PDA

View Full Version : Howard Regatta

goneboatin
06-02-2004, 11:33 AM
The Howard Regatta is still on the 25, 26, & 27th of June, right? How do I go about ordering some shirts and hats? I'm making plans, but staying at BlueWater and cruising up from the Springs. Is there a central meeting location? Looking forward to see all you Howard owners out there.

little rowe boat
06-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Well first off there is not an official HCB regatta,Nick SDLifesaver tried to put one together but did not receive any support from the owners of HCB,so needless to say there are no hats or shirts for the unofficial HCB get together at Lake Havasu on the weekend of 6-25. I emailed Nick to find out what is going on with the get together and he said he would be there that weekend but did not have an Itinarary.So it is pretty much up in the air.

goneboatin
06-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Well, me and the family be up there anyway, we'll check out the channel and the sandbar. Hope to see all you Howard folk out there.

little rowe boat
06-02-2004, 09:11 PM
There should be quite a few of us their.

roln 20s
06-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Ok- lets keep this at the top, and get a list of those going. LRB or Nick- either of you get a list of Howard Boat Buyers and numbers, if so, let me know and I'll call some.
Lets get the list going:
Roln 20s with GF (Patrick and Amanda- riding with Dr Marg)
Dr Marg and family
Badaxe?
Little Rowe Boat
SDLifesaver
CBudge?
Blown Howard? still gonna be working?
Killer V?
GT- you coming in another Howard?
Mike Willen- call me!
New Owner to GT's boats (Bullet 1 and Bullet 2)
28 Howard Bullet at LA Show ("Bite the Bullet"- I think his name is Les John?)
Hulshot?
TCHB?
BlownHowardCat?
VDCruiser?
Travis- HCB?
MNHowardCat?
Alan Rice (Steamin Rice's dad)
VDriveRide?
HolyMoly?
These are all of the members I can think of that have Howards (or I think they do :D)- so please add to the list. I'll give everyone a couple of days to respond, then I will start PM people :D
Roln 20s <----can't wait for this regatta

SDLifesaver
06-07-2004, 05:22 AM
Due to lack of interest I canned the shirts and hats. I spent a couple hundred dollars on art work and digitizing but 21 shirts and 9 hats isn't worth all the money it was going to cost. The weekend is the 24,25,26 so I guess just look for Howards in the channel.

dr. margarita
06-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
The weekend is the 24,25,26 so I guess just look for Howards in the channel.
How about posting a common meeting location, say Friday afternoon around 1pm or so at the Sandbar and 10:00AM Saturday at Steamboat? Once we have some concurrence, we can post a thread with some kind of itinerary. This way we'll all hook up.
Roln and Nick, thanks for your energy guys!!! Sorry to here about the lack of interest on the shirt and hats, but we gotta try our best with this deal because it will send a clear message to Mike and Gene that a regatta is essential considering we all have purchased one of the finest, highest dollar products available.
If we can organize just a little with a common meeting time on the water and maybe dinner one night, we'll have a blast!!!! Marg's will flow! Patrick, bring the big cooler (I'll make a huge batch):D

little rowe boat
06-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Thanks Nick, sorry all of your hard work didn't pay off.

dr. margarita
06-07-2004, 12:05 PM
We'll make it up to him!!! After the fourth marg I pour him, he'll forget all about the shirts and hats!!!
Let's all keep this thread alive so the word gets out!

goneboatin
06-07-2004, 01:18 PM
It'll be a Howards and Margaritas weekend!:D :cool: :D

BADAXE
06-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I've said it in every thread on this subject......I'M GOING TO BE THERE!:D I think Dr. Marg's plan works good for me.

markc
06-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Count me in! I've been wainting for a Howard regatta for the past 9 years and still no regatta. Thanks ogshocker for letting me know about this event!

SDLifesaver
06-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Let's find out when everyone is getting in town and maybe meet friday afternoon in the channel and then do the drive to steamboat in parade fashion on Saturday. Dr. Margarita, Mandelon said you do make a damn good Margy. We are leaving from San Diego Friday am and should arrive about 1-2 pm. Can be in the water by 2:30 or 3:00.

dr. margarita
06-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Nick! The channel on Friday sounds good except it's a little hard to get all the boats together. Last Friday, June 4th, the channel was packed. It maybe difficult to find everyone. The only reason I suggested the Sandbar is room to tie up together but hey, I'll go with the flow. We'll be on the water Thursday having lunch at the Springs. Saturday Steamboat by 10am??
Killer V - Where are ya dude?! Are you bringing the kids?

little rowe boat
06-07-2004, 08:19 PM
We should arrive at the springs around noon on friday and be on the water at 1:00 or 1:30. If we are going to meet in the channel we will head up as soon as we launch.

dr. margarita
06-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Flag me down if ya see me!!

roln 20s
06-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Patrick, bring the big cooler (I'll make a huge batch)
You got it-- already packed:D
MarkC- glad to see a new face for Howard emerge- welcome.
Roln 20s

OGShocker
06-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by markc
Count me in! I've been wainting for a Howard regatta for the past 9 years and still no regatta. Thanks ogshocker for letting me know about this event!
No worries Mark.
You boys play nice with my friend please. He is good people.

plaster dave
06-07-2004, 10:08 PM
plaster dave "if everything goes well with new motor":D 26 cat
Lets get the list going:
Roln 20s with GF (Patrick and Amanda- riding with Dr Marg)
Dr Marg and family
Badaxe?
Little Rowe Boat
SDLifesaver
CBudge?
Blown Howard? still gonna be working?
Killer V?
GT- you coming in another Howard?
Mike Willen- call me!
New Owner to GT's boats (Bullet 1 and Bullet 2)
28 Howard Bullet at LA Show ("Bite the Bullet"- I think his name is Les John?)
Hulshot?
TCHB?
BlownHowardCat?
VDCruiser?
Travis- HCB?
MNHowardCat?
Alan Rice (Steamin Rice's dad)
VDriveRide?
HolyMoly?

roln 20s
06-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Travis- PM me your number- I'll call ya.
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
06-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Since this is a Howard thread, I won't feel so bad diverting it away from the regatta just a little. I was at Howard yesterday and saw the most beautiful cat ever in the show room. It's completely blue with orange fade flames from the bow to one third of the way back. Then a few, minimal flames whisps back toward the transom. Totally smokin. I wish I was carrying my camera. If someone goes in the next few days, I think it would be cool to post some pics.

