PDA

View Full Version : Barron Sprint Circle Boat ????

Cowboy Bob
06-03-2004, 06:47 AM
I am looking for a Boat I sold a while back. It was a Barron Sprint but it had a "Funky" number since it was not a "Hallett" but one of about 4-6 Boats that Tommy Barron did with a different bottom design and a "twist" in the Hull. When I sold it, it was Green and had about seven colors in the paint job. It was on a Yellow Dual Axle Trailer. The Boat was Unique in that it had an 8 Degree Casale Box in it. I am curious if anyone knows where it is or if it might be for sale? If you are the owner of it, I can fill you in on it's history and rigging.
Thanks,
Cowboy Bob

83nordic
06-03-2004, 09:39 AM
CB, I know of a Barron Sprint, however it is not green, I cannot comment on the v-drive angle, but it is unique in that it is driven from the right side. If you have any info on this boat I am sure the owner would love to talk to you.
John

Cowboy Bob
06-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Do you mean it has the Steering Wheel on the Right?
Or did you mean that it is set up for the motor to drive off the front of the Crank (Right Hand Propellor Rotation).
When I last saw mine it was set up "Circle Boat Style" with the Motor driving the Boat from the nose of the Crank.

83nordic
06-03-2004, 10:19 AM
CB it steers from the right and is snout driven like most or all circle boats. The original name was "Orca"

Cowboy Bob
06-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Hmmmmmmm,
That's kind of bizarre! Although changing the Steering is really just a matter of rigging, what I would be curious about is the Cav. Plate controls??? If the Boat Steered from the Right Side, then The Cav. Plate Control would be on the Left Side of the Right Hand Stringer? That would interfere with the V-Drive I would think? In any case, that does not sound like my old Boat unless someone did a Ton of work to it.
Thanks for the info!

Cowboy Bob
06-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Anyone have any info?
I would be interested in buying a Hull, even damaged, if there is one available out there. A Barron Sprint would be great,a Kelron would as well, but any Circle Boat Hull would be of interest to me.
Last I spoke to the folks at Barron/Hallett, they had the mold for this Boat still. Anybody know anything about that?

Bob Hostetter
06-24-2004, 07:30 AM
What did you mean by a "twist in the hull" ? Also did Hallet say if they were interested in laying up some more of the hulls?

Cowboy Bob
06-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Here's the scoop as it was told to me:
Tommy Barron layed up and built some Boats on his own. These were purpose built specials that had a twist in the Hull. When viewed from behind, the left rear corner was lower than the right to compensate for the Motor Torque. These particular Hulls also had 4 Lapstrakes on the bottom. Again, these were built for racing and the one I had, as well as the others I suppose, had a serial Number different than a normal Hallett-Barron Serial Number which was confirmed to me by Tommy's brother who's name I cannot recall. These Serial Numbers started with "TBRB" which I surmise is for "Tommy Barron Race Boats"
The feeling I got was that they were not really excited about building any more Boats. Before you ask, NO, the mold was not for sale (I Asked). The Next Boat at the time that would come out of the Mold was for Gordon Jennings I think, or at least that was the rumor.

76BARRON
06-24-2004, 10:23 PM
glad to see interest shown in Barron sprint's! considering this is pretty much Biesemeyer country! BUT.........Anyone and everyone I have ever talked to that has or ever had a BARRON/HALLET and some copies has been VERY happy with it! when set up properly
they can run with the best of them!and they make one hell of a play boat for smooth water of rough, it don"t matter they take it all! It seems to me that barron's may even hold a few records still?
V-DRIVE VIDEO may know more about this than I?
Jerry ,You out there?
p.s and yes I have one too!:D

Dave Sammons
06-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Cowboy,
I know where there is a Barron Sprint for sale. It isn't your old boat, but, it can be had right. It is an ex-raceboat that was crashed and bought by a friend of mine. The boat comes complete with all the rigging, less motor. I have seen the parts and they are the real deal. Here's the catch, when the boat was crashed it split the cap about midway back on the deck. The guy that bought the boat wanted to do a wood deck anyway, so it was perfect for his use. The boat has been strengthened and repaired and is ready for a wood deck. He has the old deck as well. It was cutoff in a way so it could be reattached. I think a wood deck Barron would be pretty cool! The whole thing could be had for about 3000. PM me if you have some interest.

Cowboy Bob
06-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I would like to check that Boat out.
I am not thrilled about the Deck being cut off, but if he has the parts he cut off, it should not be a big deal.
Anybody know anything about the D'Cucci that's for sale? $2000 or so up in Oregon if I remember correctly.
I saw a photo of it and it looks like one of the stringers was cut away by the Drivers Seat????????
Weekday E-Mail is rfurman@ncen.com

76BARRON
06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
it's kind of funny you should mention d'cucci as I bought my barron sprint from joey cucci of d' cucci boats! just a fun fact or tidbit:D

Sked
06-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Here's a link to the classified add for that D'cucci that's for sale.
D'cucci Starfire (http://jerseyspeedskiffs.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=3;t=259)
I'm not sure if it's still available. Marc, boatguy222 on this board is the one who has/had it. If you need more pics I have some available

