PDA

View Full Version : Wish MsEduKATor Luck!

TheEduKATor
06-03-2004, 11:32 AM
MsEduKATor lurks on here from time to time so I wanted to post this for her. While you guys are at OP6 this weekend she will be running a 26.2 mile Marathon in San Diego. After both my grandmother and godfather were diagnosed with cancer in early December MsEduKATor dedicated her training and this marathon to them and helped raise nearly $2 grand for the fight against cancer. She's been busting her a s s, and even ran last weekend in Havasu while my bro and I were getting the boat ready. She left at 4 am to get back in time by 6:30 am to help launch. She's on a mission and has improved her half marathon time by almost an hour from last year, so she looks to finish this marathon by almost 2 hours faster from last year. This coming from a women who has asthma and used to stop every block or two 4 years ago. I can't even keep up with her now, I just stay back and enjoy the view. My bro and I are going to be out supporting her along the way. We are cheating and get to drive though. Good luck Nicole, you've already made me proud. My bro Ray wishes you luck, and the Venegas family thanks you as well as everyone from the Garcia and Romo Family.

dmontzsta
06-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Good luck MrEdukator, we will be cheering for you.

OGShocker
06-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Best wishes and good luck!

Mrs. Restless22
06-03-2004, 11:36 AM
You go Nicole!!!!
I ran a 5k for the fight against strokes for my father in law about 2 years ago. Its such a gratifying feeling.
26 miles :eek: You are amazing!!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!:D

sidewound
06-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Good Luck Nicole!:D
I admire your dedication to a worthy cause.
We have two close friends diagnosed with terminal cancer in the last year. Against doctors orders they have both gone from terminal to cronic. In other words they won't let it take them.
You are to be commended for your efforts.
PEACE!:cool:
CESAR

Scream
06-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Good Luck MsEduKATor,
We have friends that are running in that Marathon. I can't even imagine running two blocks, much less a couple dozen miles.
Congratulations already for even training for it. That's amazing in my opinion.
Scream <--- Fat ass to the end...

Kilrtoy
06-03-2004, 12:00 PM
She is a sick woman,
RIGHT ON
Good luck and im sure you will do awesome.
That is some hard shit. I can't do it....

al cole'holic
06-03-2004, 12:05 PM
Great job!....any pics in the work out/running shorts? :D

Ntwotrance
06-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Good Luck MsE

THATJEFFGUY
06-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey now let's be honest Russ...could you EVER really keep up with her ?? :D So now just sit back, enjoy your carne asada tacos, and appreciate the spectacular view of her...her...well, enough said Bro !
Hey GOOD LUCK Nicole...you got lots more willpower than I do...and it's going for a good cause..even better !!

BIGAMIST
06-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Good luck MrsEdukator!! :) That's quite an accomplishment!! 26.2 Miles!!! Daaaammmnnn!! I can't even run the 50' to my truck!
RD
I say 10' to your truck on a down hill:D :D :D

TheEduKATor
06-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Come on now Jeff, I used to be able to run back in the day. Now all I do is run after my students and tell them to get back in the class. Good thing i'm not a Cop, if they took off on foot, I'd say o well, another one got away.

dicudmore
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
good luck :D

spectratoad
06-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Good luck MrsEdukator!! :) That's quite an accomplishment!! 26.2 Miles!!! Daaaammmnnn!! I can't even run the 50' to my truck!
RD
Wasn't there a thread awhile back where it sounded like you also couldn't run after a guy that was messing with your truck?:D
Good Luck MsE. That is a long haul on foot let alone running it. We had a guy here that did it and he was hurting for a few days after.
Sounds like you have it handled and will do well though.:D :D

redneckgirl
06-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Luck http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
RNG

TheEduKATor
06-03-2004, 03:07 PM
al cole'holic,
sorry no workout pictures, she get's up too early for me. She's been up and out the door running around 5:30 and 6:00 am to train.

FMluvswater
06-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Good luck MsEduKATor! I really admire what you are doing. :cool:

dimarcobros
06-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Best of luck, I am sure you will do great.
DMB

SoCalOffshore
06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Good luck. My wife ran that marathon last year for the Leukemia Society. They had rock bands every few miles and called it the "Rock and Roll Marathon."

Goldilocks
06-03-2004, 04:48 PM
You go girl!! I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded :(
Good luck to you. You'll do awesome.

MsEduKATor
06-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah that's the one, the Rock N Roll marathon. Starts in Balboa Park in SD, through downtown SD, then takes them on the 163 freeway then down and around mission bay, finally back towards the Marine Recruit Depot Station near the sports arena. My bro and I were able to make it to 4 spots along the race about every 6 miles or so, then to the finish line just in time to see her cross.

