PDA

View Full Version : NEW Recipe Thread

MudPumper
06-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Have at it peeps!!!! I never saw the last one but sounds like it was good. I wont delete s h i t!!!:D

topless
06-03-2004, 11:29 AM
You just like offending people RD.

Keithb87
06-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Lunch
.50 to the pop machine,
.50 to the candy machine,
Pop open the canof soda,
Open the candy bar,
Answer the phone, and enjoy. :D :D

MudPumper
06-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Well 1st n foremost I didn't mean to offend anyone with that pic.. Just showing what can happen if you have a good recipe.. :D
RD
Alright RD, your killin me put the pic back up!!!
3 chimichangas
unwrap and put on microwave safe plate
Nuke for 4 min
1 can Dr. Pepper
Enjoy

HCS
06-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Ok. here we go again.:D Speaking of breast. Get yourself some
boneless chicken breast and marinate them in teriaki sauce for
one hour. Then BBQ them for about 20 min on each side. Fry up
some bacon and make some chicken sandwiches. Comes out killer.

HCS
06-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Those are some stacked women there!
Also.:D

topless
06-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Ever had beer can chicken?
Season a whole chicken stick a half of a beer up its ass put it on the bbq upright so the beer doesn't spill for about an hour and a half.

MsDrmr
06-03-2004, 12:30 PM
that shrimp looks great. how does it turn out on the grill, does it dry out or absorb butter and other stuff well?:confused:

copperrat20
06-03-2004, 12:31 PM
The original post was :
That was the original post..
RD
R\D- next time you are using that recipe, can I come over to eat?

MsDrmr
06-03-2004, 12:42 PM
well why the hell don't you know how to use it?
:D

HCS
06-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Ok, I got the tri tip down. Pre heat the grille, hot. Put the tip on
fat side up. Get it burning good until it sears the meat. Then flip
it over fat side down, do the same. Then leave it fat side down
and turn the grille down to low. Jam a thermometer in one of
them. Pull them off beaf rare. Wrap them in foil and let them sit
until cool. That keeps all the juices in. Don't cut them open hot.
All the juice flows out and they don't completely cook. Once cool
slice open on cutting board. They'll come out delicious.:cool:

NoCal NoBoat
06-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Hardcore Ski and RD -
You've just cooked the perfect tri-tip. Don't forget to carve it thin and across the grain.

MsDrmr
06-03-2004, 12:58 PM
RD cooking is pretty easy, I cook a mean steak, great chicken and I can broil a mean fish.
I cook well, I just don't know that much about seasoning and merinades. I don't like all the salt that is involved with over the counter crap so I wanted to discover new fresher ways to season meats, fish and vegies. I found a great site on the internet which is why I took off the other thread off. (if you did'nt read the thread of "where did the reciepe thread go")

HCS
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Temperatures.. You say preheat the grill. How hot do I preheat it too & how hot am I cooking the meat at? 200 degrees?? 800 degrees??
Becuase I don't have alot of cooking experience.. :( I'm trying to learn though. :)
RD
I heat my grill up until it's hot. 800 is plenty hot enough. Cooking
at 200 should be good also. I use one of those thermometers
that says right on it beaf rear, beef med, beef well, pork, chicken
etc. The trick with the tri-tip is don't over cook it. Pull it off before
it hits beef medium. Then like I say, pull it off and wrap in foil or
just let it cool before cutting. Yummy Yummy.

NoCal NoBoat
06-03-2004, 01:24 PM
RD -
To give you a rough idea, Weber says:
For a 2 to 2 - 1/2 pound tri-tip, about 1 - 1/2 inches thick
Sear the tri-tip directly over medium heat, turning once, until both
sides are seared, about 5 minutes total. Then grill the tri-tip indirectly over medium heat, turning once, until the internal temperature is about 140F for medium-rare, 20 to 30 minutes more.

Keithb87
06-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I thought this thread was deleted ???? :confused:

BarryMac
06-03-2004, 01:42 PM
RD, hope you don't mind me busting in on your thread, I have a little different way of cooking my Tri-Tip, I make a Aluminum Foil cooking sheet by tearing a large piece of Foil, fold it in half and crease the open ends and side, start the bar-b-q on High and let it get to about 500deg. put the Tri-Tip on the foil and place on the grill, let it sit for 10 minutes then turn the grill to medium low heat, and leave it alone, for a 5 pound hunk of meat I leave it on for about two and half hours, as others have said don't cut into it right away, let it rest for about 15 minutes, this will allow the juices to flow through the meat, it will end up so juicy and tender, your guests will love you and all the girls will wanna do you.
gjb...:D

NoCal NoBoat
06-03-2004, 02:24 PM
RD -
You did it right. The idea is to preheat the grill with all the burners on High. Then adjust the burners on each side of the food and turn off the burner directly below the food.
Now, you are using your grill like an oven, and roasting the tri-tip.
Resist the urge to "check" too much. Everytime you lift the lid, you lose your heat, and it takes a while to build back up. This will mess with the suggested cooking time. An internal meat thermometer is nice to have doing it this way.
We usually cook ours on a gas grill. High to sear it, then we lower to medium and cook it to medium rare.
I keep an eye on my cousin, the "grillmaster". If he's had more than a couple of beers, I double-check his work when he's not looking.
We miss once in a while, and the tri-tip is more medium than medium-rare. Lately, we've been pretty good...