SDLifesaver
06-09-2004, 02:50 PM
For anyone who want's to meet up, my cell # is 619-654-3012. Nick

Troubles No More
06-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I look forward to this year’s unofficial Howard get-together, I will be in Havasu Thursday thru Saturday with family and friends, I would welcome the opportunity to meet some new friends & Howard boat owners.

dr. margarita
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Dog! The boat is beautiful!! Can't wait to meet everyone as well. Nothing like meeting new peeps drinking margs. Especially peeps that own Howards.
Looks like we're all gonna meet Friday afternoon in the Channel. Whoever gets there first, make room and flag Howards down!! Saturday looks like 10:00am at Steamboat. I'll keep posting this until I hear differently. Nick, I'll PM you. :cool:

little rowe boat
06-09-2004, 06:43 PM
For anyone who want's to meet up, my cell # is 619-654-3012. Nick
Nick,I will give you a call when we get on the water.

roln 20s
06-10-2004, 09:12 PM
TTT!
Roln 20s

TPI
06-10-2004, 09:44 PM
You guys have a good(safe)time. For me: No Howard, No regatta. So I will not be attending. :(

roln 20s
06-10-2004, 10:26 PM
For me: No Howard, No regatta. So I will not be attending.
Thats the worst news I heard all day:( Hopefully you can find someone to get in a Howard and make the trip--no Howard shindig is complete without "Mr Bullet" :)
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
06-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Hey Roln i am working on it. Looks like its getting closer to being able to go again see what happens

dr. margarita
06-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Just talked to the father and son at Paul Miller Construction.

dr. margarita
06-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Whoops....accidentally hit the "Send Reply" button before finishing the last post and I'm not even drunk. The son will be in a 21ft Howard Day Cruiser and dad will be in his Blosdale powered cat. This is gonna rock!! They'll be in the channel Friday afternoon!!

dr. margarita
06-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by GT
You guys have a good(safe)time. For me: No Howard, No regatta. So I will not be attending. :(
:( :( :( :( No chance you and Mike grab a shop boat and join us???

BLOWN HOWARD
06-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey Dr Marg when you gonna be out there. Lets hook up on friday and run up to havasu. You know the millers huh??? They are a close friend of my family's

RVRKID
06-11-2004, 01:17 PM
I just sent the link over to Todd Miller

roln 20s
06-11-2004, 07:59 PM
The son will be in a 21ft Howard Day Cruiser and dad will be in his Blosdale powered cat. This is gonna rock!! They'll be in the channel Friday afternoon!!
Thats awesome- I'm definately stoked. Good work "doctor." :D
Roln 20s

dr. margarita
06-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
Hey Dr Marg when you gonna be out there. Lets hook up on friday and run up to havasu. You know the millers huh??? They are a close friend of my family's
We'll be out Thursday afternoon, staying at the Springs. I would love to hook up and run to Havasu Friday.
Hey Blown Howard, are you the guy that has the cool trailer down near the water at Havasu Springs? I met a guy that has a red and purple Howard cat with a blown Blosdale in it. Could that be you?

dr. margarita
06-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RVRKID
I just sent the link over to Todd Miller
Sweet! Looking forward to getting to know Todd better, I've known his dad for several years.

dr. margarita
06-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
I'm definately stoked:D
Roln 20s
When you com'in out Roln? Have you gotten an owner's list from Mike or Gene yet?

BLOWN HOWARD
06-12-2004, 05:57 AM
No Dr Marg i have a place down in parker on the az side, and i am running a 22ft offshore with a blower motor. Lets definetly hook up on friday and run to havasu. I will keep in touch so we can meet up. So far everything looks like i will be making it so far.

roln 20s
06-12-2004, 11:26 AM
When you com'in out Roln? Have you gotten an owner's list from Mike or Gene yet?
We'll be leaving the house around 6am on Friday, so in Parker around 8am. Unless you want me there sooner...just name the time. I know, gotta love the 2 hour drive to Parker :D
I haven't got an owners list, but I will call Mike and Gene this week, and see what I can get.
So far everything looks like i will be making it so far.
Thats what I like to hear! :D
Roln 20s

roln 20s
06-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Dr Marg-
Off the topic, but I talked to the guys at AZ speed and marine about their 496 kit. The guy made it seem like- at some point, sooner than later, you are going to needs new pistons. He says he has seen some of them blow even on the Stock 496-without his product. Based on this info- I DON'T really think for $5500 installed, approx 100-110 gain (525-535hp total), its worth it :( If you get into internals...might as well put that towards a TP 700 EFI :D
Roln 20s

roln 20s
06-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I talked to Gene today, I hope to have a list of some sort with Howard owners and contact information tomorrow.
I hope so!
Roln 20s

little rowe boat
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
I talked to Gene today, I hope to have a list of some sort with Howard owners and contact information tomorrow.
I hope so!
Roln 20s
Don't hold your breath.

Troubles No More
06-15-2004, 04:58 AM
Roln 20s
I will be at the shop Wednesday or Thursday to check on my boat, (had a problem with the stereo speaker). I will remind Gene/Mike about the list.

BLOWN HOWARD
06-15-2004, 05:50 AM
Hey Dogred wich boat is yours over there, i was just there last week.

roln 20s
06-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Awesome Dogred- thanks so much. Even if we can only get ahold of a few on such short notice...a few is better than none.
BlownHoward- here's a pic of what his boat looks like- this was the first, Howard made him another with a little different lines, but I can't find that pic.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1419Howard_25_Bullet_6-med.jpg
Roln 20s

roln 20s
06-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Phat cat-- is this going to be the maiden voyage of the new Cat. Can't wait to see it completed.
Roln 20s

