on their cancellation notice it is a blanket statement that includes OT headers and exposed motor in the same category. I have exposed motor but TT headers. I quess it is time to get back on the phone.

Screemy1
06-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Ohh Well......... atleast I do get my money back.... I guess I will be in this search too. Wow... how many uninsured boats are on a lake at a givin time????

LVjetboy
06-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Until lake insurance's mandatory, dread that day, companies are free to pick and choose with little pressure. They'll say take it or leave it. If we all left it, there'd be some true financial casualties no doubt. And some crooks loosing money. And pressure on the industry to change. The net result? Maybe a better hot boat experience.
jer

bottom feeder
06-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Hello All,
Here is what has been working for me. I am with State Farm on my boat. The coverage is for declared value. They rate you off your history. Helps with the scamers? They had me bring the boat down along with any paperwork I could provide. They took some pictures and asked a few simple questions thats it. Now for the kicker. This is only for storage and transporting. It covers collision while being towed, theft, vadalizium, and fire thats it! Hope this my help some?
Bottom Feeder

calperf19
06-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Did anyone try that guy that used to be in the back of hot boat? I don't know if he or his company is around still. The # was 800-hot bote. I talked with him about two years ago and told him exactly what I had. Told him that I wanted 30,000 total value replacement on the boat and that it was a or going to be a 100 mph boat. He offered towing / liability and replacement for something like 1600.00 per year. He's probably out of business but give it a shot!
Hope this helps BK

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
You guys are talking like the most important thing is the replacement value of the boat, its not. If heaven forbid something was to happen the liability portion of the policy is what is going to save your butt. If it is this hard to get insurance it scares me to think how many people are on the water with none. In the society we live in today you need to be covered to the hilt. I'm suprised Metropoitan Water District is not named in the HTM suit for putting water in the lake.

LVjetboy
06-18-2004, 01:14 PM
It's point of view. I'm ok accepting (and not paying for) liability risk why? Besides the fact it's over-priced or not available, silly me, I'm betting I won't be at fault. My track record seems to support that. Yes, even though that lake lice at fault could pin it on me with no witnesses and I'm over the limit, that's a risk I'll take.
With liability, you're betting you'll loose. And buying into a litigation driven mentality.
Towing, fire or theft on the other hand? That's what I'm interested in since liability seems out of the question. So why not have replacement coverage for those risks? My boat's my life. If someone screws with it and I'm paying a big premium I want it replaced in full not some tolken appraisal that won't even replace the hull.
jer

Bense468
06-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Do you think it matters anymore who's fault it is. You blow .08 your done. Even if you are not, its his word vs yours. You better be able to cover your ass. Doesn't suprise me that you don't run it Jer. :rolleyes:

LVjetboy
06-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Over the limit you're automatically faulted...but avoiding lice or idiots may be the best policy. That's why I say I'll take the risk.
Have you considered boating during the week? Seems a small price to pay. Much better water and traffic too. But insurance companies don't care or don't take that factor into account...even though in the end that may be the key. And boating experience and record don't matter to them compared to type of boat and power. Why is that? Probably because people could lie to them about experience or when they boat but it's harder to lie about length and power.
Don't run it? So Bense, now you're an expert on how much I run? Come out to Havasu this Sunday or Monday (20/21) I'll be there. Before that Powell Memorial three day weekend no less. Before that Freeboard Callenge at Big River. Before that Temple Bar for three days during the week. Before that Powell four days (again) Before that Callville bay...two weeks in a row. The list (this season so far) goes on...most of the time Callville for day trips during the week. Much better for avoiding the crazies and the cops and the need for liability.
Let my know how this's not running it ok?
jer

Bense468
06-18-2004, 04:17 PM
didn't mean your boat. I was talking about insurance.
Don't need to get your panties in a f uckin bunch there chops. Oh an I just may be leaving for Havasu tonight skippy.

WILDERTHANU
06-18-2004, 04:21 PM
LOL.......YA CHOPS!!!

