PDA

View Full Version : Photochoppers

BOBALOO
06-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I am looking for an easy tutorial on how to cut out portions of one picture and put them on another. There used to be one on Barneys site but it is gone now.
I will be using photoshop v.7.0
I have some pictures that need some "adjustment":D

Kilrtoy
06-02-2004, 02:37 PM
BOB
with that photo shop, you should be able to open it and it will walk you through it....

Kilrtoy
06-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Better yet, If they are nudes send them over and I'LL fix them right up

BOBALOO
06-02-2004, 02:40 PM
I think you might just fix yourself up.

Kilrtoy
06-02-2004, 02:43 PM
I think you might just fix yourself up
AND whats the problem
Go to help in photoshop, It will walk you through it....

Tom Brown
06-02-2004, 02:54 PM
The original tutorial is back up on Barney's site, although it is only screen prints. It's too bad we lost that information when the old server went dark because 572Daytona did an amazing job on them.

BOBALOO
06-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks tom, I was hoping to find the wording to go along with the prints. Maybe someone saved it somewhere.

Tom Brown
06-02-2004, 03:06 PM
I wish they did. Unfortunately, 572D didn't save it either. :(

BOBALOO
06-02-2004, 03:08 PM
I read a couple days ago about the prints but where are they at Barneys?

572Daytona
06-02-2004, 03:45 PM
What are you trying to cut out? There are different techniques for masking depending on how much color variation there is in the item and the backround. The easiest thing is an item on a solid color backround, if that is the case you can use the magic wand tool to select the backround then invert the selection.
Another technique is to enter quick mask mode by hitting Q. When in this mode anything you "paint" with black becomes included in the selection and anything you paint with white gets removed from the selection. By swapping the foreground and background colors, zooming in, and using different size brushes you can pretty much mask off any part of the picture you want. When complete hit Q again to exit the mode and view your selection. Then all you have to do is copy and paste it into another photo.

h2oski2fast
06-02-2004, 03:52 PM
The best way is to use the path tool. Then select the path, inverse the selection. Then use Layer/Matting/defringe to get rid of the wrong color pixels. The path tools is fairly easy to use and will produce the best results.

dmontzsta
06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by h2oski2fast
The best way is to use the path tool. Then select the path, inverse the selection. Then use Layer/Matting/defringe to get rid of the wrong color pixels. The path tools is fairly easy to use and will produce the best results.
Sign FX where at in the OC are you?
I am in the printing biz and sometimes need signs done. We were using Morris prepress but they went out of business.