Troubles No More
06-15-2004, 08:29 PM
this one

roln 20s
06-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Bad news-- due to confident information, and Howard not having anything that I can use quickly to contact people-- Gene will tell everyone that calls, but no list within the next week to give us time for the Regatta.
Good news-- due to all of your hard work, Gene and Mike have become believers in a Regatta--next year WILL have the 1st OFFICIAL HOWARD REGATTA. Information will passed out around the LA Boat Show with regards to the Regatta. TShirts and everything will definately become a reality.
Nick and everyone else that has put effort in it- it has not gone unnoticed by Mike or Gene. They have been following these threads.
But, for this Howard Regatta in two weekends, we will have a great time. I know I can't wait.
Roln 20s

little rowe boat
06-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Bad news-- due to confident information, and Howard not having anything that I can use quickly to contact people-- Gene will tell everyone that calls, but no list within the next week to give us time for the Regatta.
Good news-- due to all of your hard work, Gene and Mike have become believers in a Regatta--next year WILL have the 1st OFFICIAL HOWARD REGATTA. Information will passed out around the LA Boat Show with regards to the Regatta. TShirts and everything will definately become a reality.
Nick and everyone else that has put effort in it- it has not gone unnoticed by Mike or Gene. They have been following these threads.
But, for this Howard Regatta in two weekends, we will have a great time. I know I can't wait.
Roln 20s
I hope you are right about the regatta but I really dought Gene has any intentions of having a regatta.Before I purchased my boat according to Gene,there was going to be a regatta.Sorry to be such a pessimist,if I see it I will believe it.

dmontzsta
06-16-2004, 11:11 PM
regattas are always nice.

Ivan Dan
06-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Magic Regatta this weekend

dmontzsta
06-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Ivan Dan
Magic Regatta this weekend
Lavey soon

Ivan Dan
06-16-2004, 11:50 PM
u goin?

dmontzsta
06-17-2004, 12:02 AM
u goin?
probably not, but it is soon! :D

Ivan Dan
06-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
probably not, but it is soon! :D
me either

dmontzsta
06-17-2004, 12:07 AM
me either
rebel against them, its all good. :D

Ivan Dan
06-17-2004, 12:07 AM
rebel against them, its all good. :D
they don't really appreciate it too much when you show up to a Lavey Regatta pimpin all Magic stuff

dmontzsta
06-17-2004, 12:10 AM
they don't really appreciate it too much when you show up to a Lavey Regatta pimpin all Magic stuff
I am sure they dont mind. :) and who cares if they do. :D

Ivan Dan
06-17-2004, 12:10 AM
I am sure they dont mind. :) and who cares if they do. :D
true true....Lavey Regatta it is then

dmontzsta
06-17-2004, 12:11 AM
true true....Lavey Regatta it is then
Bring those backyard hoes too.

Ivan Dan
06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Bring those backyard hoes too.
they are gonna meet us out there....I said meet me at the Sandbar at high noon on Saturday

dmontzsta
06-17-2004, 12:24 AM
they are gonna meet us out there....I said meet me at the Sandbar at high noon on Saturday
so sweet.

Ivan Dan
06-17-2004, 12:25 AM
so sweet.
can't wait :D

dr. margarita
06-17-2004, 06:35 AM
I'm gettin pumped!!! See you all out there! Roln 20's, see you at the Springs for breakfast. I'll call you on the cell that morning with our room number. We'll be in the Marina Rooms above the bar and restaurant. Boat in the slip in front of the restaurant. No need to bring the giant cooler for the margs....I think the big one I have will do. I will have reinforcements in the room!
Dogred, I can't wait to see your new Bullet on the water.

Troubles No More
06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Legitimate Howard Regatta in 2005?
That would be something to look forward to next summer.
Just need to know location/lake and time.
DM-see you on the water/channel.

roln 20s
06-17-2004, 09:39 PM
TTT- t-minus a week!
Roln 20s

Troubles No More
06-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Has anyone posted this unofficial Howard get-together in any other boating forums?
The more Howard boats the merrier............

SDLifesaver
06-19-2004, 07:54 AM
6 more days.

WaterBox
06-19-2004, 08:22 AM
Ya know, It really "SUCKS" That the people at the Howard Boat company won't support the people for one weekend, that has supported them for years...:mad: Yes Gene and Mike, were talking about YOU!!!!:yuk:

little rowe boat
06-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by WaterBox
Ya know, It really "SUCKS" That the people at the Howard Boat company won't support the people for one weekend, that has supported them for years...:mad: Yes Gene and Mike, were talking about YOU!!!!:yuk:
Ain't that the truth.

roln 20s
06-19-2004, 11:08 AM
So Waterbox- we'll see you there right?
Roln 20s <---roln with Dr Marg to the Regatta :D

BLOWN HOWARD
06-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Hey Patrick i will see you out there, I am gonna make it after all. Hey Dr Marg shoot me your number so i can get ahold of you on friday morning so we can run up to havasu. I will be getting there wed morn earlly.
Chris

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 08:23 AM
they are still great, are you guys excited?

roln 20s
06-20-2004, 11:00 AM
they are still great, are you guys excited?
Excited doesn't explain it.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
06-20-2004, 08:30 PM
5 days and counting...
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
06-21-2004, 05:45 AM
5 Days for you huh, I am heading out Wed morn or maybe tuesday night. I will see you out there Friday. Dr Marg shoot me your number to get ahold of you.

little rowe boat
06-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Bump

SDLifesaver
06-21-2004, 06:41 PM
We will be in Havasu around 1 or 2 pm on Friday and will be staying until Monday afternoon. I had a conversation with Mike Willen the other day and he mentioned to me that "I" made Howard look bad by trying to put this meeting together. At first I was apologetic to him, but after several days I am more angry than anything. At no time did I ever want, expect, or ask for help from them with any of this. I never bad mouthed them on this site and if you read all the related posts, I repeatedly said that I understand their not wanting to be involved and that they are business persons first and foremost. I tried to promote their company by doing this without anyone elses help or expense. I have been a proud Howard owner for a few years now and wanted to meet other proud owners and share stories. Now, all I want to do is move on, put the expense and headache of this aside, and re-think a future boat purchase. Nick

roln 20s
06-21-2004, 08:01 PM
We will be in Havasu around 1 or 2 pm on Friday and will be staying until Monday afternoon. I had a conversation with Mike Willen the other day and he mentioned to me that "I" made Howard look bad by trying to put this meeting together. At first I was apologetic to him, but after several days I am more angry than anything. At no time did I ever want, expect, or ask for help from them with any of this. I never bad mouthed them on this site and if you read all the related posts, I repeatedly said that I understand their not wanting to be involved and that they are business persons first and foremost. I tried to promote their company by doing this without anyone elses help or expense. I have been a proud Howard owner for a few years now and wanted to meet other proud owners and share stories. Now, all I want to do is move on, put the expense and headache of this aside, and re-think a future boat purchase. Nick
Wow- I hope that Mike didn't mean it that way. I think this is great. Building loyalty and truely showing how the owners respect and love their boat- and want to share that with others. I applaud what you did and think it is great. I'm going to this thing, super excited and expect to have one hell of a time--and I'm just a Howard Boat Owner want to be :D
Roln 20s

