PDA

View Full Version : Question re Lake Mojave and Lake Lice.

eliminatedsprinter
06-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if lake mojave has any special restrictions on PWCs?

DogHouse
06-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Don't know what the rules are, but there were a sh!tload of them there last weekend...
-brian

dicudmore
06-03-2004, 02:42 PM
don't know of any special rules for pwc....
see them all over the lake :(

eliminatedsprinter
06-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks. My sister and her family are taking their boat to mojave next week and they have a friend who wants to bring some PWCs. They heard the rumors from last year about 2 stroke bans etc and wondered if any rule changes came as a result.
P.S. Don't worry about them and their friends driving PWCs like lake lice. My brother in law is a power boater first and he will say something instructional (he can be outspoken ;) ) if they don't drive theirs like powerboats.:cool:

JetBoatRich
06-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Steve did you call the numbers I gave you:confused:

eliminatedsprinter
06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Nope, I'll just pass them on and let them call em. I'm a lazy POS ya know.....:cool:
P.S. Thanks, I'm sure they will help.:D

JetBoatRich
06-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Nope, I'll let them call em. I'm a lazy POS ya know.....:cool:
That is what I was going to say, but felt like being nice;)

eliminatedsprinter
06-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
That is what I was going to say, but felt like being nice;)
That's what I like about you.;) :p

19Kona
06-03-2004, 08:02 PM
personal water craft are allowed on the lake. For more info check out www.nps.gov/lame
I am a boater at heart, but I like my stand-up ski for those early morning runs and late afternoon wave sessions. That said, I am insured and very responsible in my actions. When I ride my ski I go out of my way to be the nice guy. I wish all jet-skiers were like me. It only takes a few to give all a bad name. Unfortunately I think some new boaters are just as bad as the jet-skiers.

Flying Tiger
06-03-2004, 09:04 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812P1010001-med.JPG
We launch at Cottonwood because of fewer PWC's,
Plus, only I drive the boat on Mojave.
Had my kids been driving on several occasions,, their'd be several dead PWC'rs.
Launching at Katherines is worse than launching at Dana Point.

XtrmWakeborder
06-03-2004, 09:28 PM
check out telephone cove, i like how you can set up camp almost next to the ramp....didnt get nearly as crowded as katherines last time i was there

RiverPirate
06-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Some things never change. Getting a slip is the only way to go while on Mojave.

78Southwind
06-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Eliminatedsprinter The only place that you really have to worry about PWC not being allowed is on Lake Mead about 5% of the lake is off limits to PWC. I would definitely dump the boat and PWC’s in at Telephone Cove last week it took me about 20 minutes to get my boat back on the trailer. There was a line all the way up to the Ranger’s Office at Katherine Landing. If you don’t mind a dirt road for a couple miles you can also launch the boat at the Nevada Telephone Cove. Nevada Telephone Cove is right across the lake from Arizona Telephone Cove.

78Southwind
06-04-2004, 01:41 PM
19Kona I know what you mean about new boaters being just as bad as the Lake Lice. I was brought up on boats and owned my boat for about seven years before I bought my sea doo. A boater in on river last week passed me up and did the no look right turn right in front of me. He should have bought the boat first not the sea doo. I’ve had a lot of PWC driver’s do that to me I was surprised when the boater did it.

eliminatedsprinter
06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll pass these answers on to my sister to give to her friend.:cool: :D