GofastRacer
06-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
Yeah, I would like to check that Boat out.
I am not thrilled about the Deck being cut off, but if he has the parts he cut off, it should not be a big deal.
Anybody know anything about the D'Cucci that's for sale? $2000 or so up in Oregon if I remember correctly.
I saw a photo of it and it looks like one of the stringers was cut away by the Drivers Seat????????
Weekday E-Mail is rfurman@ncen.com
That is not the regular "B" boat, it is a copy of the Starfire, it was originally made for Paul Stratton but he never did anything with it, there is no holes in the boat whatsoever, it has never been rigged. That was common to cut the stringer down for the seat in those!...That would make a great project, and the price is great too!..

boatguy222
06-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes, The D'cucci is STILL for sale! I have the D'cucci set up, and can get the Starfire set up, this boat would make a great lake Rocket, or Nostalgia Circle boat. PM if your interested and we'll talk!

msmeads1
06-25-2004, 05:47 PM
i know this is not a green boat but this boat was 4 sale last summer in so cal. $7500
is this the barron hull design you are looking for?

DUNDUN
06-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by boatguy222
Yes, The D'cucci is STILL for sale! I have the D'cucci set up, and can get the Starfire set up, this boat would make a great lake Rocket, or Nostalgia Circle boat. PM if your interested and we'll talk!
How little is that hull?
It looks pretty small, or is that just a really big trailer

boatguy222
06-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by hallett flatbottom kid
How little is that hull?
It looks pretty small, or is that just a really big trailer
The boat is 16', the trailer is for my Schiada, and does NOT go with the D'Cucci.

GofastRacer
06-25-2004, 07:56 PM
If anybody buys this boat and is serious about rigging it, I have all the measurements for the hardware for it!..

CircleJerk
06-26-2004, 07:10 AM
Cowboy......where have you been? I once owned a barron now owned by e-ticket here on the borum. It was set up to drag race and hardware placement was a real testiment of all the radical ideas of its time. V-drive was at 80 inches and motor at 27. This boat ran well at Nostalgia circle races and I wish I had never sold it! The problem with them for circles is the radical lapstakes that can throw you around in a sharp turn, but you are right, there is no smoother ride that I have found! That red Barron looks great, whats the price. Oh by the way, I have a circle race boat for sale even rarer than a Barron and faster.......right Sked? Marc oues you for that one! ;)

WaterBox
06-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Hey Cowboy: I know where there is a 4 strake Baron Sprint for sale. Its been put away for a-lot of years. It's a real straight boat. Call 928-505-2397

Cowboy Bob
06-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by msmeads1
i know this is not a green boat but this boat was 4 sale last summer in so cal. $7500
is this the barron hull design you are looking for?
That's the Barron Sprint alright! That's set up for "Drag Style" drive off the flywheel end, most had the motor in the other way.
Bob

Cowboy Bob
06-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by boatguy222
So you have a D'Cucci and a Starfire-D'Cucci? I'm lost here !
I am NOT interested in the Starfire, but would be interested in the D'Cucci.

boatguy222
06-28-2004, 09:22 AM
CBBob
It's a D'cucci, Don splashed it off a Starfire, in 1984 for Paul Stratton, to run against the Starfires up here in the northwest. It was popped out of the mold and sat in Paul daughter's garage for 19 years.
Joey ran a simlar boat in Super Stock for several years in the 90's. but it is not the Biesemeyer Style that he is running now.
It's a cool little boat! Most Circle racer have seen one run, it's a very fast little boat, it just wont go around a single pin turn!

GofastRacer
06-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
So you have a D'Cucci and a Starfire-D'Cucci? I'm lost here !
I am NOT interested in the Starfire, but would be interested in the D'Cucci.
As far as I know Joey still has a bare hull in storage, it used to be my boat but there is no hardware whatsoever in it!. It was made for SS, it would not be good for a "K" boat!..

e-ticket
06-29-2004, 06:09 AM
This is the Barron Sprint Circlejerk was talking about. It is now up for sale less motor. It is 12d 12 gears with 11-1/8x16 prop with motor driving off of flywheel.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/103P3070498-med.JPG

CircleJerk
06-29-2004, 05:18 PM
I wish I had it back! Best riding boat I have ever driven! More air under it than a 'b-boat'. Still looks good Gary, what new piece is replacing it? 12 gears must have pulled your molars out on acceleration! :D

CircleJerk
06-29-2004, 05:21 PM
OH almost forgot, Gary, show them a picture of that homemade hardware and the solid billet flywheel cover and cav plate hardware made my Rich Hallet himself! And that Beautiful floor!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by CircleJerk
I wish I had it back! Best riding boat I have ever driven! More air under it than a 'b-boat'. Still looks good Gary, what new piece is replacing it? 12 gears must have pulled your molars out on acceleration! :D
CJ,
I thought the Barron sprint was designed by Rusty Biesemeyer for Nick Barron??? Wouldn't that make it a "B" boat and explain your smooth ride?;)
I met Kip at Burley, nice guy.