Mandelon
06-21-2004, 08:09 PM
How shortsighted of them, here you are promoting them, thier boats and their company, getting recognition for Howard here and out on the lake and they give you grief over it??? WTF??
It shows how willing Howard owners are to stand up for their brands even thought the company won't. All they have to do is cut a check to Joker's Wild and be done with it...then show up for the fun party......
Good Will is priceless. Duh.

SDLifesaver
06-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I don't understand the whole thing. Like I said, I am over it. Rich, I think you know me by now in that all I want to do is have a good time. I was kinda blown away by Mike saying that. Here I am talking to him about potentially spending 100,000 plus for a new boat after I already spent 50,000 plus 2 years ago and I made them look bad??????.

little rowe boat
06-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Believe me Nick you did not make them look bad,they did that all on there own by not stepping up in the first place.

Essex502
06-22-2004, 06:11 AM
I apologize in advance for pissing any of you loyal Howard owners off but this same weekend you'll see another great boating company rewarding its owners with a Regatta - 200 boats strong - in Havasu. Don't get me wrong, I think Howard makes a fantastic boat and the 28 Bullet is likely to be my next boat but the Willens need to know how to generate more business and that is through promotions and owner loyalty events like a Regatta. I think you guys are right in getting the owners together to show them that it can be a fun and rewarding event for them too. They don't need to have a Regatta every year like some companies do or even every other year as Essex does but at least once in a while to stay in touch and generate some excitement.
Now you could say that their business is good enough that they don't need to "market" it through a Regatta nor reward their loyal customers but then why do they pay for advertising in the boat magazines? Every business needs more business.

Mandelon
06-22-2004, 06:23 AM
Essex is right. If they are too busy now to bother, then why advertise at all. I think the 25 adn 28 Bullets are badass and would put them at the top of my list for next boat. (Coupla years away no doubt, but it'll happen.)
But I guess you just can't expect a regatta out of them. They are missing out. The folks at Lavey sure seem to enjoy theirs. If you personally meet and know the owners, I think one feels more brand loyalty.

dr. margarita
06-22-2004, 07:54 AM
all I want to do is have a good time
And this we will do!:D

BLOWN HOWARD
06-22-2004, 11:06 AM
I am with the Dr on this one

uncle larry
06-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
How shortsighted of them, here you are promoting them, thier boats and their company, getting recognition for Howard here and out on the lake and they give you grief over it??? WTF??
It shows how willing Howard owners are to stand up for their brands even thought the company won't. All they have to do is cut a check to Joker's Wild and be done with it...then show up for the fun party......
Good Will is priceless. Duh.
I share your frustration, I (Todd from Jokers Wild) have purchased two New Howards and currently own one of their 26 Cats. I've had several conversations with Mike Willen and we have actually had their Regatta on our LA Boat Show schedule twice but it fell through.
Good Luck
Todd Taylor
Jokers Wild Promotions
www.jokerswildpromotions.com
www.411Havasu.com

Mandelon
06-22-2004, 07:10 PM
I see that Havasu411 boat out there every trip I go on.....

TPI
06-22-2004, 07:57 PM
IMO,
IF Mike said exactly what was quoted, I THINK I know what he meant:
Howard flies under the radar nice and quiet building their 50+ custom boats a year, not bothering anyone or making any waves. Relatively small advertisement's and selling their maximum producable number of boats annually. A customer says he's going to get a bunch of Howard's together and have an "Unofficial Regatta", which I think is great! But out come's the talk of how Howard is cheap, Gene will never have a Regatta, Blah, Blah, Blah. Now all of the sudden, Howard is not under the radar anymore, but they are in what I would call the negative spotlight. I wonder how many explanations they have had to give since this all started? Probably several. Who know's, this is just my observation.:confused:
I hope all of you guys have a great time, and I wish I still had a Howard to take.:(

little rowe boat
06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm still waiting for my explanation from 10 yr's ago.

roln 20s
06-22-2004, 08:13 PM
You know, regardless of what is said, I'm happy this is happening, and will do my best to ensure the continuation year after year. The moral of the story is we are all going to go out there, have a great time, enjoy ourselves, family, friends and Howards--plus sip on some of the Doctor's drinks--doesn't get much better than that.
Roln 20s

SDLifesaver
06-23-2004, 09:22 AM
GT, you have been a great PR piece for Howard with the boats you have recently built. I am sure your boats have stimulated the sales of the 25' Bullet without question. I understand they have probably had to answer alot of questions, but if they feel strongly about there choice then what's the big deal. This was not started to cause them any negative press or attention. I wasn't even the person that contacted them for an owners list. I had the integrity to ask Mike if he cared and he said not at all and would be interested in attending. I bought my Howard because I met a couple in the channel that had one. They were so proud of it and the wife and I fell in love with the design and how it looked different than all the other pointed boats. 6 months and 55,000 dollars later we had ours. My idea was to meet other owners, share our story, and hey, maybe make some more friends that we could meet up with during our trips to Havasu. I now regret even doing this. It has turned out to be a big pain in the ass. It has probably affected our relationship with the Willen's. It has probably changed our customer relations with them on buying a new boat in the future. All those things are really a bummer to me. I am still proud to be a Howard owner and we really like our boat even though we now realize that we need a larger, more big water friendly boat. Hindsight is always 20/20 and we should have bought bigger initially but live and learn. Like I said, I regret doing this because of the reasons I stated above. My intentions were never to make the Willens uncomfortable or have to explain themselves to people about their choices. I look forward to meeting any Howard owners this weekend putting faces with the names on the board, but as far as being excited or looking forward to a big group function. I'm out. Nick