Phat Matt
06-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Goldilocks
You go girl!! I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded :(
Good luck to you. You'll do awesome.
Hey! Get to packing woman! :D :D :D

Goldilocks
06-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Hey! Get to packing woman! :D :D :D
I knew you'd say that. Get home so we can leave already!!
Oh, yeah, don't forget the vodka :D :D

MsEduKATor
06-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Thank you guys for all the kind words and support! They will all be replaying in my mind during all the tough times throughout the race...especially the last 6.2 miles!!! You guys are awesome. Thanks again!

TheEduKATor
06-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks Matt,
I know I can count on you to rub it in that we won't be out on the water this weekend or anytime soon for that matter, until the boat gets fixed.

TheEduKATor
06-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Jenn,
Is your arm tired. Cause you were pouring them drinks all day long on saturday. Or at least I remember you making them for me all day long. You two have fun out there this weekend. Matt, get home and pack your own stuff. :D

Goldilocks
06-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Jenn,
Is your arm tired. Cause you were pouring them drinks all day long on saturday. Or at least I remember you making them for me all day long. You two have fun out there this weekend. Matt, get home and pack your own stuff. :D
It's been sore all week :D
J/K
You guys come out whenever you want and hang on our boat. I know it's not the same when you don't have your own, but always know that we'd love hangin' out with you guys. :)

cc322
06-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Good luck, remember to have some carbs a few hours before you start the run, also drink the water they hand you as you go NOT to much, get into a rythem and you will do fine. After you finish you owe it to yourself to go get a full body massage GOOD LUCK:D

PlyaPlya22
06-03-2004, 06:21 PM
MsEduKATor lurks on here from time to time so I wanted to post this for her. While you guys are at OP6 this weekend she will be running a 26.2 mile Marathon in San Diego. After both my grandmother and godfather were diagnosed with cancer in early December MsEduKATor dedicated her training and this marathon to them and helped raise nearly $2 grand for the fight against cancer. She's been busting her a s s, and even ran last weekend in Havasu while my bro and I were getting the boat ready. She left at 4 am to get back in time by 6:30 am to help launch. She's on a mission and has improved her half marathon time by almost an hour from last year, so she looks to finish this marathon by almost 2 hours faster from last year. This coming from a women who has asthma and used to stop every block or two 4 years ago. I can't even keep up with her now, I just stay back and enjoy the view. My bro and I are going to be out supporting her along the way. We are cheating and get to drive though. Good luck Nicole, you've already made me proud. My bro Ray wishes you luck, and the Venegas family thanks you as well as everyone from the Garcia and Romo Family.
Good Luck to the MS. !!! You rock!:D

Reaper1
06-03-2004, 06:33 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!
I ran 4 Marathons when I was younger and it is an amazing accomplishment. I didn't stop running in any of them.
Don't forget, shoes are your friend. It won't hurt to drink water at every station. After 18 miles it's all mental because your body wants to shut down. Think positive, you can do it!
By the way, my best time: Vegas Marathon 3:40.43:wink:
Holla

PlyaPlya22
06-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Goldilocks
It's been sore all week :D
J/K
You guys come out whenever you want and hang on our boat. I know it's not the same when you don't have your own, but always know that we'd love hangin' out with you guys. :)
Hi Goldilocks..It was great meeting you on Sat. We'll all have to hook up again!!!

Debbolas
06-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Best of luck to you!
Our friends Jon & Rhonda will be running in the same Marathon. We went to Lake Mead with them this weekend. I use to run 5K's but never a marathon! You Rock!!!
:D

shadow
06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Debbolas,
I may not be the sharpest tool but is your post count going backwards?3997?
A few mins ago it was at 3997 now 3999

Goldilocks
06-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Hi Goldilocks..It was great meeting you on Sat. We'll all have to hook up again!!!
Nice meeting you too. I hope you liked the Hurricane.
Hope to hang with all of you guys again soon. We're heading out shortly, if Phat Matt would get his damn work done :D :D

Phat Matt
06-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks Matt,
I know I can count on you to rub it in that we won't be out on the water this weekend or anytime soon for that matter, until the boat gets fixed.
I went to Dell's today and talked to your Mom. She said someone was going to look at the drive soon. Well I am done with work, packed and outta here!
Good luck Nicole, I'll be drinking one for ya! :D

ahhell
06-03-2004, 07:48 PM
good luck and run strong...its for a Great cause!!!

MagicMtnDan
06-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Anyone who can run an entire marathon deserves a lot of credit. And if you can do it while you have asthma then my hat's definitely off to you! Good luck Ms. E - I hope you run a record pace!