TRG
06-30-2004, 09:22 PM
if im not mistaken,...this is the same type of hull that boatguy222 is selling.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43c4-med.jpg
i believe the name of the boat was "sew what"?
this hull is super clean!... and very light!
i might want to mention too, that it has never been rigged!
if i can remember,... it has like 8-9 different colors of "GEL", and the pic of it on mark's trailer does it no justice whatsoever!
just my .02
todd

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
if i can remember,... it has like 8-9 different colors of "GEL", and the pic of it on mark's trailer does it no justice whatsoever!
just my .02
todd
Actually Todd, 222's boat is a Jones Starfire splash by D'Cucci with a cut-a-way deck. It has the same gel pattern as the "Sew What" boat in your picture but the hulls are different.

boatguy222
07-01-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43c4-med.jpg
just my .02
todd
Todd,
Jerry's right that boat is a Biesemeyer, Paul later had a D'cucci with the T-deck, with about the same colors in it. I have some pics of it running at Clarkston, Wa, in 82 or 83.
The Starfire runs flatter than the Biesemeyer, and kinda skips around the corners.

TRG
07-03-2004, 10:14 PM
glad we figured that out!....after all i dont use my left foot at all! lol
now that you say that,... i remember my conversations with paul stratton, and that is exactly what he said!
:D todd

Cowboy Bob
07-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Thanks to everyone for the information and leads on the Barron Sprint . I really appreciate the help.
As soon as things slow down here at work, I'll be following up on some of these Boats!
For those of you that go back a ways,(and have followed this post) the Boat I owned was on a Yellowish Orange Trailer. It had Blue Anodized Hardware.
It may have been fixed on the bottom below the Dash, not sure.
Does anyone remember or recognize the description?
Last I saw it it was on the same trailer, but repainted in Green, Maroon and Silver (about 7 Colors) the hardware was all bare Aluminum, the Cav. Plates were Black.
It's got sentimental value to me so I figure I'll track it down someday!

DEBS66BARONE
07-13-2004, 05:49 PM
HI THERE, SORRY I DONT HAVE THE INFO YOU WANT BUT JUST WANTED TO JOIN IN ON THE BARONE BAND WAGON. JUST BOUGHT MINE LAST SUMMER AND IM VERY PLEASED EXCEPT FOR THE STEERNG BEING ON THE RIGHT SIDE JUST HARD TO GET USED TO. ITS AN OLD BOAT BUT ITS MY DREAM BOAT ILL KEEP IT FOREVER. NEEDS SOME APOLSTRY WORK HAD TROUBLE WITH GETTING THE WATER FLOW THREW THE HEADERS CORRECTLY HAD TO CHANGE OIL ALOT UT EVERYTHING IS WORKING GREAT JUST HAD IT OUT LAST WEEKEND. ITS SMALL AND ALITTLE SQUIRRLY IN ROUGH WATER BUT KICKED BUTT ON MY BROTHERS 20 FT OMEGA JET. ILL KEEP MY EYE OUT FOR WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR IM IN CALIF. THERES NO OTHER FLAT BOTTOM ITS THE NEW WHITE MEAT HAHAA

Roman 1
07-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Whats a Barone?? This thread is about Barron sprints. Is that what you have? Welcome to the boards:D
R1:)

Brodie
07-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by DEBS66BARONE
HI THERE, SORRY I DONT HAVE THE INFO YOU WANT BUT JUST WANTED TO JOIN IN ON THE BARONE BAND WAGON. JUST BOUGHT MINE LAST SUMMER AND IM VERY PLEASED EXCEPT FOR THE STEERNG BEING ON THE RIGHT SIDE JUST HARD TO GET USED TO. ITS AN OLD BOAT BUT ITS MY DREAM BOAT ILL KEEP IT FOREVER. NEEDS SOME APOLSTRY WORK HAD TROUBLE WITH GETTING THE WATER FLOW THREW THE HEADERS CORRECTLY HAD TO CHANGE OIL ALOT UT EVERYTHING IS WORKING GREAT JUST HAD IT OUT LAST WEEKEND. ITS SMALL AND ALITTLE SQUIRRLY IN ROUGH WATER BUT KICKED BUTT ON MY BROTHERS 20 FT OMEGA JET. ILL KEEP MY EYE OUT FOR WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR IM IN CALIF. THERES NO OTHER FLAT BOTTOM ITS THE NEW WHITE MEAT HAHAA
This ladey's crazy,,,,,,,Thats funney
Barone:mad:

ChetRippley
07-13-2004, 07:43 PM
I think you pronounce it "BA- RONE"

Cowboy Bob
07-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Well, I found my Boat !
Well, not exactly found it but I heard what happened to it.
Apparently the guy I sold it to was running it at the River (Parker) and the Hull broke. Not sure where or how or any other details. Apparently they drug it up on the shore upside down and saved the Motor. Did not get any details on the hardware or V-Drive. The thing I did hear was that it broke where it was repaired from a previous break. I think it had cracked up in front of the Kick Board/Bulkhead under the Dash. Again, this is all second hand info since the Guy I sold it to is at that place where "Cool People" get to go (3 hot's and a cot).
The search is over, at least for my old Boat. Now it's time to quit looking for it and find a new project.