roln 20s
06-23-2004, 04:20 PM
I wasn't even the person that contacted them for an owners list.
You are entirely correct- I'm not sure how many did, but I know I did. And with more time, I would have gotten one.
I now regret even doing this. It has turned out to be a big pain in the ass. It has probably affected our relationship with the Willen's. It has probably changed our customer relations with them on buying a new boat in the future.
I wish you wouldn't regret it, eventhough I see what you are saying. Howard boats is a professional organization, as you seem to be a very professional individual--I hope nothing changes--in fact I hope your relationship improves rathers its just saying hi or a new boat purchase-YOU DESERVE IT. Your enthusiasm toward their product gains extra respect from me...cuz I'm the same way, as all Howard owners seem to be.
I look forward to meeting any Howard owners this weekend putting faces with the names on the board
As do we!!
2 days and counting for me---I'm jealous for those of you that are there or getting ready to go :D
BTW- Hopefully Les John will be joining us. I hope to talk to him today- here's his boat- a beautiful 28 Bullet Open Bow "Bite the Bullet."
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1419Howard_28_Bullet_1-med.jpg
Roln 20s

TCHB
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Nick I think Howard should be paying you for all the good press you give them. They can not buy the good that you have created with Howard Boats. Good Luck with the Regatta and see you the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uncle larry
06-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I see that Havasu411 boat out there every trip I go on.....
It's actually 411Havasu.com
Someone is trying to capitalize on our gig and they are confusing people, they reversed it.
411Havasu.com should be a pretty cool site when we are done with it. (Sucks for Now)
:cool:

roln 20s
06-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I share your frustration, I (Todd from Jokers Wild) have purchased two New Howards and currently own one of their 26 Cats.
Hey Todd- are you going to make it out there to meet up with the Howard folks? Would love to see your 26 cat- does it have a quad whipple?
Roln 20s

uncle larry
06-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey Todd- are you going to make it out there to meet up with the Howard folks? Would love to see your 26 cat- does it have a quad whipple?
Roln 20s
I wish I could but i'm doing Essex's Regatta this weekend. I havent even had my Howard out this year, Ive been playing around with the new Nordic 35. I do miss the Howard, once you have had a cat it's hard to like a V!!!
My cat has the twin Eaton blowers and fuel injection. Here is a picture.

roln 20s
06-23-2004, 09:54 PM
I wish I could but i'm doing Essex's Regatta this weekend. I havent even had my Howard out this year, Ive been playing around with the new Nordic 35. I do miss the Howard, once you have had a cat it's hard to like a V!!!
I figured you were doing that Regatta. Well, if you see us cruising around- make sure and say hello. Hopefully next year you will be there because you are putting it on :D :)
BTW- that eaton blower is sick- is that around 1000hp or so? How fast is your cat?
Roln 20s

Essex502
06-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by uncle larry
My cat has the twin Eaton blowers and fuel injection. Here is a picture.
Todd...we'll see you at the Essex Regatta and hopefully by the time we take delivery of a Howard (next year if all goes as planned) they'll see the light and sponsor a Regatta. Tell them about all the fun the Essex owners have!

Essex502
06-24-2004, 06:32 AM
You are entirely correct- I'm not sure how many did, but I know I did. And with more time, I would have gotten one.
I wish you wouldn't regret it, eventhough I see what you are saying. Howard boats is a professional organization, as you seem to be a very professional individual--I hope nothing changes--in fact I hope your relationship improves rathers its just saying hi or a new boat purchase-YOU DESERVE IT. Your enthusiasm toward their product gains extra respect from me...cuz I'm the same way, as all Howard owners seem to be.
As do we!!
2 days and counting for me---I'm jealous for those of you that are there or getting ready to go :D
BTW- Hopefully Les John will be joining us. I hope to talk to him today- here's his boat- a beautiful 28 Bullet Open Bow "Bite the Bullet."
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1419Howard_28_Bullet_1-med.jpg
Roln 20s
Patrick..if you talk to him...ask him if he's dating a gal in CA...he might be the Howard owner I met in CA a month or so ago...Lives off of Mulberry in LHC if it's the same guy. If he's married...I never met him! :D

goneboatin
06-24-2004, 07:05 AM
...so where's the (un)official meetin' place for all us Howard folk?

little rowe boat
06-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by goneboatin
...so where's the (un)official meetin' place for all us Howard folk?
When people hit the water on friday,we are supposed to meet in the channel.

WaterBox
06-24-2004, 08:16 AM
The Willen's have been alive, and in business long enough to know that there are some things in life that you just "NEED" to do. You might not want to do it, but to keep the heat off, and keep everybody happy ya got too. Kind a like paying Taxes.:yuk: And like someone else said above, It doesn't need to be a every year deal!!!! Un-like Taxes:D

little rowe boat
06-24-2004, 09:08 AM
The regatta is just something that is not important to them.Oh well what can you do.

havalen
06-26-2004, 12:06 AM
howard doesn't owe youa regatta. what they owe you is what you have the best custom boat you can buy thats what i think anyway.when you bought your boat you knew they did not have a regatta but it did not make you not buy it. how many of you go out on the weekends and do what you all week not a lot of you i bet.mike and gene spend hours to make sure you get the best boat built.i know they will have a regatta as soon as they can take time from building qualty boats.it is not as easy as just wrin ting a check. MY NAME IS LENNY HANCOCK and you can call me any time 928 486 5525

little rowe boat
06-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by havalen
howard doesn't owe youa regatta. what they owe you is what you have the best custom boat you can buy thats what i think anyway.when you bought your boat you knew they did not have a regatta but it did not make you not buy it. how many of you go out on the weekends and do what you all week not a lot of you i bet.mike and gene spend hours to make sure you get the best boat built.i know they will have a regatta as soon as they can take time from building qualty boats.it is not as easy as just wrin ting a check. MY NAME IS LENNY HANCOCK and you can call me any time 928 486 5525
When I purchased mine they said a regatta was in the works.
Met some nice peeps at the unofficial HCB regatta this weekend.

havalen
06-27-2004, 06:48 PM
AND THEY WILL

Troubles No More
06-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Lenny
I was with Gino this weekend and we notice your cat in the channel but nobody was in it, where were you?