Scream
06-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Ok now, I'm not a very good cook (as we all know) but sometimes I think I'm smarter then I am.. So lets get into this "indirect heat" business.
Last weekend I tried to be a playa, and I kicked on the left to burners on low/medium (varied them a bit while cooking) and brought the inside temperature of the grill till the thermometer on the front read 200'ish - 250 degrees. I let it sit like that for about an hour thinking that'd cook it well. At the end of the day I cut it open a bit, and it was very soft, I was unsure if the meat was still "raw" or if it was the fashion in which I cooked it. Becuase I didn't want anyone to get sick, I kicked on all the burners and cooked it for another 45 minutes or so with medium heat.. Turned out OK, I'm just unsure if the original hour with the indirect did anything or not?? as well what's the correct process for doing this?
RD
You guys are drivin me crazy. The propper temperature to cook meat is 160 F. That is when it's fully cooked, read well done. That is the temp for Poultry. For Beef sub primals and roasts (Tri Tip is a Sirloin Roast) 150 F will be med.
If you cook your roast on the grill, remove it and cover it in foil, try to place it in a dry ice chest until you get ready to serve. It will continue to cook without drying out and will not loose moisture. This also works with Turkeys and Hams and Standing Rib Roasts...Any cookable meat or poultry...
If you marinade, you can baste up until about 10 minutes from taking off the grill. After that, toss the marinade and never use it as a sauce after cooking, it'll make you ill...

clownpuncher
06-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok now everyone hold the hell up here....
I may have a nice Q, but I'll be damned if I know how to run the thing for a shit. I've cooked on it twice now, and the 1st time I got lucky everything turned out pretty good, but the 2nd time, well lets just say I'm not overly pleased with the way that my 70 bucks worth of tri tip came out last weekend. (3 of them) I didn't get any complaints, but I wanted it to come out better like the infamous River Chef's PartyCat, RiverLiver, Whipped 565, and Dave Davidson do it..
So, now in plain english explain to me how I cook diz shiznit..
I get myself a big tri tip, pre marinated. Light off the grill and bring it to what temperature? Leave it on their for how long approx? How many times do you flip it over? etc...
Please give very specific instructions on the Q'ing so that I don't ruin another meal and have my crew starve to death.
RD
Yo Davey. Cooking on a grill ain't as hard as building a nuclear reactor. It's actually pretty simple. I owe ya a few (hell, even if I didn't I'd help a brutha out) so I'd be more than happy to show you around the Q next time we're at the river on the same day. Kinda tough since I like the weekday trips, but, I'm sure I can swing a weekend.
The best way to learn is by doing and getting the feel for it. Till then I'll try to email ya some good EASY recipes. What shall I start with? :D

OGShocker
06-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah, come on RD it isn't rocket surgery.;)

clownpuncher
06-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Yeah, come on RD it isn't rocket surgery.;)
That was funny :D
You don't even have to be the sharpest marble in the drawer

BOBALOO
06-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey RD too bad you didn't find us saturday at the sandbar cuz the girls were using that same recipe on my boat.
BTW dont sweat it, the tri tips you cooked came out Excellent.

CA Stu
06-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Gas barbecues are GAY.
Viva charcoal!
1) Light charcoal
2) Wait until coals are lightly coated with ash
3) put meat on gril (doesn't matter what kind)
4) Cover
5) Drink a beer (2 if you're a drunk)
6) Flip meat over
7) Drink another beer (2 if you're a lush)
8) Take cover off, remove your masterpiece from your charcoal grill and eat it, secure in the knowledge that you are not a heterosexually impaired gas grill owner. ;)
If you're making hamburgers/cheeseburgers, the 10th level secret is to stuff a 1/4 tsp of butter in each patty, and the 9th level is to let them sit in a tray for 5 minutes after you take them off the grill.
You don't get to 280 lbs by not knowing how to cook.
CA Stu :D :D :D
PS All in fun, don't get an aneurysm.

BADBLOWN572
06-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Don't sweat Dave! Those tri tips were great! I polished mine off and went back for 2nds!

clownpuncher
06-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Start with something tasty that I can cook this weekend.. :)
RD
Check your Pm. Nothing profound, just a few tips for ya is all. ;)

HCS
06-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
Gas barbecues are GAY.
Viva charcoal!
1) Light charcoal
2) Wait until coals are lightly coated with ash
3) put meat on gril (doesn't matter what kind)
4) Cover
5) Drink a beer (2 if you're a drunk)
6) Flip meat over
7) Drink another beer (2 if you're a lush)
8) Take cover off, remove your masterpiece from your charcoal grill and eat it, secure in the knowledge that you are not a heterosexually impaired gas grill owner. ;)
If you're making hamburgers/cheeseburgers, the 10th level secret is to stuff a 1/4 tsp of butter in each patty, and the 9th level is to let them sit in a tray for 5 minutes after you take them off the grill.
You don't get to 280 lbs by not knowing how to cook.
CA Stu :D :D :D
PS All in fun, don't get an aneurysm.
LOL, I used to be a charcoal only grill burner. But once I got a
" Real good " gas grill I will never go back. It's alot less hassel
and the food comes out the same once the cue is seasoned.
I am the barbecue master in my area. I can grill anything to
perfection.:D