LVjetboy
06-18-2004, 04:41 PM
I don't run insurance because nobody will insure a 19' PlaceCraft tunnel jet that runs 100 mph with an engine rated at over 700 hp and OT's...injected and coated or not, not that they'd know the difference.
Insurance companies offer cookie-cutter policies, enforced by agents who don't have a clue, designed to make them a profit based on generic risk profiles...including high liability customers like lake lice who I'm guessing they feel the need to cover because of volume?? That occasional Hot Boat customer with different needs isn't worth it?
Whatever their logic, it doesn't apply to everyone. And nobody I've found will cover just towing, theft or comprehensive. Those have nothing to do with power or speed on the lake.
Scr*w them! I'd be willing to add limited coverage for a substancial price and peace of mind but you know what? After so many calls and bogus replys I say scr*w them!
jer

LVjetboy
06-18-2004, 04:51 PM
"Oh an I just may be leaving for Havasu tonight skippy."
Well, I'm staying and boating on the south east end just above Parker Dam at Havasu Springs. We normally do the main island, but drove by the springs on the way back from FBC and thought it looked cool. Come on down and I'll be happy to share a brew. And give you a run?
jer

Bense468
06-18-2004, 04:52 PM
I was just screwing with you with the chops part jer. Have a good weekend. Gotta go.

Mortgage Paul
06-24-2004, 11:53 PM
I have a 19 Daytona with a 2.4. Ive always had coverage, but its not cheap.
Last few years too busy to use it so I got NON Use, NOn Navigational coverage at almost 1,300 per year.
These Surveys are a joke. 3 years ago, I was stood up by a guy 3 times after driving 1.5 hours to meet the guy 1/2 way.
Finally, we meet and he takes pics, fills out some forms, asks questions etc, I even offered to take the guy out on the water. My boat is not setup for any kind of real speed, mostly wakeboarding and stuff.
Anyway, A year later I find out that I needed ANOTHER Survey as they never received mine, after I paid 300 bucks to this guy since the Ins Company said I had to get it done. This guy went MIA. No Survey to be found.
Another year goes by, need Another Survey for another Ins Company. Stood Up 2 times. (this time I guess the Insurance Co paid the guy becasue I didnt and he never asked for Money or even mentioned it and He called Me to do it for them.)
After 2 times stood up and roughly the same amount of drive time to meet this guy 1/2 way, takes pics fills out some stuff bla bla bla.
Never hear anything till 6 months later, Ins Co, wants a Survey becasue one was NEVER done. WTH?? Unbelievable. They didnt even have a record of having a guy contact me. I told them who it was etc and they were clueless.
That's was when I switched it to NON Navigational NON Use as they didnt need one then and I wasnt using it anyway as it was toward the end of the year, and I have used it since.
It only saved a few hundred per year, but at least I didnt have to deal with ANOTHER survey that may never get to the Ins Company.
Its time to renew again. State Farm contrary to what people have said is a NO GO.
I'm gonna try them again and tell them it has a center pod/middle V/ tri hull etc and send pics if I need to but from what I gather its a NO.
Most others NO. I have a list of others to call, and I know I can renew, as there are companies Like Lloyds of London who will Insure anything, but sometimes the prices are ridiculous..
Oh and my rig isnt set up for any type of speed, as I am usually towing a wakeboarder etc and dont need to go fast but still like the looks, handling, etc of that type boat.
Right now with no time, I just need the usual coverages without Water use. Did you know most boat policies have a 100 mile trailering limit unless you pay more?

LVjetboy
06-25-2004, 02:22 AM
...and most won't cover without water use. No designer policies sorry. Let me know how that Lloyds of London thing goes. They insured the space shuttle right? Surely a jet here or there won't matter?
jer

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
06-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Done deal, Thanks for the tip CS19, got a policy number today, very resonable price, considering.

LVjetboy
07-01-2004, 03:39 AM
"They came out Fri and took pics. The only questions he asked was how fast? I said we will see, this is the first time out but the guy told me it will do 65 Also he asked if I just built the motor? I responded "nothis is the way I bought it. I put the bimini and ski racks on it to get the family ski boat theme working but it was hard to hide the tunnel ram and the 2x4's. I will know by the end of the week I'm sure. Boat runs awesome."
65's a bit off your original 70-100 mph post. But hey, you got insurance so all's good right? Like "just building the motor" or not makes any difference...jeez!
jer

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Jer, the number of 65MPH where with progressive and I truely did not know what the boat would do. My new policy is stated @550hp and 75 MPH, and they still could cover me. The pictures show exposed motor with dual quads,headers,the bottom configuration and pump. 1 ticket and 1 accident in the last 3 years. Nothing was fibbed to get a policy because that does you no good. The 70-100Mph question was that I am thinking about future uprades. I most surely would not spend the money on motor and pump work if I could not find anyone to insure it.