Troubles No More
06-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Here’s a pic of the unofficial Howard get together on Sat, down by the Havasu Springs, I will apologize in advance that I did not have my wide angel lens with me to show all the boats, so this is the best I could do. I apologize for all the other Howard boats that where not included in the pic.
Next year I will be equipped with all the necessary gear to show all the boats.

roln 20s
06-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Dogred-
Great pic...but you are right, you really needed the wide angle lens to capture everything :D Great meeting you!
This unofficial regatta was a lot of fun. Met a lot of great Howard owners and their got to see their boats. I think that I saw atleast 15 Howards over the weekend, everything from Goneboatin's 22 sport- to KillerV's 28 Bullet--and everything in between.
Badaxe-great hanging with you and the family. And thanks again for the tow on the ski-bob: thats a wild ride.
DrMarg- as always, a great time. Thanks for everything- Amanda and I had a blast.
LRB- thanks for helping us out- very first class of you. Look forward to seeing you out there again- and anytime you visit Lake (un)Pleasant again, Beer and BBQ is on me :D
Havalen- what Howard is yours?
Roln 20s

havalen
06-27-2004, 08:27 PM
I am lucky to have a son who has a 100mph openbow cat. play and no pay its great

BADAXE
06-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Had a great time, met a few new friends, look forward to doing it again.
Here is a picture of Roln 20's waving to everyone from the skibob.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/96DCP_0815a.JPG

roln 20s
06-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I am lucky to have a son who has a 100mph openbow cat. play and no pay its great
Is it the one that has red stipes on a white base--as seen in ***boat and Powerboat a couple of years ago? If so, we pulled out the bullet next to him at the Springs--that boat is beautiful. Great choice by your son :D
Roln 20s

roln 20s
06-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Here is a picture of Roln 20's waving to everyone from the skibob.
Yes, I was upside down, being drug under the skibob at a high rate of speed...and thought- this is a great time to wave to everyone-LMAO :D :)
Great pic- thats now a regatta classic!
Roln 20s

havalen
06-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Yes thats the one and thanks for the comp.

BLOWN HOWARD
06-28-2004, 06:14 AM
Hey Roln sorry i didnt make it out on saturday i had some problems with my hatch on the boat. Dr Marg those are some good drinks and bad axe boat looks good. We will all have to hook up again some time soon.

Mandelon
06-28-2004, 07:32 AM
I saw Dr. Margarita gassin up in Parker, and he passed us in the channel......but that was it. Where were you guys hiding?

goneboatin
06-28-2004, 11:06 AM
I met Rolin 20s at the ramp at Havasu Springs, I saw the Lil' Rowe Boat, towing Dr. Marg being in. Sorry to hear about your hydraulic line, Doc, bummer.
I got beat to death going up to the channel from the Springs. When I got to the north opening at the channel, the wind was blowin something fierce and there was a crowd at the entrance, so I said the hell with it and tortured the kids in the seadoo tube in the bay for a while. Then we headed back to the Springs. So I never did cruise the channel, were there more than a handful of Howards up there?
Sorry we didn't get a chance to say hellos, and meet up later. I never saw Rolin 20s come by with the Dr's boat as I was wiping my boat off, he gave me his room number at Bluewater, where I was staying too, on the ramp, but it didn't stick.
I did see the the Dr's boat in the lot at Bluewater Sunday morning, I thought I might see a couple Howards on Sunday in Parker, but either you guys stayed up at Havasu or went home early Sunday.
Summer's just beginning, we're going to be back up the weekend after the 4th, and for the week of July 26th, hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up again.
GB

dr. margarita
06-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by havalen
MY NAME IS LENNY HANCOCK
Lenny! Good to here from you! Would love to tip a few with you the next time out! I'll call you! Tom

BLOWN HOWARD
06-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey Dr Marg what happen to the boat???? Sorry i didnt make it up to havasu on saturday, had some problems with the hatch and didnt want to risk it up on havasu. I was on parker around 1 or so on sat.Always looking for more howards to hang with in parker

dr. margarita
06-28-2004, 12:19 PM
You guys were all great to hang out with. It was cool seeing all the Howards on the water. We could never figure out who owns the white cat with purple flames...bitchen boat! Had a great time with Badaxe's family...thanks again to Little Rowe Boat for the help (I talked to Bruce on the way home..he got a kick out of the coincidence), nice meeting Chris (Blown Howard) and Dogred...that is one beautiful boat! Killer"V" as always cool to hang with! We had a blast!!! Missed GT big time! Sorry I missed you Nick and Mandelon...
Let's keep in touch via the forum and do this again. We'll just call it something else cause its not really a Regatta...a Howard "get-together". I kinda agree with Lenny. I'd rather have the "badest" boat on the water than worry about an "official regatta". The Willens run a boutique, first class operation and as everyone knows who visits or calls, they're constantly swamped building one of the finest boats...they aren't the type to simply hand a check over to a third party to run a "regatta". I'll bet when they decide to do this, if they do it...it will be a unique, first class operation!!

dr. margarita
06-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey Dr Marg what happen to the boat????
I had a hydraulic fitting come loose and lost steering. No big deal...the fluid drained into the bilge without a stain on the carpet. I called Eddie's Marine in Parker and he's on it.

BLOWN HOWARD
06-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey glad to hear it was something simple. That is one clean boat. The wife is sold on the 28 now so its all down hill from hear. Have to find a bank that has about 135,000 laying around so i can get me a 28 bullet

little rowe boat
06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Dr Marg.Roln20.Glad I could help. Any time.
Dr Marg. it sure is a small world when it comes to boating.

BLOWN HOWARD
06-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey Little RB that is a clean 22 you got there. The interior looks like it was worth every penny. Have to do mine next

little rowe boat
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey Little RB that is a clean 22 you got there. The interior looks like it was worth every penny. Have to do mine next
Thanks. Designer marine interior,did a great job,I am happy with the job they did.
So BH. I meant to ask you,what motor and blower do you have,and what kind of speed do you get out of your boat?

BLOWN HOWARD
06-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Its a 454 mag with a B&M 250 Blower with dual 750's on top, it puts out 650hp on the dyno and can run into the low 80's, i ran on gps with full gas tanks and 4 adult guys and a couple of ice chest 74.6, best part is it fits under the hatch. Nice little sleeper

little rowe boat
06-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Its a 454 mag with a B&M 250 Blower with dual 750's on top, it puts out 650hp on the dyno and can run into the low 80's, i ran on gps with full gas tanks and 4 adult guys and a couple of ice chest 74.6, best part is it fits under the hatch. Nice little sleeper
Very nice little sleeper.I wish I would have done something like that.

roln 20s
06-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey glad to hear it was something simple. That is one clean boat. The wife is sold on the 28 now so its all down hill from hear. Have to find a bank that has about 135,000 laying around so i can get me a 28 bullet
All of the banks have this laying around...you just have to apply, pay 5.5% interest for 20 years and its yours! $700 a month for the next 20 years...its all worth it!
I love Tom's 25 Bullet so much...but if I can swing it, I'll buy a 28 Bullet. I think I am going to talk to Mike and Gene soon...maybe even talk to Carson Brummet about that 730hp twin turbo single carb package:D That Conquest was so sick!
I talked to "Bite the Bullet" aka (Les John) last night for an hour or so. Super nice guy- had some buddies with him and was taking them to the Needles bridge--thought the regatta was another day. He left a message on my phone...which I turned on Sunday headin back to PHX- Opps. Needless to say-he's down for the next trip. Keith- great friend!
BH- I saw your boat and truck sitting in Parker by some restuarant when we were heading out sunday around 1pm- now I know what it looks like. Let me know when you are heading out there later in summer and we'll meet up.
I did see the the Dr's boat in the lot at Bluewater Sunday morning, I thought I might see a couple Howards on Sunday in Parker, but either you guys stayed up at Havasu or went home early Sunday.
Yeah- he and the fam came by and met Amanda and I for breakfast. While his kids were playing in the pool and that bad ass slide, Tom and I put the boat in storage. I'll let you know next time I'm out- we'll meet up. BTW- how do you like that quad steer Chevy? It looks bad ass.
TOM--You are the man! Thanks a million:D
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
06-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Sounds good Roln 20's i will let you know next time i am heading out for sure maybe get a few howards together for a little run up to topoc or something.

goneboatin
06-28-2004, 08:33 PM
I'll let you know next time I'm out- we'll meet up. BTW- how do you like that quad steer Chevy? It looks bad ass.
Roln 20s
Yeah Roln, we'll try to meet up this summer. Thanks on the bad ass compliment on my truck. If I did another truck, I'd definitely go for the Quadrasteer again. It maneuvers in parking lot like a small car. As for backing up or pulling out the trailer, any adjustment happens like right now, it rocks. I just wish the Q-steer was available with the Duramax, cause the 6.0 is a dog that gets terrible mileage. I put on the SS front facia, Escalade door handles and 20 in wheels so it didn't look like every other white crew cab Chevy. Now if there was an easy way to get rid of those stupid "Farmer John" lights on the cab!
We'll be out on the week end after the 4th again.
GB

SDLifesaver
06-28-2004, 08:47 PM
We just got back from Havasu today and what a nice weekend. I saw a few Howards but nobody in a group. I had a nice conversation with Lenny Hancock lastnight. He was very concerned about some of the replies on this topic that bad mouthed Howard and Gene and Mike. He had some really good points about why they (Howard) has not had a regatta and some other stuff about things behind the scenes. I guess since I started this whole mess by trying to have a get together, not an expensive, company responsible party Lenny thought it would be a good thing for me to express his concerns. For those of you who don't own a Howard, or don't know who Lenny is, he is the Father of Lenny jr. who has a bad ass blown 26 cat. He lives in Lake Havasu, He works for Howard and does alot of boat deliveries and boat show set up. He is a really nice, approachable and seems like an all around good guy. He was upset that people were bad mouthing Mike and Gene, more importantly, people were doing it that don't even own a Howard. I was responsible for trying to organize this event, however I was also fortunate enough to not bad mouth anybody on this topic. Lenny explained to me that a REAL HOWARD REGATTA is in the works. He does not know when, but maybe all of this has helped stimulate the idea. I hope this does for Lenny what he hoped it would. As for me, I am ending this saga of the Un-Official Howard Regatta. Nick Johnson

goneboatin
06-28-2004, 09:09 PM
As for me, I am ending this saga of the Un-Official Howard Regatta. Nick Johnson
Nick, this was a great idea that somehow went awry. It seems this board is pretty powerful little thing, it brought people from hundreds of miles away to a wet spot in the middle of the desert. Do us Howard owners really need a regatta? Probably not, but an annual event or just a meeting spot where we can all hang out, check out each others boats, bench race, toss down a few brews and shoot the shit. Even if there were hats or other Howard wear available for the event that'd be cool, but not necessary.
Hey, as the summer progresses maybe we'll all meet up somewhere and do the above.
Thanks for all your effort, time and $.
GB

havalen
06-28-2004, 09:19 PM
thanks nick. i hope the doctors will let me go out on the forth and see all the HOWARDS in my home town of lake havasu

hulshot
06-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Well it sounds like a good time was had by those who showed up. I am sorry I could not attend with my little 26 cat, but I sold it on Sunday. I am no longer a Proud Howard owner. after owning 3 howards I am moving on. It was and still is a bad ass boat. It will still be out there running around just not at the high speeds it used too. My goal of 130+ will fall short with it. It was very close to attaining after the first outing this year. But I had the best time and got alot of compliments everytime I went out. Howard makes a beautiful and strong boat. I dealt with both Gene an Mike and they treated me well adn took care of customer service also. they stand behind their boats.
Roln maybe next BBSP we can hook up and bs some. I think you remember which boat mine was.
Hullshot out.

little rowe boat
06-28-2004, 09:53 PM
So Nick where were you.I was looking forward to meeting you.A bunch of us met in the channel on fri. afternoon and I was keeping an eye out for you.

roln 20s
06-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Roln maybe next BBSP we can hook up and bs some. I think you remember which boat mine was.
Of course I do! How could I forget? I should have my new bullet out there next year- should be a good time! I'd love to meet up with ya- keep in touch.
You should have Gene build you a super trick classic 21 river cruiser before they sell those molds--you know the one that looks like a schiada and spectra. Thats smaller, can really run and handle the rough stuff :D
Roln 20s

SDLifesaver
06-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Jeff, we were there all weekend. Saturday didn't start off to good though. My wife and son had to go to Urgent Care because they both got sick over night. Wife had strep and the baby had a double ear infection. I picked them up at 1:30pm and we immediately went to the sand bar. I saw your boat in the south end of the channel but there was no way I could get to you at the time. We will be back out on the 4th through the 13th.

dr. margarita
06-29-2004, 07:08 PM
As for me, I am ending this saga of the Un-Official Howard Regatta. Nick Johnson
Had a wonderful conversation with Gene today...Nick, in no way do either Mike or Gene have any hard feelings toward you. They are completely on track that you were well intentioned.
Lenny is right, when Howard is ready to have an "official regatta", it will be first rate and yes the "wheels" are turning.
On a different note, while visiting the shop today I experienced a lower jaw injury when my teeth hit the floor in total amazement of their latest 28 Bullet open bow creation. I've got to hand it to the owner who created the graphics. The gel coat work rivals the best in the industry in both originality and execution. Sorry I didn't have my digital camera with me, but even if I did, I would not, could not, steel the thunder of allowing the owner to show it off first hand. Here's an approximate description, the gel coat consisted of three shades of silver/gray with a hint of blue metal flake all separated with a light grey pin line. Emphasis on "hint"; very subtle. The gel pattern is very slick! The only white gel work was at the very bottom of the hull which will be totally emersed. Hopefully the owner will finish it off with an all white interior, pewter accessories and a stainless steel rub-rail. The all white interior would be unbelievable against the darkest metallic grey gel that is in the interior portion of the hull. If you all thought that Howards shined during the past couple of LA Boat Shows, you won't believe this. Gene, when you read this, hopefully you can convince the owner to show his boat in January and get him to post some pictures on this forum! This is by far the sickest machine I've seen Howard produce!
Roln, we've got our work cut out for us if we're gonna top this one for your 28 Bullet!

roln 20s
06-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Roln, we've got our work cut out for us if we're gonna top this one for your 28 Bullet!
Thats why I am outsourcing your help---I know we can do it.
Oh yeah, just an FYI- hope everyone can make your trip on the 22nd of July weekend, I checked my schedule just in case and I am going to one of Amanda's friends wedding. I don't remember signing up for that :rolleyes: :D Oh well- open bars are a good thing :D
Roln 20s

fourspeednup
06-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Roln, we've got our work cut out for us if we're gonna top this one for your 28 Bullet! When is the next focus group meeting being held?;)

Essex502
06-30-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
Had a wonderful conversation with Gene today...Nick, in no way do either Mike or Gene have any hard feelings toward you. They are completely on track that you were well intentioned.
Lenny is right, when Howard is ready to have an "official regatta", it will be first rate and yes the "wheels" are turning.
On a different note, while visiting the shop today I experienced a lower jaw injury when my teeth hit the floor in total amazement of their latest 28 Bullet open bow creation. I've got to hand it to the owner who created the graphics. The gel coat work rivals the best in the industry in both originality and execution. Sorry I didn't have my digital camera with me, but even if I did, I would not, could not, steel the thunder of allowing the owner to show it off first hand. Here's an approximate description, the gel coat consisted of three shades of silver/gray with a hint of blue metal flake all separated with a light grey pin line. Emphasis on "hint"; very subtle. The gel pattern is very slick! The only white gel work was at the very bottom of the hull which will be totally emersed. Hopefully the owner will finish it off with an all white interior, pewter accessories and a stainless steel rub-rail. The all white interior would be unbelievable against the darkest metallic grey gel that is in the interior portion of the hull. If you all thought that Howards shined during the past couple of LA Boat Shows, you won't believe this. Gene, when you read this, hopefully you can convince the owner to show his boat in January and get him to post some pictures on this forum! This is by far the sickest machine I've seen Howard produce!
Dr. M....you were in Valencia yesterday and you didn't stop by and hoist a Marg?

SDLifesaver
06-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Well that's good to hear. Thanks for looking into that for me.

dr. margarita
06-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
Dr. M....you were in Valencia yesterday and you didn't stop by and hoist a Marg?
I had to leave before traffic became impossible. Left around 4pm.

Essex502
06-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
I had to leave before traffic became impossible. Left around 4pm.
One of these days you'll have to stay for a bit and sip a little tequila with us!

roln 20s
06-30-2004, 06:25 PM
When is the next focus group meeting being held?
I may go and visit SoCal and Howard July 9-11th. If so, I'll let you know- I'll come by!
You've seen my basic graphics- just need to make minor adjustments to make it better:D
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
06-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Man with all the new boat talk around you guys are sure making me want to go and order a new bullet. And hey patrick i think for sure i am gonna run the carson brummet deal.

roln 20s
06-30-2004, 09:26 PM
And hey patrick i think for sure i am gonna run the carson brummet deal.
Awesome--I talked to Brummet the other day and the 454 twin turbo single carb (like in that conquest) ready to drop in is approx 30K, while a 540 TT setup like KillerVs will cost all of 40K. The emphasis on RELIABILITY was evident. Definately a great choice. I would also consider one, but maybe if we go together we can get a better deal on TWO:D
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
07-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey sounds like a deal to me. I'll take one for sure i will either put it in the 22 now or wait till the next one rolls around.

roln 20s
07-01-2004, 09:52 PM
wait till the next one rolls around.
This is my vote--buy a BULLET.
Your 22 is already a bad ass sleeper...keep it that way :D
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
07-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Yeah if i could get the right prop on the 22 i think it would run pretty hard but just cant find the right prop so far. I need to find a 26 four blade, you know of any? And trust me the bullet will be the sickest of all when done.

roln 20s
07-03-2004, 09:41 AM
I need to find a 26 four blade
Call Mike and Gene- I know that DrMarg borrowed a 26 for a weekend.
Also, I think DrMarg just got a new prop- a labbed 25.5 or something like that. You may be able to bum that for a couple of speed runs at Havasu.
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
07-04-2004, 06:18 AM
YEah thats not a bad idea i need to try one for sure and see how it works before i buy it.